Sign in to follow this  
grass-assassin

Stop the dupers opinions poll

^That's actually a really good idea. Instead of making a DB of the bad people, make one of the good people. It may restrict our trading somewhat, but it will be more sound than a DB of dupers. And pRo-iamKiLLa, I guess so. But we can at least notify them excessively, or get Hitmonchan to do something. After all, this problem affects everybody here, including TE.

Making it free on ps+ was their business decision. And anyways, how would it being free on ps+ (which you have to pay for anyways) bring more dupers into play?

I would love to answer that but I don't want to be responsible for anyone learning how to do it

I have PS+ and am in no way or am I in any way capable not interested in duping, everything I have traded has been farmed by me, but I have had a Skittles go poof, and yeah sucks, but everyone has to remember that this is a GAME, if you are going to trade be prepared to have it gone. I know the guy I traded with and told him No Problem, but that is just me.
Making it free on PS+ has opened the game up to a whole new group of defenders(including myself) so it has in turn also opened up a ton of new farmers, and in turn should bring more legit trades to the group with top notch trades available.
This is a post I started in the discussion section http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?97387-Trade-rating

I think each of us who'd like to participate could add the people with whom we've traded legitimately to our sigs. Not calling anyone out, but reinforcing the positive. Someone here does that already and also has "awaiting refund from xyz" in the sig. There is nothing in forum rules to prevent such a thing and I think it's a great idea.

Edit: did it... Honestly a bit harder to find where to do it than one might think, but I found it. :)

Grass, you seem to be trading a lot. How many of those items did you not farm yourself? Saw some the other day.

Now when those items disappear on the person you traded them to, he/she will add your name to your suggested "duper" web page.

Don't trade to turn around and trade that item to someone else.
98 percent of what i have i farm myself i have stopped aquiring things from ppl not on forums and on friends list since my 185 rod went poof lol if anyones stuff went bye bye id jus giveem there stuff back

There are cheaters in every mp game I've ever played, ps+ or not, and I have played a LOT. It'll never change. Release a patch, cracked, release a patch, cracked. It's a never ending battle. This is why I signed up for the forums to trade. I never trade what was traded to me, and I farm everything else I own the honest way.
A list will never solve the problem, you live and you learn. Quit trading with so many people and spend that time farming.

The good points that have been made here should be followed.

1. If you are going to make a list, make a list of legit traders rather than dupers. It is far too easy for a duper list to be corrupt, same thing with a legit list though too. It would all end up with giving the person who maintains that list your trust. I am not prepared to do that.

2. If you MUST trade, do it with smarts. Ask questions about where the item came from, etc. Always double check on those "ultra high upgrade" items... and be wary of them. Know and understand that a new forum member cannot have possibly earned an event item in a trendy event. And as has already been said, if the trade looks too good to be true, it probably is.

The community rules regarding trades should be followed, and remember that all trades are "at your own risk". This puts any burden back on the trading parties. There are many things offered here that I simply refuse to bid on, not because I have nothing to trade for the item, but because I do not trust the origin of the item offered.

Before a moderator can do anything at all about problems, there must be ABSOLUTE proof that the person who traded you the item WAS indeed THE DUPER him/herself. That is very difficult to prove. This has been discussed many times on these boards and the only way to protect yourself is to be a responsible trader. (this goes back to asking questions)... sure there are people who will lie about an item, but there are also people who lie about an item popping (or getting "hacked"). So, in that case, who does one believe?

I don't trade with people that I know ACCEPT duped items either. They may not dupe, but they don't care enough to be relatively sure that they dont posess any either. Some people aren't as stringent as I am on the subject, but this is the only way I can be sure that my toons specifically do not carry or use dupes at all.

and

3. Stop trading so much. Start farming your own gear. Dont keep trying to trade for that "monster" gear. Use what you have till you earn it. The less you trade, the less you get burned.

Grass, you seem to be trading a lot. How many of those items did you not farm yourself? Saw some the other day.

Now when those items disappear on the person you traded them to, he/she will add your name to your suggested "duper" web page.

Don't trade to turn around and trade that item to someone else.

And this... sure, you could offer to return a person's item if what you gave them pops, but see... in my case, I would remember nothing but that you traded off an item that you did not know the origin of. It would immediately cause me to never trade with you again.

Double eged sword..... As a responsible trader 0% of what you offer should be questionable. Even 2% is not acceptable to me.

