Sign in to follow this  
AK47FAN762

are you dissapointed with DD2 so far

What are you disappointed about? All we've seen is a trailer (unless there's been something super special that I haven't noticed). While I'm certainly slightly apprehensive about the MOBA part and think that it could easily flop if they do it wrong, condemning DD2 to a painful death, I think that there is tons of potential for it to be insanely awesome. Overall we'll definitely need to wait longer before I can say I'm disappointed.

What are you disappointed about? All we've seen is a trailer (unless there's been something super special that I haven't noticed). While I'm certainly slightly apprehensive about the MOBA part and think that it could easily flop if they do it wrong, condemning DD2 to a painful death, I think that there is tons of potential for it to be insanely awesome. Overall we'll definitely need to wait longer before I can say I'm disappointed.
the graphics killed me

I agree completely. I don't know how you can be disappointed with something you haven't even seen in action yet. I'm super pumped for this game, not so much for the MOBA part of it, but just by seing those screenshots of the COOP I can't wait to play it XD

Even if it plays exactly like DD1 but with those looks, RNG working well and no hacking, I will be VERY VERY HAPPY with that game, and I will throw my money at it.

the graphics killed me

The graphics is what really made me excited D: IMO those screenshots are looking awesome

I'm disappointed in the fact this thread already exists.

Agreed. We don't know enough yet to judge how it's going to turn out.

the graphics killed me

As for graphics, I completely agree with Daniel. It looks great! Not sure why you are complaining about it.

Hearing that MOBA was being implemented in multiplayer gameplay was a relatively huge turnoff for me. One of the main reasons I play Dungeon Defenders and not league is because of the CO-OP and experimentation of non-MOBA gameplay, like CTF and vanilla PvP.

Oh well, I'm still pretty pumped for the release of it though.

Heh, I'm just hoping that the MOBA aspect is similar enough to the original Dungeon Defenders that I can have a clue what's going on as opposed to whenever I try LoL or DOTA2.

I am not dissapointed at all they needed to start fresh and this is the perfect way to do it. I am very excited to see what Trendy has in store for us! I am ready for the surprise:)!

Until I actually play a MOBA I can't really say if it'll grow on me or not, but I never thought LoL or DotA looked like a game I'd enjoy. 200% happy that there'll be a DD2 tower defense, but the graphics do look like a big step down IMO.

Its the free-to-play idea that is getting to me... I feel that this may turn into a pay-to-win type of game even though trendy did say it won't. I hope they stick to their word(even though I will buy every dlc available(Assuming I like the game, see no reason I wont) :p) As long as the co-operative part is somewhat similar(mechanics in particular), but an improvement/the same with new content I shall be a happy camper ;)

The screens i've seen so far disappoint me. Still keep playing DD1. The competetive mode looks like another LoL/Dota/HoN/etc. Clone. Useless.

I'm not dissapointed YET, as we hardly know how things will actually work in-game :P. But I'm always here ready to complain, just call me.

Are you serious? We've seen a teaser and a little info blurb. None of it is finalized, and that obviously wasn't in-game footage, so the graphics could be better or worse than that. Don't jump to conclusions. I hate people like you. ^^

Re-inventing the MOBA with a bit of RPG flare will be interesting.
The whole reason I originally praised DD was because of RPG+Tower Defense. It was something different.
Excited. :)

I am very excited, haven't played much DD since palantir came out due to the huge gear inflation so a new start is very welcomed. I love everything about the new graphics style, and though the moba doesn't interest me too much it may surprise me!

Only thing I am a little wary about is if it's not going to be on steam as I think that turns of a lot off players who would pick it up just cause it was on steam.

There's not really much info to base an opinion on, but I'm very reluctant to what was revealed. I feel that the combination of tower defense and action was a very original idea, and it should be expanded on. I fear it will be neglected in Dungeon Defenders 2, for the benefit of the competitive MOBA-style mode.

While I do not blame Trendy for wanting to milk the F2P cow, I'm not sure the game will be something for me. I like to pay up-front, and although DLCs are welcomed if I feel they add valued content to the game, I don't care much for micro transactions.

Trendy may be able to convince me if buying all the heroes at launch will amount to about 35-45, which is a reasonable price for a game. However it's very unlikely they're going to let them go at less than 2 each. And that's exactly what I mean when I say milking the F2P cow.

I've liked what I've seen so far. I don't care for MOBAs, but classic Co-op is there, so I'm happy.

Recently just searched it up a bit. The way they changed the game layout is something im a bit dissapointed with. Theres change and then theres too much change, this was too much change, but I might get used to it. Im not entirly sure if its an RTS game yet, but it would be really cool if it was!