Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Hudduh

DD2 going to have normal Solo Play like in DD1?

I'm just wondering if all maps will require the 24 players in the standard Tower Defense mode, or if it will still be possible to solo.

I'm just wondering if all maps will require the 24 players in the standard Tower Defense mode, or if it will still be possible to solo.

I think it'll be the same mechanic as dd1, but with more variety. At least I hope its like that, having to use even 8 heroes would be insane, whereas 24 would be unfeasible.

Ya, it'll be interesting to see how they balance 24 heros such that none of them are overpowered/essential and none are basically wasted. On the bright side if they do a good job of it it'll make a wonderful game.

I'm also worried about how memory intensive it would be. I don't have a high-end computer and I am not planning to upgrade any time soon. (College student budget) I just hope that along with the game mechanics being all balanced and comprehensible, the game would be able to run on my Macbook Pro in the first place.

Macbook Pro 13" Early 2011 (Windows 7 Bootcamp) isn't the best gaming computer, ya know ;P

I wouldn't mind if they make maps scale up to 24 players and still be difficult, but I also like to solo a lot of content. That's my concern. If they force players to group up to get through anything it will lose it's fun.

I think it'll be the same mechanic as dd1, but with more variety. At least I hope its like that, having to use even 8 heroes would be insane, whereas 24 would be unfeasible.

Ya, it'll be interesting to see how they balance 24 heros such that none of them are overpowered/essential and none are basically wasted. On the bright side if they do a good job of it it'll make a wonderful game.

What I hope to see is a lot more options. Not really a meta "You need Summoner, EV, Auras." but a "You can use this one, or that one, or those ones, or this, or that, just be creative and come up with awesome solutions!" And I believe they can give us that with that ammount of heroes :D
I liked before nightmare when we didn't really need to use summoners, evs and auras to win, and could make interesting defenses with 1 or 2 heroes.

I wouldn't mind if they make maps scale up to 24 players and still be difficult, but I also like to solo a lot of content. That's my concern. If they force players to group up to get through anything it will lose it's fun.

I think Town hubs may the only mode to have the 24 Character limit. Most MOBA run 5v5 to that would be 10 on the PVP. And in the PVE/DD1 Style, there are only 4 characters on the map.

I think Town hubs may the only mode to have the 24 Character limit. Most MOBA run 5v5 to that would be 10 on the PVP. And in the PVE/DD1 Style, there are only 4 characters on the map.

I noted that later, but they haven't announced how many characters they are planning for PVE yet. I would assume it will stay with the usual ~4-8, with soloing ability as well.

what it sounds like to me is there will be the little central town hub or whatever it is and it will act as a meeting ground, and from there you can pick probably up to 4 people (maybe 6) to join into a group and from there you will set out on your own instanced map. it works better that way because it makes a lobby where people can sit around and join up for fun.

[c3;838349']what it sounds like to me is there will be the little central town hub or whatever it is and it will act as a meeting ground, and from there you can pick probably up to 4 people (maybe 6) to join into a group and from there you will set out on your own instanced map. it works better that way because it makes a lobby where people can sit around and join up for fun.

Yeah. After reading through everything again, that's what it seems like. I wonder if they're still going to incorporate a tavern of some sort into the game again though.

are pets making a return? will there be character customization? or will that be the catch of f2p? those things will cost?

are pets making a return? will there be character customization? or will that be the catch of f2p? those things will cost?

There will be pets and they have stated everything can be unlocked just through playing the game. Here are some quotes:
First from the FAQ asking if things transfer between competitive and cooperative
[QUOTE]Yes! The heroes, gear, weapons, pets, currency and achievements you unlock in the competitive mode will carry over into the cooperative mode. We’ll announce more on this in the future.[/QUOTE]
I can't seem to find where I heard about unlocking heroes through playing though...Found it. Talking about currency:
[QUOTE]At the current stage of development, there is a single in-game currency that you can earn or purchase to buy items and heroes in game.[/QUOTE]
Also, customization and heroes are the things that will be in the store. Not sure if they will be available in other ways (I'm talking about via achievements) besides the earning of currency and such:
[QUOTE]Heroes and cosmetics, not stat boosting items, will be for sale.[/QUOTE]