Sign in to follow this  
AzureNinja99

Will DDII be on steam?

well, you could of course run it from steam using the steam library, i think theire using playverse to be able to control disconnects and stuff better themselves thougyh, knowing how annoying it has been for us in DD1.

even if its on steam you dont have to use the steammatchmaking. its just a service they provide. along with many other services.

and since steam has no many f2p games, i dont see a problem with dd2 coming to steam. and there are also other games who requires you to run another thing.

I don't think that Playverse is necessarily competing with steam. Like a lot of Steam games, you need to make an account on another network to play it. But it is still on Steam. Any forum moderators wanna chime in? We really want to know!

We'll be talking to Valve at GDC about getting Dungeon Defenders II on Steam. We've already spoken briefly and it's something we both (and of course, you all) want :).

Thank you! :D

I'd really love to have all my games in one area! <3

I don't think that Playverse is necessarily competing with steam. Like a lot of Steam games, you need to make an account on another network to play it. But it is still on Steam. Any forum moderators wanna chime in? We really want to know!

That's true. Maplestory and Vindictus are on steam, and both require you to have a Nexon account (passport I think they're calling it?).

We'll be talking to Valve at GDC about getting Dungeon Defenders II on Steam. We've already spoken briefly and it's something we both (and of course, you all) want :).

ah! much relief is to be had. hopefully all goes well then.

That's true. Maplestory and Vindictus are on steam, and both require you to have a Nexon account (passport I think they're calling it?).

and Warframe, and Blacklight: Retribution, soon to be War Thunder, Star Conflict, the list goes on. i'm sure we can all think of a few F2P games on Steam that are like this ;)

Awesome!!

DD2 on Steam is a must!

Why?

The difficulty in convincing my friends in trying/buying DD2 almost becomes an impossible task to accomplish if it's not on the PC platform known as Steam. They all hang out on Steam. Its become the gaming equivalent of a social network. Steam is now the norm for trying out new PC games.

The more hurdles you throw at the user, the less likely I'll be able to convince my friends to try DD2.

Lots of games on Steam contains different launchers and extra DRM. I don't really like it when a game ships with extra lameness like UPlay titles on Steam or the extra launcher to download the Defiance game.
I think Dungeon Defenders II will likely hit Steam so TrendyEnt can reach a bigger audience while keeping it crossplatform with the rest by utilizing PlayVerse.
Imagine a PC player playing off Steam, a Mac user who got it from the App Store and throw in some tablet users with Android, iOS or even Windows 8 RT. Gonna be awesome if they can pull it off.

Lots of games on Steam contains different launchers and extra DRM. I don't really like it when a game ships with extra lameness like UPlay titles on Steam or the extra launcher to download the Defiance game.
I think Dungeon Defenders II will likely hit Steam so TrendyEnt can reach a bigger audience while keeping it crossplatform with the rest by utilizing PlayVerse.
Imagine a PC player playing off Steam, a Mac user who got it from the App Store and throw in some tablet users with Android, iOS or even Windows 8 RT. Gonna be awesome if they can pull it off.

Mac's can use Steam...

I'm interested to see how you can join your friends' games. At the moment it's so easy to quickly join a friend's game, or to join in wherever they're playing. Just shift-tab, find the friend and use the "join game" feature in steam. It's wonderful. :)

I'm interested to see how you can join your friends' games. At the moment it's so easy to quickly join a friend's game, or to join in wherever they're playing. Just shift-tab, find the friend and use the "join game" feature in steam. It's wonderful. :)

Maybe you're not allowed to have friends in DD2 O.o

You can have systems chained together. I have assassin's creed on steam, and what happens is steam loads uplay, which then loads assassin's creed. They could have a similar setup with playverse. Without really knowing what playverse is or how it works, though, we can just hope that it does everything we want. If it's not runnable through steam, I just want a desktop icon I can run and ill be fine.