What did you think of the reveal?

All I read about TRENDY's next project was that they were working on their next game. Did that make me think of another Dungeon Defenders game? Tbh, no. I got pretty excited when I saw the trailer. I just hope it will be as good as DD1.

Remember DD1 was a "indie" game kind of, as well was Guild Wars 1(To a degree). and I liked GW1 way more than GW2.

Let's hope they stay true to their original game and improve on what was bad and keep they good things.

Happy 'bout the new game *fingers crossed for good RNG* but most people were used to the old forums and i personally would have preferred to stay with the old one.

I like the new fourm I just don't like the fact that they removed the Console fourm, :( it would be nice to put that back in plz :)

I'm really looking forward to the coop tower defense sequel but I think jumping on the moba bandwagon is trying to cram your way into an already over saturated genre.

As long as it doesn't impact the quality/size/length/content of the co-op part of the game, more power to you if you can pull it off though!

F2P and competitive mode is a big mistakes. If I want to play F2P MOBA, I'll go and play Dota 2 or LoL.

Dungeon Defenders is a unique game, that combined Tower Defence, Action and Rpg with Loot Hunting. Instead of working on some key elements, that helps you to improve this ****tail and stand out your game from many other, you add an F2P MOBA clone. :confused:

Dozens of MOBA games are coming out following the success of LoL like a lemmings, and there is only a few are playable.

Really disappointing.

F2P and competitive mode is a big mistakes. If I want to play F2P MOBA, I'll go and play Dota 2 or LoL.

Dungeon Defenders is a unique game, that combined Tower Defence, Action and Rpg with Loot Hunting. Instead of working on some key elements, that helps you to improve this ****tail and stand out your game from many other, you add an F2P MOBA clone. :confused:

Dozens of MOBA games are coming out following the success of LoL like a lemmings, and there is only a few are playable.

Really disappointing.

Say what you want, after reading those PAX First impressions, I can't wait to get my hands on that MOBA.
http://dungeondefenders2.com/forum/showthread.php?95889-PAX-East-DD2-Competitive-Impressions

Really disappointing.

There are quite a few things that separates our MOBA from others out there like random rewards, streamlined item system, and, most of all, shorter game times. If you get into the beta, I'd love to hear your thoughts about it. :^)

Really disappointing.

You should stop being "disappointed" and wait till there are actual gameplay footage and more detailed information. You're comparing completely different games right now friend. Before you start cursing and flicking people off. Actually try the game out. Then you can damn it to hell or whatever you want.

The Trendy team even said that this moba is a CASUAL styled moba game. Not ment for extreme competitive play.

With that said. Dungeon Defenders 2 is still a unique game, that STILL combines towers defense, action and roleplayinggame.

Thus. Your whole argument is invalid.

You should stop being "disappointed" and wait till there are actual gameplay footage and more detailed information. You're comparing completely different games right now friend. Before you start cursing and flicking people off. Actually try the game out. Then you can damn it to hell or whatever you want.

The Trendy team even said that this moba is a CASUAL styled moba game. Not ment for extreme competitive play.

With that said. Dungeon Defenders 2 is still a unique game, that STILL combines towers defense, action and roleplayinggame.

Thus. Your whole argument is invalid.
this and even the competive part of the game really looks cool

To date, the only Footage that I've seen is a montage about Co-op action. And that is the only video of possible Gameplay footage, it doesn't show any UI, which is often shown in gameplay footage.

The only person outside Trendy who may have footage of any gameplay is Total Biscuit. According to his PAX Recap day 2, he has played it and got some footage, and going off his videos he's played quite a few MOBAs.

As Pre-Alpha screen footage go.. DD2 looks brilliant, and I hope the game play is not bad.

As much as I love Trendy and all the work that has gone into the reveal, I feel I must be critical, seeing as very few posts answer all of the questions.

The launch was very Trendy-esque with very little change from tradition, hence almost predictable.

The video(s) is/are very engaging in a sense of pure enticement, but also fall victim to Trendy marketing. Too little.

I feel as though you should all be more proud of your game and efforts thus far, show us gameplay footage, give us a tease at a new class we haven't seen before. We're excited, but we're only excited because we think there is a better reveal coming soon, with more content that we can relate to; playing. Hiding all the content and gameplay only hurts your loyal supporters and could lose you customers maybe.

The timing was off. Co-op, might not hit until 2014, that's a long time away Trendy. Don't pull a DD1 on us, or you'll get an even bigger backlash.

The new forums are a flop imo. Hard and unintuitive to navigate. A native mobile site is nice, but tapatalk is just simply better. I can't add friends, only contacts and everyone is doing a "thumb for a thumb" in order to make them look better, it's just silly. The new theme is brilliant though, although it just needs to be darker, which you said you will implement.

Don't get me wrong, just some constructive criticism. You're obviously doing something right when people who have had dormant accounts start posting again. Keep up the good work.

My ratings;

Announcement: 8/10

Forums: 7/10

:)

Did we surprise you? Did we shock you? What did you like? What didn't you like?

I was completely surprised when I heard you guys announced it. Didn't expect it at all. Really awesome to see it changing directions, for the better after seeing it at PAX! :)

Ok well.. ignoring that bot;

I felt the announcement itself was surprising! But sadly the announcement trailer wasn't my favourite trailer, but the things I did like about it was the multiple different areas we saw, plus the newer old, freshy stale heroes we saw along the way.

What I didn't like was the fact that the game seems to have a similar artstyle to the previous game but the graphics themselves seem less polished. Hopefully its simply a version of the game that doesn't have some layer of textures that makes everything shiny.

Looking forward to the future of Dungeon Defenders and if theres any new aspects to character customization.