Stop the dupers opinions poll

I only played for about 7 weeks as of now and in my time i have had many items go poof on me ...and i know some people dont know they trade you a duped weapon and will give you your stuff back but then theres the people who know strait up there duping you .. and i wonder to myself why we cannot have a forum post on all these people who are illigitimate and try to dupe people .....i mean people need to know who to deal with and who not to ... we all need to come to gether and stop this crap . these people make me sick and im tired of me and my friends losing things they farmed to get things to trade for .... IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE JUST A PLANE JANE WEBSITE WE SHOULD HAVE A LINK TO IT SO THEN WE CAN LIST ALL THESE PEOPLE TO LOOK OUT FOR AND NOT HAVE IT ON FORUMS please tell me what you think or if anyone is down for this pm me or post here ... lets stop the bs and expose these losers if we cant do it here we have to do it somehow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good idea to me.. Section of ppl that traded dupes without knowing and a section for known dupers

Sounds like a good idea to me.. Section of ppl that traded dupes without knowing and a section for known dupers
THANKS for input i agree only morelike section for someone who duped and didnt know but still wont give your stuff back and known dupers in one and then people who duped and returned your stuff lol

THANKS for input i agree only morelike section for someone who duped and didnt know but still wont give your stuff back and known dupers in one and then people who duped and returned your stuff lol
cause people who didnt know about dupe and still wont return your stuff are just as bad i believe

here's the thing, how do you regulate it? I've never duped, but unintentionally made enemies, and then I find my name on list, so I put the person I think did that to me on the list..... its impossible to regulate, the best thing you can do is pm a list to each other of known dupers and suspected dupers..... I once came up with the idea of only being able to trade online farmed items online saved to a community server and offline items stay offline but it'll never get off the ground, hopefully with dd 2 this issue can be addressed, I don't think giving it out for free on plus was the best idea, it generated a new croud but it also put so many more new dupers into play

I only trade with a few select people. Mostly just one here lately. I'm not looking to rip anybody off nor get myself ripped off. I do hate that we can't expose people here. It would make it a lot easier for most. However, I'll just keep to my ways and hopefully never see a duped item.

here's the thing, how do you regulate it? I've never duped, but unintentionally made enemies, and then I find my name on list, so I put the person I think did that to me on the list..... its impossible to regulate, the best thing you can do is pm a list to each other of known dupers and suspected dupers..... I once came up with the idea of only being able to trade online farmed items online saved to a community server and offline items stay offline but it'll never get off the ground, hopefully with dd 2 this issue can be addressed, I don't think giving it out for free on plus was the best idea, it generated a new croud but it also put so many more new dupers into play
this is true but the site wouldnt jus be a free for all there would be a group of players who are legit been around alot who would regulate people bring the names they go over it and compare to what other poeple say chances areis more than 1 person says this person is duping people it would be correct
i jus left a room with a lvl 87 guy he got duped and now has a useless 87 mage cant do anything DAMANUNEED so if anyone can hook em up if they see him that would be nice .. but as i said the people who are dupers are known by many people and are gaining infamy every day so im sure a legit group of long timeplayers would be able to determine the truth of wether people are worth of blacklisting or not

I only trade with a few select people. Mostly just one here lately. I'm not looking to rip anybody off nor get myself ripped off. I do hate that we can't expose people here. It would make it a lot easier for most. However, I'll just keep to my ways and hopefully never see a duped item.
yes thats good but its sad to have to do it that way .....i got duped and guy said he give me my stuff back then deleted me lol like i been duped by a freind he didnt know jus gave my stuff back thats legit and i have no quarrels with that kind of thing ... like i said someone can jus make a general site where we can post people we been duped by and categorize them if they get called out 2 times they get black listed one list for 1st time offenders then 2nd time list them ect ect its better than nothing and the first step is awarness i believe

this is true but the site wouldnt jus be a free for all there would be a group of players who are legit been around alot who would regulate people bring the names they go over it and compare to what other poeple say chances areis more than 1 person says this person is duping people it would be correct
i jus left a room with a lvl 87 guy he got duped and now has a useless 87 mage cant do anything DAMANUNEED so if anyone can hook em up if they see him that would be nice .. but as i said the people who are dupers are known by many people and are gaining infamy every day so im sure a legit group of long timeplayers would be able to determine the truth of wether people are worth of blacklisting or not

not calling anyone out or naming names, but I've seen legit traders groups turn into duper rings.... personally I try to limit trades to the forum or friends list, references are always good as well