I think each of us who'd like to participate could add the people with whom we've traded legitimately to our sigs. Not calling anyone out, but reinforcing the positive. Someone here does that already and also has "awaiting refund from xyz" in the sig. There is nothing in forum rules to prevent such a thing and I think it's a great idea.

Edit: did it... Honestly a bit harder to find where to do it than one might think, but I found it. :)

Love this idea!!!

The only good I see in this thread is the signature idea. The rest is just trash. Who would host the legit trader/duper list? How would it be managed? That one host would have a lot of death threats... heh. Back to the signature idea... It's not a bad thing, but it doesn't really help a newbie who's never been in the community much. My advice is make friends. That's right, just look for people on the forums and play with them one night and speak to each other. I mean let's face it, you can generally tell if someone is a pixel-hungry ******* or a legit player just by speaking to them and see how they act. Also, keep track of the "Discussion" and the "Trading and Grouping" sections of the forums. There, if you use a bit of that brain you have, you should be able to tell who is actually a legit player.

None of these methods are flawless, but they pretty much guarantee a good time, meeting new people and making new friends.

If none of the above suits you, I do have a flawless method of never, EVER having a duped item... That method is....... *drum roll*..... Don't trade.

The only good I see in this thread is the signature idea. The rest is just trash. Who would host the legit trader/duper list? How would it be managed? That one host would have a lot of death threats... heh. Back to the signature idea... It's not a bad thing, but it doesn't really help a newbie who's never been in the community much. My advice is make friends. That's right, just look for people on the forums and play with them one night and speak to each other. I mean let's face it, you can generally tell if someone is a pixel-hungry ******* or a legit player just by speaking to them and see how they act. Also, keep track of the "Discussion" and the "Trading and Grouping" sections of the forums. There, if you use a bit of that brain you have, you should be able to tell who is actually a legit player.

None of these methods are flawless, but they pretty much guarantee a good time, meeting new people and making new friends.

If none of the above suits you, I do have a flawless method of never, EVER having a duped item... That method is....... *drum roll*..... Don't trade.

Lol, are you ever gonna play again ?

Unpopular opinion alert!!

I have had a great time playing DD. the challenge of real time tower defense games is always a blast. Throw in an RPG element with gear weapons and pets and you have quite an addicting game.

Sadly tho levels are simple puzzles once you learn capable build styles. The game then immediately becomes a pursuit of awesome items to make your characters beastly. Let the endless farming begin!!

But honestly, what's the point? Your awesome upgrade items can only be used to farm the same 3-4 levels that are worth farming. Worthwhile armor drops are so rare that farming them is nearly impossible. And eventually, most good weapons get duped!!

At the end of the day we are just a bunch of losers trying to collect a bunch of meaningless high upgrade items. Most of the 'elite' defenders are just guys with taverns full of 5+ 200 weapons. Often half of them are duped. But who cares? 200+ items rarely make an elite players characters any better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about stretching my epeen as far as it will go. But trust me all of you guys who still waste your time farming. When you reach the mountaintop of DD, all you're left with is the realization of what a waste of time it all was. There is NO endgame content in DD. and the developers left us with a half finished product.

If you love the game just wait for DD2 and pray that trendy does a better job the 2nd time around

You're so right.....my eureka moment was when i was a close to getting all my guys to 90. But just like smoking for some, popeye's fried chicken(spicy of course) for me, it's addicting. I agree with everything you said, but i'll rather be addicted to this game than eating 6 pieces of popeye's everyday. you'er not telling us anything we don't already know.

Unpopular opinion alert!!

I have had a great time playing DD. the challenge of real time tower defense games is always a blast. Throw in an RPG element with gear weapons and pets and you have quite an addicting game.

Sadly tho levels are simple puzzles once you learn capable build styles. The game then immediately becomes a pursuit of awesome items to make your characters beastly. Let the endless farming begin!!

But honestly, what's the point? Your awesome upgrade items can only be used to farm the same 3-4 levels that are worth farming. Worthwhile armor drops are so rare that farming them is nearly impossible. And eventually, most good weapons get duped!!

At the end of the day we are just a bunch of losers trying to collect a bunch of meaningless high upgrade items. Most of the 'elite' defenders are just guys with taverns full of 5+ 200 weapons. Often half of them are duped. But who cares? 200+ items rarely make an elite players characters any better.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about stretching my epeen as far as it will go. But trust me all of you guys who still waste your time farming. When you reach the mountaintop of DD, all you're left with is the realization of what a waste of time it all was. There is NO endgame content in DD. and the developers left us with a half finished product.

