Sign in to follow this  
AK47FAN762

are you dissapointed with DD2 so far

I think I'll actually like the new graphics.
It's a different style of art that will separate DD1 from DD2, rather than have the same game with an upgraded RNG.

This game has taken a serious turn. It was more original before now its get ready for that cookie cutter mold. When this game makes tournaments and mlg like LoL then it won't be the same definitely I promise that.

Where do you see these new graphics? If you mean the pictures, its on beta/alpha so it probably wont look the same. Now I know one of my friend told be about the cutsceneish look on their 1st video about DD2 where the heroes/characters looked a bit weird. For me it looks better than the DD1 "moving pictures". I am a bit disappointed with the F2P, you have to pay for quality games, and I doubt these in-game stuff that you can buy with real money is going to be enough for Trendy tho I will probably buy everything they got lol. New game engine? Kinda meh, I liked the old one but if the new engine has the same feel I guess it doesnt matter. Not on Steam? That is a problem, steam has everything that a game needs, installing a new "big" game library thingy and leaving everything that i had on DD1/Steam is sad. I still miss the feeling whenever you get ur first armor piece or weapon, learn the abilities or defences that you will use a lot in later part of the game. Or even just the progression + playing with friends the first time. I know I will get those same feelings as soon as I start playing DD2. Thats the reason why I will be there as soon as they release DD2. Sorry for the big post just thought I could give my opinions about the current situation

After watching some videos and seeing some pics, im going to like the the new DD2, I WANT MY BETA! The only thing thats a bit dissapointing is that since they are adding an RTS mode its probably only going to be played/known for that then its original tower building mode.

There's nothing to be disappointed about imo.

The classic tower defense style is still there (yay!) along with the competitive MOBA style which i couldn't care less about, but it will attract more people to the game.
You won't say no to a bigger community, right?

I admit that i was slightly set back about it being f2p cause for me f2p = low quality, but i'm pretty sure that won't be the case here. DD1 is great, and i'm sure DD2 will be too.

I just hope that the f2p model won't end up in me spending more money on the game than it would normally cost for the base game + dlc's.

Excited to finally see this coming. Have been reading digest after digest with anticipation. I'm very pleased to see Trendy doing something new with the franchise (MOBA) while also continuing with what has made it so popular.

Good going guys...can't wait to see more revealed!

i can't wait for the COOP, but i don't care much for the MOBA at all. not a fan of hero shifting either...which won't be a problem because im probably gonna buy them. but whats the point in f2p. why not just b2p like the previous, same stuff...only you start off with heroes, and do the dlc stuff like before.

For all of you sad it Is not coming to console guess what. You can build/buy a pc for cheaper then a console that will run the game
I am happy its not coming to console actually. Its the best news I've heard since the release. I find it refreshing and new. I hope they do good. My only issue is will it be featured in mlg?Lol

I can't wait to see what you think of the game after you see the cooperative reveal trailer on Friday.

I can't wait to see what you think of the game after you see the cooperative reveal trailer on Friday.

Why did we have to wait so long to see this?

To build up suspense most likely. I love it yet hate it.

Indeed. Having to wait more than 6 months for it to release is torture. I would do anything for a beta key. And I mean anything ;)

I can't wait to see what new heroes and towers will be available!
This hype is killing me Dx

now i gotta atmit i cant wait for this

I have no clue how this game will turn, hell I don't know anything about the game play mechanics of this game or its implications, anybody here willing to enlighten me about how the stat system would work and what not?

Also just of note I've played just about every other game is the same genre; basically MOBA's...

I have no clue how this game will turn, hell I don't know anything about the game play mechanics of this game or its implications, anybody here willing to enlighten me about how the stat system would work and what not?

Actually, in about 18 hours your questions may be answered, as Trendy will show of the first lot of game play footage. But until then your guess is good as mine.

Elaborate?

The graphics are similar to DD1, I loved the style of DD1, just hope they optimize this one better. I run Far cry 3 on highest settings with no lag at all, but in DD1 I get FPS drops.

The only thing I would think anyone could be disappointed with is that they decided to go MOBA for their PvP.

The PvP in DD1 was no existent/ a joke. I'm glad they went with a game mode many people like.

You don't like MOBA's? Maybe you like this one, it's said to be more casual and noob friendly unlike other MOBA's.

Anyway I hope their main focus will be on the COOP, after all thats what Dungeon Defenders is all about, if we wanted a MOBA game we would go play league.

If they focus on the MOBA more than the actual Dungeon Defenders this game will fail.

I'm disappointed that they decided dungeon defenders 2 should be focused primarily on the MOBA. Dungeon Defenders 1 had huge success by being the game it was, a coop action tower defense game. I believe that the coop portion of Dungeon Defenders 2 is going to be low priority and not invested in heavily. I believe this because Trendy TOLD us OFFICIALLY that they were NOT working a DD2 but rather a completely different game...we now know they meant the MOBA. They finally realized people were not going to tolerate the broken engine mechanics that exist in DD1 that cannot be fixed due to core coding that cannot be changed when they started losing DLC money. This is why they added in the coop portion for DD2. This is also why the coop portion is only in "pre-alpha" according to Trendy.

I post this NOT to tear down. My SOLE hopes is to get the attention of the devs and the community so we can have a GREAT sequel to DD1. I hope i am very wrong, i really truly hope i am VERY wrong about the coop portion of DD2. I hope they will hear this and put the attention and effort into the game that it deserves. As far as MOBA's go, with DOTA2 now up to a $1 million tournament twice every year, I believe DD2 should focus on what it does best from DD1...which is not a moba lol. If they truly want to compete on the MOBA scene they would need to have the support to compete with DOTA2, LOL, or HON. I could be wrong but i dont believe they will be able to take a huge share of the moba market.

So do what you do best Trendy. Your success was because of DD1. Fix the "unfixable" bugs with a brand new engine. Give us the DD2 we *want* and you will see the money flowing in just as it did with DD1.

As for graphics, I completely agree with Daniel. It looks great! Not sure why you are complaining about it.

i imagine the fact that the artstyle has completely changed from how it is currently is very peculiar, and unsettling. the only complaint i've ever had about Dungeon Defenders' visuals currently, being that the textures could be higher resolution with better kerning. but the visuals overall, are superb. Unreal is a very powerful engine and it allows for top notch visuals in a generally pretty compact and efficient manner.
i don't get why the artstyle should be changing if it's already very pretty.

for example, my novelty DPS Countess.

everything looks superb there! the lighting is on par with any other engine that is known for fantastic visuals, the reflections on her armor and the other shiny parts of the scene look spot on. the glowing materials look great, those visuals work well! there's surely not enough wrong with them to just throw them out the window. a few touchups, improvements, and additional content here and there, and you have the visuals totally complete!
i really don't get it. why 'fix' what already works so well.