Will DDII be on steam?

We'll be talking to Valve at GDC about getting Dungeon Defenders II on Steam. We've already spoken briefly and it's something we both (and of course, you all) want :).

YAY! Also, I find it funny that the big boss only has 2 posts :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the response pmasher! You have put me and many others at ease. Good luck with your communications with valve and keep up the excellent work!

We'll be talking to Valve at GDC about getting Dungeon Defenders II on Steam. We've already spoken briefly and it's something we both (and of course, you all) want :).

This is great to hear.

I hope its on steam but if not i hope they provide a link on here to go download and not leave us in the dark. I do not know what "playverse" is so lets hope they clear all of this up.

I hope its on steam but if not i hope they provide a link on here to go download and not leave us in the dark. I do not know what "playverse" is so lets hope they clear all of this up.

The only info a quick Google Search shows that doesn't related to Video games, except for one game Dungeon Defenders 2.

The link at the top of the page asks for a beta key.

Competition is good... fragmentation is bad. I used to love the BattleField series for example, but the fact that I must run it through Origin really kept me from playing it. I don't like to have origin (and 30 other programs) run in the background if I'm not using them... so if I want a quick game of BF3 when the mood strikes, I often have to do stupid updates and a ton of other crap before I can play, so I don't even bother trying to play. Also, it's a big PITA to have to deal with the fragmented friend lists between steam vs origin and I have to manually contact steam friends and say "Do you play BF3, if so what is your origin?" gahahalksdjlfjsadlfjk;

The possibility of DD2 being on steam made me happy. :)
Of course, no promises can be made as long as it is not official but it sounds quite optimistic to me. :)

yeah steam is the way to go, as another said. no need to reinvent the wheel. when we already have it the way we like it.

I'm open for not using Steam. I don't mind authenticating to Steam, but when a Steam connection occurs and I'm kicked out of my hosted game because it can't talk to Steam anymore is beyond frustrating. I would think that once I'm on "Trendynet" that would be sufficient, to keep the game running, but tis not the case.

Whether steam, playverse, direct download, of a fifteen mile hike through treacherous Amazonian Jungle with a 200 pound monkey on my back, I will find this game upon release and play it until I explode from a fun overload.

My main concern is that if the game is not on steam will the memory and content from DD1(that as far as I know of is mainly stored on our steam account) carry over to our account on DD2? I mean, I have put hundreds of hours into the game and would not like to see them just disappear. :-(

My main concern is that if the game is not on steam will the memory and content from DD1(that as far as I know of is mainly stored on our steam account) carry over to our account on DD2? I mean, I have put hundreds of hours into the game and would not like to see them just disappear. :-(

If they carry over gear from DD1 to DD2, they will have millions of screaming children yelling at them. You can still play DD1, but DD2 will have different items, and it would take a crapton of extra time to do it, along with making people who just started playing DD2 feel like they are months behind everyone else.

Within two years there's going to be more platforms on my computer than games at this rate. Steam, Origin, Uplay and now this. If it's not on Steam I can't be bothered getting it. I don't need another platform.
Yeah, lmfaoo totally agree with you. Would really like it on Steam though, would just be more 'convenient' that way IMO.

Trendy is making a HUGE mistake by using "Playverse" I all ready have steam and origin and now they are going to make us get another one of those things. I can't believe they would do that. Probably the only reason so many people know about this is because of steam. I have never heard of playverse. Steam is just easier for everyone. Please Trendy don't do this it's a very very bad idea. Just my personal opinion.

Trendy is making a HUGE mistake by using "Playverse" I all ready have steam and origin and now they are going to make us get another one of those things. I can't believe they would do that. Probably the only reason so many people know about this is because of steam. I have never heard of playverse. Steam is just easier for everyone. Please Trendy don't do this it's a very very bad idea. Just my personal opinion.

I'm 99% sure playverse is a browser thing, while DD is an application downloaded from the browser. http://playverse.com/

Hmm, I see your point, guess I should look into on what DD2 would be like since I have not seen any news or concrete visuals on what the game play will be;was assuming that it would be like DD1 but with a lot more content.

Hmm, I see your point, guess I should look into on what DD2 would be like since I have not seen any news or concrete visuals on what the game play will be;was assuming that it would be like DD1 but with a lot more content.

Well, the first people who maybe able to allowed to comment on actual Gameplay will be at PAX.

Before everyone goes on about how good steam was, how about all them random DC's caused by steam? I'm glad they have jumped away from it. You can allways add the game to you'r steam library and people will see you are online and you can have the ingame steam panel.

Before everyone goes on about how good steam was, how about all them random DC's caused by steam? I'm glad they have jumped away from it. You can allways add the game to you'r steam library and people will see you are online and you can have the ingame steam panel.

True, IMO the only reason I'd like it on Steam is because of the achievements/tracked hours. Not really important but it's those little things that can make a difference to a gamer's pysche. But we'll just have to wait and find out until then.

True, IMO the only reason I'd like it on Steam is because of the achievements/tracked hours. Not really important but it's those little things that can make a difference to a gamer's pysche. But we'll just have to wait and find out until then.

Thats a valid statement. BUT if you played DD early when survival runs were literaly 2-4 hours long, and then get a DC. You would allmost uinstall the game.

I'm sure they will have achievements with Playverse, it was such a big thing about DD1 and I don't think they will abandon it.

Steam was only partly the issue in regards to the constant disconnections. Did you ever wonder why DD was the only game it happened in? DD doesn't have any sort of way to lose a connection then reconnect in a few moments. Therefore unlike other games which would just keep going after a little bit, DD would end the game.

Thats a valid statement. BUT if you played DD early when survival runs were literaly 2-4 hours long, and then get a DC. You would allmost uinstall the game.

I'm sure they will have achievements with Playverse, it was such a big thing about DD1 and I don't think they will abandon it.

poor you who played "early" with 2-4 hour long survivals xD

i remember before nightmare when it was 30-50 hours where you begged every hour online to not get a disconnect. Getting a giraffe back then would equal getting 50 cubes now :P

(sorry had to comment, seeing as i found it fun how you found that little time long ^^ )

I hope it comes on steam, you launch it on steam and it opens Playverse. That would still be better than no steam at all!