So Calling People Out is Bad, What About This

How about, if we know a particular item to be duped, we create a pictures archive of well known duped weapons and armor?

Just post a picture of proof that it's a dupe and I think that would really help ppl out when trading. Especially with armor.

We could even post suspected dupes and see if anyone else has the same item!?
What you guys and gals think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this idea! It seems like one of the most legit ideas. Event items should not be included though...

Would it be separated into simple categories?

-Weapons-
-Armor-
-Pets-

Or would it be deeper categories?

SQUIRE
-Weapons-
-Pets-

APPRENTICE
-Weapons-
-Pets-

HUNTRESS
-Weapons-
-Pets-

MONK
-Weapons-
-Pets-

ARMOR
-Clean-
-Dirty-

It could be right here. I could make another topic with 2 Categories. Suspected dupes as one and confirmed dupes as another.

Then within those I suppose I could separate armor and,weapons, maybe by class.

All you'd have to do is,post a picture of a suspected dupe.Than if somebody posts a picture of a copy it'd move to confirmed dupe. Or if you post a video of you making one disappear or standing over it with no stats shown it could go to automatic confirmed dupe. Then maybe if something is suspect it could be removed after say two Weeks if no copies are shown.

Obviously this would be much easier for a mod to manage but I think I could pull it if there is,enough support and,of course moderator or trendy blessings

Damn you kiss, always exactly 6 months ahead of me,lol.

But yea that's why I think it'd be best if a mod ran the thread. Ppl were posting names there. Hopefully we have learned our lessons and would only post pictures and videos.

Maybe it could even be a locked thread where nobody can post but I could still edit the original post with info that is pm messaged to me.
Hopefully Tito will be more understanding than classic

I'd like to lend my support to this idea. I think that it's entirely appropriate for Trendy to support this. If kiss or mcwolves would be willing to PM Hit and Laura and get an official yea or nay, I would be interested in participating in any further discussion about it if I can help. I think that the mods would be perfectly willing to help maintain a thread with/for us if josh & Laura supported it. Of course the possibility for the identification of false positives would exist, and the mods are already busy; I do understand.

But this is an important topic and one that significant progress could be made if only we were provided with a mechanism. If its too burdensome on existing mods, Trendy could always appoint another mod, perhaps even exclusively for this purpose. I'm sure at least 10 really good people would be happy to do it, and could do it very well.

Interesting subject but surely could be open for abuse. It won't stop the duping and am sure it won't stop people accepting the duped items. Especially if they can back up there saves.

Interesting subject but surely could be open for abuse. It won't stop the duping and am sure it won't stop people accepting the duped items. Especially if they can back up there saves.

I don't disagree. But I think the goal isn't to stop duping as much as it is to protect innocent people from being duped. In the end, it's each individual's decision. But what bothers most of us the most is that people trade in good faith with malicious dupers and get scammed. Providing them a place they can go to check would help.

So if this list were to be made, would be in this post or should there be another one made for it? I'm very intressted in this disscusion.

Damn you kiss, always exactly 6 months ahead of me,lol.

lol their are a load of ideas that would work, personally i think the biggest duping problem is event stuff because of their limited numbers and they can't be farmed, the most simplest solution would have been to make then the same as the play station plus DLC pets (like the cowboy monkey) that you cant drop, sell or trade.

I understand trendy is a business and their purpose it to make money but why have none of the team come up with the idea of event pets dlc? how many of you would be prepared to pay for a DLC that had every event item in it? and worked the same as the plus dlc so you couldn't accidentally sell it or lose them if you got corruptions?

I think the purchases of a DLC like that would be more than all the other DLC's combined

The idea of a compiled thread detailing duplicated items isn't going to happen. Including the Forged By name is identical to calling out somebody. You all should know that is against the Rules here, so it is self explanatory.

Well don't include that then easy fix. I mean it'd be helpful but the stats and item name should be enough.

Though I can't see how showing to items that are clearly the same item is,calling somebody out

Some people name their items like 'switchblades wand' or whatever etc etc. Have to leave them out. Most you could do is list stats.

The idea of a compiled thread detailing duplicated items isn't going to happen. Including the Forged By name is identical to calling out somebody. You all should know that is against the Rules here, so it is self explanatory.

for those weapons we would just be able to post the stats and the upgrade amount, which wouldnt break any rules. is that the only reason you think this wouldnt happen?

I'd love any freshly farmed nice weapon to be posted. Any oculus or rod over 200^, soul focuser over ???, etc...

Be a starting point if that weapon gets in the wrong hands. Especially if they say "I farmed it myself".

DD network is vast and we'd only be a small portion, but it's better than nothing.

First of all, for the name calling that Iyashii brought up, we could use windows art/photoshop to cross that out, or we could just post stats alone. Since so many people want to help, there should probably be a group made for this. Just throwing in ideas...