I don't want to rehash the already discussed. If there's a thread please direct me and my pardons.

I started tweaking a few dps characters and as DD is very scenario based its fun to have options. I have noted the emphasis of boost monks with recent DLCs. My DPS monk is now largely relegated to standing by idling boosting.

I'm looking through my gear and wondering if my dps/boost monk gear would be better suited on another character (not the point which character) but currently my monk is at 3600 in hero boost and 2600 in tower boost. I believe if focused, like my barbarian is for pure burst DPS I could get a monk with close to 6000 boost.

Is this viable or is 3500 enough? Yes, killing bosses in 1 shot is more fun for me than killing them in 3 shots... so I'm not arguing that 3500 isn't sufficient just would 6000 be that much more.

Thanks and sorry again if this is somewhere in another thread.

Past 4k hero boost, each 500 adds 10% more into the boost.

Are you certain about this?

I just did some testing the other day with various boost amounts. Had a 2.5k boost monk boost and a barb did a single hawk on a dummy and got about 615dps. Then did it again with a 4k boost monk, and the barb only hit for 17m more dps (632m). That's 1,500 points for a hell of a lot less than 10%, and the difference in points were all under 4k, not above...

2.5k boost is exactly 3x more dmg, 4k boost is about 3.7x more dmg, i tested this using pets dmg by comparing boosted dmg and non boosted dmg to get the amount it increased by.

For anyone else wondering, 5k boost is 3.99x the damage(virtually 4x).

Anything above that, I've yet to achieve. 6k is just too far.