What would YOU do if some gear was "possible" but real fishy...?

Not intending to pull a lot of attention to this specific set or anything, but I wanted a concrete example for people to look at:
This set is fishy

Legit or not?

And my response was:
"It technically all checks out - every piece is "game possible". With that said, your fishy-radar is spot on. Every piece over 351^ which is damn hard for any supreme to get to, let alone a full set. The lowest of any of the tower stats was 277 (pre set-bonus)? 3 of the pieces have the exact same stat-appearances (spd,cast,skill1,skill2,4tower). It's all real fishy."

Would you have hesitations making this kind of trade? I mean you're not gonna get banned, and if the price is right, then I guess both people win... but you very well may be trading with a hacker.

I bring this up because there are some sets in the past that I've deemed possible, but given warnings about -- and I have no idea what the end result truly was, whether they still went through with the deal or anything. Just wondering what public opinion is on these sort of "borderline" pieces.

-Mang

How do you know what is possible? I am new to this game and i dont even know what is possible for a Mythical set...

Experience, and looking at the game's source code -- seeing if the game could have legitimately created these pieces of armor, or if they're out of bounds of the game's possibilities. Several dedicated people have determined lots of rules and thresholds, and help people out by checking if item's are potentially legitimate or not.

well lets see
# of possible upgrades are all within like 8 upgrades of each other...
Each tower stat on each piece is within 8 stat points of each other... other than that last piece which is only slighty more off.
the number of upgrades currently on each one is super close to each other...

So we're saying this guy found nearly EXACT replicated tower pieces of the same set? NOPE

I think I ran into this guy, or at least somebody with an extremely similar supreme set, but it was on a summoner instead. Left almost immediately when my hax-sense started tingling.

The main point in stuff is that it's possible meaning you won't get banned by trendy even if it originated from a hacker. Because for all we know, every single piece of gear seen on these forums is hacked, but within the realm of possibility. Truth is we cannot prove something is legimate unless we have a video recording of it dropping.

The main point in stuff is that it's possible meaning you won't get banned by trendy even if it originated from a hacker. Because for all we know, every single piece of gear seen on these forums is hacked, but within the realm of possibility. Truth is we cannot prove something is legimate unless we have a video recording of it dropping.

Oh I totally agree. The point of the poll was to get the overall disposition of the players -- are they willing to trade for stuff that is "possible" but they're actually pretty sure was hacked? Do they dislike hackers, and refuse to trade with them? etc.

If a piece seems fishy, ill only buy it if its from a trusted (or even semi trusted player sometimes).
However, if its from a newer player or someone I habe very little knowledge of, then I probably won't be buying that piece. No one wants a piece that is hacked or borderline, so I just use my best judgement in terms of 'possible' but fishy pieces

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It is easy for me to say that I would not buy it, since I mostly farm my own gear or have been given items personally farmed by trusted friends.

That said; it is a great integrity question. In the end cheating at this game hurts both the player who cheats (by shortening the possible enjoyment of challenge and achievement) and the trading market. While the first is a personal decision and to each their own, the second impact is not excusable. So while I am not really part of the trading scene, and I don't really shop gear - I would still say no to anything that smells of hacked items.

For those not understanding how fishy that set is, consider that they are so close to being perfect tower drops to be the rarest of rare supremes. You have 4 of them in a matching set, even more rare. The probability of this occurring is phenomenally slim (in fact those supreme pieces are much better than the average real ultimate armor drop). I've played over 1,400 hours and have yet to see in my farming a set of equally close to perfect myth armor or trans armor (for their respective stat and quality limits) sets. And both myth and trans are an order of magnitude more common than supremes. That said you could get there by trading, but then someone would have seen those pieces before and the set was collected through trades. So possible but not even remotely probable.

I think most people will lie and say they wouldn't when in reality, they would trade for it if they actually got offered it.

I think most people will lie and say they wouldn't when in reality, they would trade for it if they actually got offered it.

Nah. Even the polearm that I "won" from the screen-caption contest some weeks back I don't use but on very rare occasion. I'd much rather farm things myself than spend mana to buy my way up the difficulty chain. Much more satisfying to earn it yourself than have it be handed to you. Heck, I don't even look at guides/builds unless a map has me absolutely stumped or I want to try something different (like the box of doom build in skycity)...I'd rather figure it out myself.

This.
Hell, people have bought knowingly hacked gear and dont give a **** sometimes :/

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I check out players before i buy or sell from them (check their steam, see who their friends are, what groups theyre in, hours played etc etc). A lot of people i think are hackers i just refuse to trade with, though generally speaking I have no issue trading for middle of the range 'possible' ult gear, because that is really the only way to progress in this game once you hit about 4k stats.

the only sets that bother me are sets like these and 402^ ult sets being sold by players who have 30 hours. The other day i came across a guy with multiple ult++ sets with 35 hours, who called someone I was giving items to in my recent giveaway a hacker for having a 7x400 stat myth gladius.