Best thing as of now would to just write down every trade you do and with who. That way you know better to watch out next time. Stay exclusively on these forums and learn the community. You'll know who to trust and who not in the long run.

well maybe what we could do is start a list on hereof people who are good to trade with lol cant get in trouble for that then we least have a crew of people we arent scared to trade with lol if ur on list and sell a dupe and dont refund your off the list then the absence of your name would signify your a duper lol

well maybe what we could do is start a list on hereof people who are good to trade with lol cant get in trouble for that then we least have a crew of people we arent scared to trade with lol if ur on list and sell a dupe and dont refund your off the list then the absence of your name would signify your a duper lol
people can come request to be on the list andremain on it till reported as duping then removed

that list would suggest all new players are dupers, and if someone makes the good list and decides to start duping then It would void the reason behind the list, I'm not trying to set you guys back, just forseeing some issues

But who's gonna make the list? Who's gonna maintain it? Is it going to be on a separate website, or a list here, in the forums? It's next to impossible to tell straight away if somebody is duping or not. You have to experience this stuff to really know of they're duping or not. This is going to be very hard to do, since not everybody cooperates with everybody else to tell them if they've been duped (or are dupers themselves). If anybody has a solution to these problems, then by all means continue with the project. Otherwise we'll have a list with non-dupers who were framed, and dupers that are not on the list.

Giving it out for free isnt the problem... I bought DD when it was 15$ before it went free on ps+ but have had ps+ the whole time. Do you see a problem with that?

The problem with ps+ users is the fact that the game saves on the client not on a server.

EDIT: TBH OP your new here... these problems have already tried to be addressed. There is no way of doing this legitly. Really all you need is some common sense.
If a trade is too good to be true... it prolly is
ask questions...where did you get an item? how long ago? from who?
Its really simple... Ive done ALOT of trading since ive been here and nothing has ever poofed on me...

DD should have been a MP game only. Should have axed the SP out of it and kept everything server based. No corrupts, no duping, no MAJOR problems.............

[QUOTE]here's the thing, how do you regulate it? I've never duped, but unintentionally made enemies, and then I find my name on list, so I put the person I think did that to me on the list..... its impossible to regulate, the best thing you can do is pm a list to each other of known dupers and suspected dupers..... I once came up with the idea of only being able to trade online farmed items online saved to a community server and offline items stay offline but it'll never get off the ground, hopefully with dd 2 this issue can be addressed, I don't think giving it out for free on plus was the best idea, it generated a new croud but it also put so many more new dupers into play[/QUOTE]

Making it free on ps+ was their business decision. And anyways, how would it being free on ps+ (which you have to pay for anyways) bring more dupers into play?

DD should have been a MP game only. Should have axed the SP out of it and kept everything server based. No corrupts, no duping, no MAJOR problems.............
should haves and could haves will not help anyone lol we need to realize they will not fix this game so we need to find a way to fix this problem ourselves

[QUOTE]they will not fix this game so we need to find a way to fix this problem ourselves[/QUOTE]

Well, you don't know that. We could always go and petetion (or something else, i'm just spitballing).They're gonna lose a pretty big part of their crowd if this problem persists, so it's in their best interests to fix it. We're not the only ones who want this problem gone.

Grass, you seem to be trading a lot. How many of those items did you not farm yourself? Saw some the other day.

Now when those items disappear on the person you traded them to, he/she will add your name to your suggested "duper" web page.

Don't trade to turn around and trade that item to someone else.

The problem with this is that people would probably just report people that they dont like as dupers. To list a person as a duper would also require proof of them being a duper. People have just told me 'dont trade with this guy cuz hes a duper' and although im probably going to avoid trading with those people, i dont belive that they are a duper.

Well, you don't know that. We could always go and petetion (or something else, i'm just spitballing).They're gonna lose a pretty big part of their crowd if this problem persists, so it's in their best interests to fix it. We're not the only ones who want this problem gone.

When you say if this problem persists im confused... the problem has been there for a long time. we KNOW they arent fixing anything. In fact i bet you can go look at the console discussion and see that threads like this are made on the daily... this isnt anything new

Have a data base o f legit traders, having a list of dupers will not work. Make a list of legit traders that people can refer to. Or just ask around, we're dealing with dishonest people, list of dupers will be too corrupt.
What could you do if the dupers change their account or continues to change accounts?
Using common sense and asking around is the easiest, and most effective way.