Sign in to follow this  
Towlie

So umm, this happened to me..

I was in my AFK shop trying to sell some sup and ult armor I had and I get these two individuals.
One enquires about my pieces and I replied that for the sups I charge a mk2-cube and for the ults 1-3 cubes. All depending on the piece.
And he gives me this funny look and thinks im WAY overcharging. So I'm all like whatever. And then his friend bring up something.. (bottom red box)

Random people are funny. I once had someone tell me a cube was worth a couple of sup sets and good Ult caps at least two stats.

I've had some1 tell me a cube was worth 30b lol.. to bad they didn't have 1 XD.

If they had one and you bought it from them you would have lost so much respect :O
When I got my cube I was told they were worth 12b and sold it for a bad prop cat and 7b..

Had a guy come to my shop today, told me he was unfamiliar with prices. I sort of lawled at him, because he was wearing a full ult set (you know the type - 400/400/600/300 on each piece) and didn't know values when he told me he paid for it by buying someone a steam game. Oh, the joys of the DD economy.

I also had some guy balk at me when I told him that my trans genie I was floor selling (had around 20k collection but 420+ in hero hp/dmg/cast) was 5b. There's a reason I auction off my stuff way more often than I sell in-game; too many newbs, too little time.

If they had one and you bought it from them you would have lost so much respect :O
When I got my cube I was told they were worth 12b and sold it for a bad prop cat and 7b..

I sold my first mk2 for 350m in an afk shop... I was annoyed as I couldn't sell it to tavern keeper.

To be fair, while a big portion of the game's economy revolves around the forums and what we value items at, there are possibly other groups of people out there trading items at different values. It all comes down to what people are willing to pay.

To be fair, while a big portion of the game's economy revolves around the forums and what we value items at, there are possibly other groups of people out there trading items at different values. It all comes down to what people are willing to pay.

While this is true, this coming from people who are buying hacked sets for one cube and 1 coal

I get around 10 people per floor-sale / day that want to buy mk2-value santa accs off the floor for 2b-5b
and people that want to buy weapons cube-value and above for 20b
I don't even argue with them anymore. I tell them those are the prices and kick them.

I get around 10 people per floor-sale / day that want to buy mk2-value santa accs off the floor for 2b-5b
and people that want to buy weapons cube-value and above for 20b
I don't even argue with them anymore. I tell them those are the prices and kick them.

Kicking them is a bit rude don't you think?
Either way, I just tell them that they're welcome to leave if they dont like my prices

Nah, kicking people who are new and don't feel like being keen is something only the pros on the forum can do and get away with it without looking upstage and rude. And again, gotta love these kinds of threads, always making fun of the "noobs". IIRC a thread got deleted, and it was about the same thing, regarding to the forum rules.

":D".

Nah, kicking people who are new and don't feel like being keen is something only the pros on the forum can do and get away with it without looking upstage and rude. And again, gotta love these kinds of threads, always making fun of the "noobs". IIRC a thread got deleted, and it was about the same thing, regarding to the forum rules.

":D".

I believe your mistinterpreting the point of this thread. No where am I making fun of anyone, simply showing someone who bought an ult set for cube and coal(which I can almost guarunteed is hacked) believes that because I'm a 'legit' trader my prices are too high and out of touch with the current rates.

This is not violating any forum rules :)

I see mk2 level WW/Temple o' Love accs in AFKs pretty often these days. Like, 150-200 in hero stats with 100^s for 500m.

What if the people in game telling us we are overcharging are actually the pros and us on the forums are actually the noobs on pricing? Your mind just got blown.

What if the people in game telling us we are overcharging are actually the pros and us on the forums are actually the noobs on pricing? Your mind just got blown.

The people in-game are the majority. IMO, if you are too lazy to auction it or know that you won't get much because all the 1337 players on here have better gear, you better take what you can get for it in game and like it.