But I agree with Grey above. there is a lot of stuff to play in this game, and I find it hilarious when i see people on my steam friends list with 6x full ult sets (that i've added to do runs etc - not my actual friends on steam) with 300 hours getting bored and quitting the game

Nah. Even the polearm that I "won" from the screen-caption contest some weeks back I don't use but on very rare occasion. I'd much rather farm things myself than spend mana to buy my way up the difficulty chain. Much more satisfying to earn it yourself than have it be handed to you. Heck, I don't even look at guides/builds unless a map has me absolutely stumped or I want to try something different (like the box of doom build in skycity)...I'd rather figure it out myself.

Technically you're not "earning" the gear, you're just sitting afk on a KG survival occasionally repairing towers. I don't think farming at its current form can be called "earning" because there is no challenge in survival when you have 3k stats.

I've seen several users on here who have hacked cubes, currency etc and it's like people don't even care that it's hacked, as long as they get cubes it doesn't matter.

Hell, people have bought knowingly hacked gear and dont give a **** sometimes :/

For one, this is an anonymous poll, and I'd *hope* that people would vote truly, even if their posted response to the thread is "screw hackers, I only farm my own stuff or buy legit gear" etc etc.

So far not even one person has voted "I don't even care if it's hacked, I need stats". Which says to me that the fear of being caught with hacked gear is fairly strong. I do kind of wonder which fear is stronger -- other people telling you that your gear is hacked, or if it's the fear of being banned... I've told a couple people in-game that their Steam Saw (or whatever) was hacked, and their response is always hugely defensive, something like "you don't know what you're talking about" or "that's not possible, I got it from...", but pretty soon it's "how can you tell, can you teach me?"

There is a decent percentage that have voted that all they care about is not getting banned, and even more still that would "check further to see if the guy is a hacker" which says to me they still might make the trade.

Several people have said something to the effect of "I only make expensive trades with *trusted* people". Kind of an interesting scenario when your personal reputation opens up more of the market to you.

I think it's probably pretty likely that the bigger forumgoers have a reputation to defend, and are much less likely to deal with hackers.

Yeah, but it's so much easier to say one thing but do another. Many players with 3k stats would jump at a chance for a nice supreme set if they could afford it. When it seems too expensive for them, looking subjectively at it out of their reach, they can be like "oh yeah, maybe I will pass." But if they actually get the chance to suddenly jump from 3k to 4k stats from a set of armour in their price range, they are much more likely to buy.

You also need to consider that forum polls are heavily biased until they reach a lot of votes as the regular users are more likely to be the ones who play a ton and have a lot more experience with the game and hacked/legit gear.

I've seen several users on here who have hacked cubes, currency etc and it's like people don't even care that it's hacked, as long as they get cubes it doesn't matter.

the problem is that if you start deciding not to trade for normal 'possible' items such as cubes because you think someone hacks them you are shooting yourself in the foot. There are only two real options - either you are someone who trades or someone that does not. The first involves trading almost everyone - "Selective" trading is generally just going to end up worse for you, because 95% of people are willing to trade with players who have possible cubes (whether hacked or not) so you will end up being too poor to trade.

The other choice not to trade at all is, at least imo, too boring. Had i chosen to go that path, it would take something like 300 hours for my stats to go up by about 25 points

well lets see
# of possible upgrades are all within like 8 upgrades of each other...
Each tower stat on each piece is within 8 stat points of each other... other than that last piece which is only slighty more off.
the number of upgrades currently on each one is super close to each other...

So we're saying this guy found nearly EXACT replicated tower pieces of the same set? NOPE

THIS ^

Spot on.

THIS ^

Spot on.

It's already been determined that the set is almost guaranteed hacked, I said so in the OP. That isn't the question. It's still "game possible", which is what the thread is truly about -- would you trade for it?

It's already been determined that the set is almost guaranteed hacked, I said so in the OP. That isn't the question. It's still "game possible", which is what the thread is truly about -- would you trade for it?

Hell no. Being 'game possible' doesn't justify wearing hacked gear. Besides, even if it is game possible, can't trendy still find out if the gear has been hacked?

Hell no. Being 'game possible' doesn't justify wearing hacked gear. Besides, even if it is game possible, can't trendy still find out if the gear has been hacked?

I suppose you'd have to ask them. My guess is actually no.

AFAIK, Trendy has as much information as the people in item check. There is no extra behind the scenes data being generated by the code we have access to or anything like that. The only possible exception is duplicated items which have the same item ID (which is supposed to be unique) and that would take some time to search for in the servers, especially given the number that could possibly be out there.

On topic, I suppose anyone can guess my stance on this BS. Hacking is subject to human greed which tends to make even "possible" hacking extremely obvious (ie. OP example). I know the vast majority of big traders are using this type of gear, and know of atleast 1 example that doesn't give two hoots so long as it's possible. Thats their choice, but I'll never, ever, touch anything that I find even remotely suspicious.