Help with a dumb question.

Not a dumb question, but it would be best to rephrase it a little.
It will run on any compatible hardware, as to whether it will run well is a different question.
Generally laptops are much less powerful when compared to a desktop, but we'd need your specific hardware specifications to determine how well it may run on your laptop.

Not a dumb question, but it would be best to rephrase it a little.
It will run on any compatible hardware, as to whether it will run well is a different question.
Generally laptops are much less powerful when compared to a desktop, but we'd need your specific hardware specifications to determine how well it may run on your laptop.

That pretty much sums it up however there is also a FREE demo available on Steam you can Try it .

The space won't matter much for gaming, the processor will though. You want a dedicated graphics card as well in that laptop or else you're going to have some definite issues. I still wouldn't expect that smooth of gameplay using a laptop, I know from experience. :D

Well most desktops of good quality are slightly out of my price range. Only being able to spend 300 to 400 pound kind of limits me.
If you have any ideas on where to get a semi decent desk top at this price range it would appreciated :)

This may sound a little daunting, if not scary, but you should research into building your own desktop. With 300-400 pound you could build a desktop that could outperform a laptop that costs 700-800 pound. Look at overclockers.co.uk, they have some prebuilt systems that are in a good price range and geared towards gaming. I'd still suggest building one, but if you're unfamiliar with computers it can be a very time-consuming thing.

Thanks :). Your right i dont know much about computers at all so decided to check the site. Palicomp have a desktop and screen in my price range.
Out of curiosity would these specs be better than a laptop?
Intel celeron G530 2.4ghz
4GB Memory 500GB Hard drive
Intel HD Graphics
Asus branded motherboard

I would have to recommend a video card instead of the 'on the motherboard' graphics. The intel or amd motherboard graphics really isn't much for gaming. Though I will give a nod to amd and their A series as being better than most.

The cheapest gaming PC will be based on an amd CPU. If it is for gaming only the dual core with a high clock will be a good bet if money is tight (as it is for most people).