Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

What did you think of the reveal?

I almost started dancing in science class... but you're not supposed to be on twitter :P Chris had hinted it would be at Pax, but this was crazy. I knew there was forum maintenance, but new forums and announcing your new game was awesome. I think the biggest surprise to me was that the game was DD2, and not l33t Tr3ndy g4m3 :D

I'm not shocked that it was DD2, I'm not shocked it is F2P and I like the addition of all the new heroes. I hate that we have to wait so long to play but I suppose a good buildup will only make the release of it that much sweeter. I'm happy to see you guys are trying to TKO the hackers and love the looks of the new tavern. :D

Happy 'bout the new game *fingers crossed for good RNG* but most people were used to the old forums and i personally would have preferred to stay with the old one.

Can't wait!!!! To bad it was revealed so early :p The wait is going to kill me. From what I've seen so far though, its looking good. Though 24 heroes seems like a bit much? Are they going to be the same as monk/initiate idea or will they all be completely unique?(only reveal info if your able to :))

Can't wait!!!! To bad it was revealed so early :p The wait is going to kill me. From what I've seen so far though, its looking good. Though 24 heroes seems like a bit much? Are they going to be the same as monk/initiate idea or will they all be completely unique?(only reveal info if your able to :))

My guess is they reveal like 1 a week leading up to release.

It certainly surprised me. I was kind of wondering during the stream Friday why there were so many going to PAX, but I've never been so assumed it was pretty typical. Now I'm gonna have to rush to get the map contest entry done so I can get in the beta ASAP.

I am not shocked that it is being made but did not expect to see it so soon.
i had to wait two years for the first one, this should be pretty easy,

im excited, for one cause of all the changes, things are happening, its awesome, two because this game sounds really technical but also very new to gaming in the concepts its bringing an dalot of new integrations, and for 3 hopefully it will bring the atmospher of the community up and the posts and the smiles and just more win in general :) my two cents

1st) OMG now they will definitely not fix apprentice and stuff! :-(
2nd) OMG more goodies! :-)
2+) OMG no cartoonish graphics :-(
3rd) OMG its free! :-)
3+) OMG F2P means even more money spent :-(
4th) OMG its LoL clone + pets! :-(
4+) And they delay coop-mode :-(

Anyway. I just hope that Trendy will not drop supporting DD1 for some time at least...

I believed it would be DD2 but I didn't expect a new website. We are FAR out from the release so I hope I get into the BETA. I have nothing but time now.

I believed it would be DD2 but I didn't expect a new website. We are FAR out from the release so I hope I get into the BETA. I have nothing but time now.

Good luck on your sign up.

This is why we can't have good things. Waiting is bad :( I wish game developers would announce their games one week before they come out :P And they said they will be accepting more and more people into the beta as time goes on, so fingers crossed, I get in :D

I was very surprised cause I thought you guys were working on a totally different game and it brightened me up on a bad day when I saw the news! And I loved how its gonna be a F2P game to cause from what Ive read, it seems your heading in a good direction to balance it out! I thought the trailer video was pretty funny! Like others Im disappointed we have to wait so long for the actual sequel mode to DD but Im willing to give the new mode a try. I also hope I will get a beta soon as I will tear it up and provide good feedback!

The news that its F2P did shock me more than the news itself, but lets wait and see maybe Trendy surprises me and its the first F2P I like.

What happened to the graphics? On the first look it seems like a step down more like a cell shading game, but hey I liked Wind Waker too.

When I first heard about it I jumped out of my seat and did a little jig. I then proceeded to enjoy reading all of the amazing ideas you guys are implementing. And yes, you most definitely did surprise me.

Shocked aswell!
I just feel a little bit worried about all the heroes and stuff, I never bought any DLC on the PS3, but I did bought the "Complete Package" on steam... so...

As long as you release a "Complete DLC" or something like that, I WILL HIBERNATE!

BTW... We KNOW the first 8 heroes...

Im really exited about it
but i have my doubts about the new competitive multiplayer
if i want to play LoL id play LoL i play DD for a reason and PVP isnt it

it has my interest peaked. i just hope that the game will play a little smarter than throwing a million and 2 enemies that dont matter at you coupled with 30 the are designed to utterly destroy you (read: please no djinn and goblin copters... :( ).

i was a little surprised when i logged on to the forums today and saw the redirect link. i really like how the new graphics look in the pictures that appear to be the cooperative mode, but i am worried how well my system will handle them. the free to play aspect makes me happy also, because where most people see it as unnecessary microtransactions, i see it as being able to pick and choose to only pay for the content i actually want. ill definitely be buying a bunch of the heroes as soon as i can, particularly summoner, ev, monk, apprentice, huntress, and countess.

that said, i really enjoy dungeon defenders, but the walls you hit in fun and progression have killed my desire to play the game anymore. im hoping the numerous conversations that were had on the forums about these issues are heavily considered by trendy to provide a much higher quality product, as they have clearly shown through updates to dungeon defenders that they are capable of (i still feel that a large portion of the problems with dungeon defenders was that it was never designed to cope with the growth that it experienced).

i wont be near my computer friday so im really hoping the gameplay teaser is stored somewhere readily accessible. and i guess ill be keeping my fingers crossed for beta access :D

I was pretty surprised. Went to the twitter page to find out about server downtime and discovered DD2 had been announced. It made my day!

I'll be honest with you all, when I was told about the DD2 announcement I didn't believe it, simply because I'd been talking about what I would do if I were to try and make a sequel myself. I fell back on the idea of telling the story of what the parent heroes were doing while they were off in this "far away place".

Little did I know a week later here comes the DD2 announcement, and even though it was the adult heroes, our little tykes did grow up so it made me a bit happy on the inside to see that time transition. Also, once I went to the site and watched the trailer, I got a bit over excited and needed a change of trousers. :P

I figured it was going to be either some sort of MOBA or Diablo clone, so this fits pretty close with my expectations. Really curious to see how the MOBA aspect will fit in with the tower defense aspect.