Resume game feature

I think that this is the most important feature needed for DD2. So many survival games were lost and time wasted because a 1 second drop from trendy or steam happened. Either a resume game feature needs to be added or a grace period before losing all progress.

With the new system (aka not using steam) I would assume it would be less of a problem.

With the new system (aka not using steam) I would assume it would be less of a problem.

Hopefully. I hate getting disconnected from Steam for a nanosecond, getting dropped from doing something important.

Or what about those late-night survivals when all of a sudden, your eyeballs start to dry up and you realize you have to be awake in 3 hours? It'd be nice to save the game to start the next day.

Wasn't just steam though, trendy servers have any kind of issue and hours just went down the drain.

Wasn't just steam though, trendy servers have any kind of issue and hours just went down the drain.

Difference between steam and Trendy servers. Steam almost never announced. Trendy gave at least 12 hours notice and rarely happened

Difference between steam and Trendy servers. Steam almost never announced. Trendy gave at least 12 hours notice and rarely happened

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=34165759

Actually Steam does post when they are gonna be running maint., etc on their servers.

Also, one of the big things I kept picking up on from the announcement was that Trendy wanted to expand the number of players that have access to the game (part of the reason they made DD2 a F2P) and Steam is hands down the biggest game distributing platform period.

Wouldnt be very smart to try to bring more and more new people in while going away from the biggest platform (that works on PC, Mac and Linux btw) there is.

We will have to see how Trendy plays its cards but it just doesnt seem logical to me to shy away from a service that has hundreds of millions registered users which can potentially be a DD2 player/customer.

EDIT: Totally missed xPi's post. :)

While not being connected to a digital distributor means less problems with server maintenance, i love Steam. i'll be dissapointed if DD2 won't be on Steam, it has a lot of great functionality i want for all my games. simply being able to save should prove enough grace to combat connection interruptions. i don't feel there is the need to totally avoid Steam.

i should note that until Dungeon Defenders was brought to Steam, its' playerbase was not even close to what it is now that it is on Steam. suffice to say, having a game on Steam gives it a lot of publicity and people WILL find it and share it with their friends.

Dungeon Defenders 2 will thrive fine without Steam though, so we'll see where things go. as long as TE doesn't even think about using Gamespy again, i think we're good, haha.

• 3 weeks later...