If you love the game just wait for DD2 and pray that trendy does a better job the 2nd time around
I like the so called "elite" part lol

My hopeful version of DD2

A large world map that acts as a spreadout pVp arena. I'm talking huge. Make pVp fair with reasonable amounts of player resistance. And much more player health. Standardize projectile speed in these areas. This will even give purpose to grenade launchers!! Then we dodge bullets while duking it out over awesome terrain.

Add a magic carpet option to allow travel that avoids battle, making you unable to shoot or take damage. Disable damage given/taken for 5 seconds after dismount to avoid laming. Then spread out different dungeons/level entrances over the world map. Make all these maps worth farming.

Don't have any regular monsters in the world arena. All leveling will be through the tower defense games. On the map, set up different home points to set when you die. Then have special notorious/awesome/high level monsters that spawn every few hours (or longer for the good ones). These mobs drop special weapons/pets/armor with regularly good upgrades.

How hard can this be?! Host servers and charge per month trendy. That's how you'll make as much money as you want to on the ps3 market. I would totally pay 4.99 a month for something like that. And a lot more than that, tbh. You could even charge for higher amounts of characters!! Store our player data anddddd duh duh duh we eliminate duping! Suddenly everything is fixed!!

You have an addicted player base trendy. Your one year test has worked! Now expand the game to a massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) and charge us for our addiction! This will give you the funding to continue releasing expanded content that we will HAVE to buy!!!! In the process, you will build a beautiful new world/game for a unique/adoring community.

C'mon. Do it

But honestly, what's the point?

The game is like any other game. Like any other non-employment activity. There is only so much enjoyment to be had and so many hours of play before you move on to something else. How long that takes is up to you. This game has attracted a large number of folks who have stuck with it for long periods of time, which is a testimonial to how fun it is. But it's the journey itself that's the magic. It's not the achievement of some plateau that's the key, it's the fun you had, the progress you made, and the friends you made along the way.

You may be ascribing attitudes to elite players that they themselves don't have, though everyone is different, of course. Nor am I anything remotely resembling "elite". But I can tell you that I don't play Moraggo because I want a 200+ oculus. I play it because it's fun. I don't farm armor because I want 1016 tower attack to convey some status onto me, I farm armor because 700 tower attack doesn't do what I need it to do.

I don't disagree that, particularly on Xbox, endgame is iffy. I'll probably never even be able to attempt the Crystalline Dimension on any difficulty beyond medium because Xboxes freeze trying to play Sky City on hard... and without all 4 shards, you're not able to proceed.

But even as my own sense of "wow I still have a lot left to do" winds down (and it has), I still really enjoy drinking a glass of wine and playing Misty+ with my wife in the evenings. I still really enjoy the xp events. I still enjoy playing with my son and his newcomer friends; I enjoy watching them learn how to build and being excited about that new 30^ weapon. I still enjoy having discussions on the forums like this one. There isn't another game I'd rather play when my family gets together for Easter, and they all share that same opinion. This is going to sound weird, but I loved learning that my Glitter+ build won't readily support 4 players (thanks John). I usually play Glitter+ alone. Now I have something I can tinker with; I have a reason to experiment with more AFKs than I had ever wanted to previously.

Enjoy today. I'd hate to see anyone look back on what they've spent their recreational time doing and consider it wasted. If that's the case, spend that time doing something else. Something you'll consider more fulfilling in the long run.

I'll be hammering on the Old One on Easter with 3 people who I really enjoy playing with. If we lose, it'll be frustrating. If we win, it'll be gratifying. But the only thing that really matters to me is that we'll have fun either way. That's what this is really supposed to be about. Anyone who loses that perspective does so to their own detriment.

Damocles the Philosophical

If we were to make a Duper list website, we couldn't link to it because that would be considered advertising, but you could make the site, create a psn ID with the same name, then post it in ur signature like I did with my awesomely free gaming site. but you cant actually say its a website, it has to be like I put it, PSN: (webaddress) But it takes time and money to maintain and who will pay for that ?

You are still forgetting one key point. You trade me an item. I say it disappeared when you KNOW you farmed it. I blab that you're a duper. Who is getting who? Damocles, I agree completely. ")

obviously if you farm something and someone goes around callin it a dupe you tell them there retarded and moveon i had 10 ppl tell me my 214 oculus was a dupe althoug i farmed it myself lol so if you rtrade stufff you know you farmed n get called out you know not to deal with that person cuz therejust a liar