Mix mode? need information

I already searched the forum googlee, but haven't found yet a satisfactory answer to my question.

How mm affect loot? If running non mm allow me to gain 30min/ 1 hour on the run (by the easier difficulty who allow me to start at a later wave for ex) should i run non mm instead?

I heard a lot of things like it cap armor quality at earlier wave (but by how much 1/2 wave compared to nmhc maybe more), or it buffs the stats of loots, but increase the chance of rollover etc. I read somewhere about a 25% buff of something, some says that it increase the loot multiplier of wave by 10%. I'm confused by the mass of information^^.

If possible i want solid answer with exemple.

Thanks.

http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Mix_Mode

That is the link to the most numbers-related post I have found on the subject, though you probably came up to it also if you googled similar things as I did. I have seen noticeable increases in the number of upgrades on the drops in MM as opposed to normal Survival, but aside from that, not too much seems noticeable, though I have only run MM three or four times thus far.

I saw the wiki article, information is not precise (and from very old patch note) and ppl in this thread are not sure about the exact effect of mm about loot.

Perhaps there is some experienced player who have info on this matter.

Maybe this: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?75339-Question-about-drops-%28for-someone-with-DDDK%29/page3

Basically mixed mode adds to the quality factor. Armor caps earlier than weapons. Shards and newer maps can cap armor before you finish the survival run (i.e. Misty caps at wave 26 on NMHC and off hand; I don't know all of the wave caps per map). So normally mixed mode is not worth it for armor only runs. Weapons on the other hand get the benefit from mixed.

Thanks for the information, i'll turn off mm for armor only run and see how it goes (the thread you give me with your link was very interesting :))

Maybe this: http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?75339-Question-about-drops-%28for-someone-with-DDDK%29/page3

Basically mixed mode adds to the quality factor. Armor caps earlier than weapons. Shards and newer maps can cap armor before you finish the survival run (i.e. Misty caps at wave 26 on NMHC and off hand; I don't know all of the wave caps per map). So normally mixed mode is not worth it for armor only runs. Weapons on the other hand get the benefit from mixed.

But each cap is independent of the other caps of the other maps, right?

As in, the drops are NOT of the same quality in Wave 26 Misty than, say, Whatever is the cap wave in aquanos, right?

As in, the drops are NOT of the same quality in Wave 26 Misty than, say, Whatever is the cap wave in aquanos, right?

Different maps do have different cap waves. :)

Max armor cap is max armor cap.

Some maps can reach the max armor cap (i.e. misty, aquanos, moraggo, etc) and some will not (i.e. deeper wells, forge, etc).

In general terms; each map has a set starting base quality factor (actually multipliers for weighting and quality), and have a per wave scaling factor. Once the factors go through the math involved as a constant then the armor quality factor is derived. Which is then applied to the drop quality math. You can always get a zero as the lowest value no matter what map or wave, but you can never get higher than the armor max cap. So if map A caps at wave x, and map B has a higher quality multiplier per wave then it caps at wave x-3 (just as an example). Drops from those two different waves are the same quality - you just might not notice it in your lifetime due to the RNG. So wave 30 of misty isn't worse than wave 30 of kings map with regards to armor quality. Now that said each map also has a different floor item cap (the maximum number of items on the floor before they start disappearing due to being pushed out of the queu). And each map has a different mob count, ease of keeping drops from falling outside, etc. All of the other factors play a big part in determining the best loot maps for consistent gear runs.

Max armor cap is max armor cap.

Some maps can reach the max armor cap (i.e. misty, aquanos, moraggo, etc) and some will not (i.e. deeper wells, forge, etc).

In general terms; each map has a set starting base quality factor (actually multipliers for weighting and quality), and have a per wave scaling factor. Once the factors go through the math involved as a constant then the armor quality factor is derived. Which is then applied to the drop quality math. You can always get a zero as the lowest value no matter what map or wave, but you can never get higher than the armor max cap. So if map A caps at wave x, and map B has a higher quality multiplier per wave then it caps at wave x-3 (just as an example). Drops from those two different waves are the same quality - you just might not notice it in your lifetime due to the RNG. So wave 30 of misty isn't worse than wave 30 of kings map with regards to armor quality. Now that said each map also has a different floor item cap (the maximum number of items on the floor before they start disappearing due to being pushed out of the queu). And each map has a different mob count, ease of keeping drops from falling outside, etc. All of the other factors play a big part in determining the best loot maps for consistent gear runs.

Um, interesting, so it essentiality dosnt matters what survival I play so long at it is shard levels and kings?...

Still, that brings more questions, like the "each map also has a different floor item cap", I would love to know what map has that for example.

Still, that brings more questions, like the "each map also has a different floor item cap", I would love to know what map has that for example.

And I'd love to know an estimate of which wave caps loot quality for each of the main maps. I've heard kings game is around 18, and misty is 26....or something.

And I'd love to know an estimate of which wave caps loot quality for each of the main maps. I've heard kings game is around 18, and misty is 26....or something.

I suppuse thats with Mix Mode On as well... right?

Anyways yeah I would like that too.