First Glance forum feedback.

this seemed the most appropriate place after examining the sections.

first off, i'm loving the functionality and GPU-Acceleration of these new forums. it's great ;)
and overall the simpler color scheme makes it very neutral so it fits multiple games like TE now has very well.

but, i'm not really a fan of my screen being 80+% white. having different themes users can choose from, or allowing us to create our own color preferences would really be ideal to me.
it looks great, i'm just very much a white on black person rather than a black on white person. i've always supported that white on black multiplies readability drastically.

i also noticed my first issue with the forums, as seen here ;)

i tried blowing up my browser window fully, didn't change. so it's definitely the way the page layout is set.

oh, and the second minor issue.

reading the text under each image is quite difficult with that background.

I've moved this thread to Off-Topic. We're looking into including an alternate dark theme for the forums. We may allow users to set their own themes, too. That's a discussion we'll have this week.

As for the other issues, thank you so much for finding them! If you see anymore, please let me know!

Hey Hit another this is when I try to thumbs up it automatically thumbs down...

is there something Im doing wrong

What's to discuss? almost everyone wants a darker color scheme... also the loading for private messaging is EXTREMELY slow

Our web team is busy working out the technical kinks of the website and the forums. That takes priority at the moment.

Does this happen every time? Are you sure you're not clicking it twice? What browser are you using?

The white could be a tiny bit more grey so that it doesn't look like a light bulb in a dark room. Forum is a lot better than the old one though.

I would say slow computer. It takes a sec to register the thumb^ so just don't double click

The white could be a tiny bit more grey so that it doesn't look like a light bulb in a dark room.

Yeah, no need for [[309,hashtags]].

Also, I notice the auction thread I started today is gone. It seems to have just disappeared. Should I restart the auction thread or are posts still being ported over?

Also, I notice the auction thread I started today is gone. It seems to have just disappeared. Should I restart the auction thread or are posts still being ported over?

They used a forum save from like 10pm last night. Just re-create whatever it was

The white could be a tiny bit more grey so that it doesn't look like a light bulb in a dark room. Forum is a lot better than the old one though.

oh and i found the right login button :'). Think I will keep the slapstick account though and loose this one. I'll loose some posts but the name is better :D

I really hope you put in an option for darker color scheme.

The menus are more complicated to navigate. And I'm probably the only person who has reall issues with this, and only because I do 99.9% of my web stuff from my vita. The old forum had the console sub forums in one spot, now they are all over the place.

I hate to say it, but until color schemes come out, if they do, I'll limit my forum use. I really enjoy them but this white is straining. Might not be so bad on a computer though.

I really hope you put in an option for darker color scheme.

The menus are more complicated to navigate. And I'm probably the only person who has reall issues with this, and only because I do 99.9% of my web stuff from my vita. The old forum had the console sub forums in one spot, now they are all over the place.

I hate to say it, but until color schemes come out, if they do, I'll limit my forum use. I really enjoy them but this white is straining. Might not be so bad on a computer though.

I think I may have to disappoint you on the computer part

I hate the fact that this feels like a metro theme... If I was on a tablet, I would appreciate it... but not on a desktop/laptop. I also dislike how "skinny" the actual forums part of the page is when viewing at higher resolutions (currently 1920x1080). I really dislike how inefficient you have made the pages upon loading. Just too much dead space for a power user.

I think I may have to disappoint you on the computer part

Just keep my fingers crossed for color options then.

Aside from the obvious colour theme issues everybody wants. I really like the new forums.

I enjoy the little headlines on the side, such as:
Weekly top contributors, popular threads, most liked threads, Trendy tracker, etc, etc. it really keeps me more active to view participate in quality threads.

I also enjoy the new "Ups" system as well, to be able to like a great post that is well written and informed is a great addition.

Besides the slow loading times, inability to see if people are online, tiny forum fonts and lack of customization in signatures, great job.

It will take some getting used to. At least on a laptop you can change the screen brightness. Sadly, I am at work atm. I have been perusing them for 20 minutes and my eyes already hurt.