Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Hudduh

Copters... just nerf them

They do way too much damage.
So I was just doing Prop Cat farming (using Box of Devastation Build), and all of a sudden all 6 of my mages die instantly. Guess what happened? Copters...

Copters rockets do way too much damage. Pretty sure my mages have almost 100k HP and the fact a copter can one shot them is just too much.

Don't tell me "Use more reflects" since the problem was that the copter flew up high enough to bypass all my reflections.

Either that, or fix their path so they don't go ridiculously high.

Yeah, fixing their pathing would be nice. Their damage is still too high though.

In late game, it seems like copters are the worst enemy maybe only next to super ogres and djinns. Ugh. I hate them so much.

Part of the problem is their flight path often taking them so far above the playing field that you won't even see them coming till they explode over your head and splatter you.

IIRC there is plenty of DU for you to throw reflects in in-between the lines with that build. Shouldn't be too hard. Although pathing errors are annoying, they don't really seem to be overpowered in any other regard.

Sometimes copter rockets can pass right through the middle of a reflect (and kill me who was waiting on the other side). That's annoying. Other than that, copters are fine. They're the only thing that can cause me to lose in many map. They keep the game interesting.
If the game is too hard, play on easy, there's no copters there :p

I don't think they're really overpowered. Annoying? Yes, like the spiders all over again. But their pathing is just ridiculous. They really need to fly lower. On KG's survival, there was one chopper shooting at my minions a level below, one of his rockets shot the ground, while the other constantly harassed my defenses. And it happens every single damn time, and on different maps, too.

Either that, or fix their path so they don't go ridiculously high.

Nerf damage to 50% and range to 70%, so they have to come closer so my towers can hit them ;)

@EagleOne: This is not for endgame gear players like you. It is for players that want to progress ;) Copters are blocking progression with 1.6k Range of my harps they stay out of range and fire (On NM KG). Normally I would be able to beat the map

Nerf damage to 50% and range to 70%, so they have to come closer so my towers can hit them ;)

@EagleOne: This is not for endgame gear players like you. It is for players that want to progress ;) Copters are blocking progression with 1.6k Range of my harps they stay out of range and fire (On NM KG). Normally I would be able to beat the map

NM KG is the map with the best loot, and is for endgame players. There's no "normally", things are normal as there are. Losing to goblin copters is frustrating, but you can overcome them without cheating. If the game is made easier, its lifespan will get shorter without anyone gaining anything about it.
If KG is too hard, farm Aquanos until you have better gear.

I agree with eagle. I am by no means an end game gear builder and some of my builds are weird but they work. Builds posted on youtube or ddplanner may not work for you as your stats and play style are different than the person that made it so experiment.

Never really had issues with them to be honest. Saying they do 100k damage to your minions is just a plain lie. I think they'd be lucky to even hit a 5k on your minions.

Their damage is fairly high, but it certainly isn't too high. I think you just need to try a new build that works for you because that one clearly isn't by the sounds of things, since I do that map starting at wave 23NMHC and with 3 afks and don't encounter a single problem.

Don't tell me "Use more reflects" since the problem was that the copter flew up high enough to bypass all my reflections.

How about: USE MORE AURAS. Auras can kill copters before they get on the map, during which time they are locked into a set path. also it kinda drops the ogre sooooooo. ya... the only remotely challenging thing is the boss.