I've noticed a pretty steady decline in my AFK shop account and I was talking to a friend about the fact that I'm pretty sure it's directly due to fewer and fewer new players sticking around. If DD stops picking up new players but the rest of us keep farming, we're going to get to the point where everyone has a 215 boost prop cat, on their barb in an ult set, with their two 160k steam saws, etc. Nothing will be an improvement and no one will want to buy anything because they'll have better.

I also think that's a factor in the recent explosion of cubes on the forum auctions, hackers aside. I find very few things on here that are better than what I have; when I do see something, I'm liable to grossly overbid for it in the hopes of that small improvement. Oh, well. The DD economy. *sigh*

The people in-game are the majority. IMO, if you are too lazy to auction it or know that you won't get much because all the 1337 players on here have better gear, you better take what you can get for it in game and like it.

I've noticed a pretty steady decline in my AFK shop account and I was talking to a friend about the fact that I'm pretty sure it's directly due to fewer and fewer new players sticking around. If DD stops picking up new players but the rest of us keep farming, we're going to get to the point where everyone has a 215 boost prop cat, on their barb in an ult set, with their two 160k steam saws, etc. Nothing will be an improvement and no one will want to buy anything because they'll have better.

I also think that's a factor in the recent explosion of cubes on the forum auctions, hackers aside. I find very few things on here that are better than what I have; when I do see something, I'm liable to grossly overbid for it in the hopes of that small improvement. Oh, well. The DD economy. *sigh*

This post.. is just so depressing.. :(

This post.. is just so depressing.. :(

Yeah. I know. :\ I think we are coming to that point, though. Have any of you guys noticed that? Fewer and fewer myth wearing players? Lower levels? I'd say half of the shoppers I get are level 100s (and a quarter of them are in hacked ult sets) and a fair percentage are naked level 0s with limitless mana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I know. :\ I think we are coming to that point, though. Have any of you guys noticed that? Fewer and fewer myth wearing players? Lower levels? I'd say half of the shoppers I get are level 100s (and a quarter of them are in hacked ult sets) and a fair percentage are naked level 0s with limitless mana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This game is clearly dieing. There's no doubting that. It's just so.. sad :(

the intrinsic nature of made up values. an item is worth as much as someone is going to give you for it, and what they are willing to give its greatly influence by how difficult it was for them to come by.

I'd say event items is one of the reasons why theres less people coming into shops. Most people playing this game can't really get hold of PKs & coal so multiple MK2s & cubes is almost impossible. Sellers give mana so little value that only those with the currency 'items' can buy most upgrades and those are generally people on the forums anyway.

Kicking them is a bit rude don't you think?
Either way, I just tell them that they're welcome to leave if they dont like my prices

there are generally SIX OR MORE other people in the shop, all of which I usually have to attend to. I can't be bothered to not kick them and have them disturb others and possibly lose a sale. I don't profit = I don't care.

as for the rest of the discussion. Nowadays I usually sell one out of four of the mk2value santaccs for mana. generally 60 to 70b. I use that mana to up a few other accs which are sold via floor or mana again. It's a lasting process of profit. And tbh, nowadays I don't even care if they pay with hacked coal or mana ( as long as it's not obvious based on their gear. If I have no evidence to report, they can pay with whatever they want )
I make a profit = I'm happy.

The problem is most things ARE over priced. Time is money, sure, but this game is still in-game currency and only used for trading/upgrading. You either have greedy people or people who try to turn a profit in their own favor.

Prices on decent items has continually gone up over time due to people having more "specialty" items rather than gone down, as more of those items started existing. I've been playing this game since almost release and it's really not that hard to sell things for cheaper. People just choose to try to get more and more.

The economy of this game has been ruined by forcing people into using work-arounds for trading and storing currency. It's been terrible handled for a long time. I'd rather seen things like Cubes and Mk2's un-tradable from the get-go.

Dungeon Defenders has stat inflation just as bad as it got currency/economy inflation. Both poorly handled with bad foresight on the issues. Just look at how Godly gear went from pre-Shards to now. What was it like 800%+ increases on all fronts? Lol.