Can someone please teach these kids some manners?

I mean come on. I had a kid, maybe 12, come in my lobby while I was playing misty with my boyfriend. I happened to say I love you a couple times to him. And this little kid calls me a ***? I told him that wasn't very nice and that it wasn't true since I am infact a girl. Then he goes and says the my voice sounds like a little kids. Ok, I get it. I have a high voice, but oh wait.. I'm a girl!? He then continues on about how I am a guy and a *** indeed. It got to the point where my boyfriend started to yell at him, I then just decided to kick him. Why are people so rude? Who taught these kids to act this way? I have multiple encounters with this "*** or ***" ****.. It's not right to just call someone *** by their voice .-. I'm getting sick of these people.

So many reasons. No discipline, knowing that they are a faceless character who faces no repercussions, aand some are just simply rude little ****s. Far to many, not just on DD, but all over XBL and I'm sure PSN too .

Unfortunately there are people like that. The shield, if you will, the interenet provides allows few if any repercussions for actions. Personally I would have kicked as soon as *** came out.

well that's just a kid that was enjoying teasing you, he probably didn't mean harm .. that's what i want to think so let me dream

I'm more concerned with ungrateful people , some are even rude on top of that ! sometimes i think I'm too kind
I've often got 30^~40^ giraffes lying around in my tavern that i give away for free (and 70^~80^ weapons too), and it seems a lot of people fancy giraffes so a lot of people go 'oh hey !! ' on them to have me notice they want it ... and from there I've seen from very courteous people (the minority) to absolute ****heads that will want more after they've already ruined your day (the majority)

Be careful, i got banned for "obscene language" , and that was in a PM. Even though i have no idea what the * are because it was censored, it's still deemed obscene, i would love to hear the logic in that.

Yes I have run into the same type of thing quite a lot... kids mostly, but some grown people too. I have run into this in the real world too a lot more in the last 10 years or so than before. It is a combination of the anonymity (relatively speaking) of the net, the fact that the only consequence to this behavior is shunning by a community (which does not seem to bother them), AND the fact that they are allowed to get away with it (no one is monitoring thier activities and interactions).

As far as I am concerned, kids do not face the same punnishments today that they did in years past. And no one can knock their teeth out over the net... (which is what would happen if they spoke to someone face to face like that.. eventually).

I don't tolerate that kind of thing in my games at all. I kick em... I hate when people act like the internet raised them.

Welcome to online gaming. I can't stand the kiddos myself. I really lack patience. That's why I stick to private.

Lack of parenting skills and empty threats.

hey now you cant always blame the parents, most families now days need 2 working parents to keep a household working. so its not the parents fault they cant be there to teach the kids manners, blame society !!!

i say blame obama and im 10 so for me its me hey guys them kick him hes not even old unuff to have balls
obviously obama has so much to do with the community of a video game

and boys are usually born with balls unless you grew your balls at a certain age...?

That's kids for you. There is a reason they cant drive, drink and fend for themselves. Sounded quite funny to me but like banter sounds like you need to work on your riposte, knock him down or too. I would told him to go get his milky bar and fromage frais from him mum ;-)

hey i totally agree with you, i try to play with people on the forums because they are 100 times nicer and they dont hack or mod. But on xbox i get kids coming to my tavern and the first thing they say is give me mods? I mean at least say hello or please!!

Lack of parenting skills and empty threats.

By far not the case. You would be amazed of what a kid actually learns in school. However, on a bigger note, some of these kids just want some attention. It includes pestering people and being immature. Let's face it, they are kids and are very immature.

I work 10 hour days just to support my two kids. It's not an easy job raising kids either. It's by far the hardest job in the world that you don't get paid for.

I hate it when annyoing kids join my tavern. Altohugh your situation hasn't happened to me, I do get annoying kids who want stuff for free from my tavern and dont do what I tell them to or dont understand. I know that I do troll people in COD myself, but I would never insult another person, thats just mean. I just walk around with an unsilenced pistol. =3

Yes I have run into the same type of thing quite a lot... kids mostly, but some grown people too. I have run into this in the real world too a lot more in the last 10 years or so than before. It is a combination of the anonymity (relatively speaking) of the net, the fact that the only consequence to this behavior is shunning by a community (which does not seem to bother them), AND the fact that they are allowed to get away with it (no one is monitoring thier activities and interactions).

As far as I am concerned, kids do not face the same punnishments today that they did in years past. And no one can knock their teeth out over the net... (which is what would happen if they spoke to someone face to face like that.. eventually).

I don't tolerate that kind of thing in my games at all. I kick em... I hate when people act like the internet raised them.
Well said definately a different time and age to be raised or raising kids.

hey now you cant always blame the parents, most families now days need 2 working parents to keep a household working. so its not the parents fault they cant be there to teach the kids manners, blame society !!!
They spat out the kid. If they can't take care of it then it IS their fault!

By far not the case. You would be amazed of what a kid actually learns in school. However, on a bigger note, some of these kids just want some attention. It includes pestering people and being immature. Let's face it, they are kids and are very immature.

I work 10 hour days just to support my two kids. It's not an easy job raising kids either. It's by far the hardest job in the world that you don't get paid for.

I know what they learn in school, my fiancee has been a teacher for years. You would be surprised at how many parents expect teachers to teach their kids things a parent is responsible for, and how many don't care when their kid gets in trouble for not doing work or homework.
I'm not saying every kid, but I see it almost anywhere I go. You know you have heard this before " stop it right now, 1... 2... 2 and a half...." and nothing happens. What kid is going to behave if there is no consequence to face?

I have 4 nephews and 5 nieces, they are very well behaved and very well mannered. They get disciplined and have been taught morals and values.
I know it's not impossible to teach your kid to have respect and treat others with kindness, no matter what the influence surrounds them.

From what I can tell, these kids [and sadly, some adults] are everywhere in 360 and PS3 online games. There were bound to be some horrid people on Dungeon Defenders but for the most part I am happy that it is not over run with them like other games. I would have just kicked them from my game. No reason to put up with disrespectful trash.

So many reasons. No discipline, knowing that they are a faceless character who faces no repercussions, aand some are just simply rude little ****s. Far to many, not just on DD, but all over XBL and I'm sure PSN too .
hey now person not all kids are like that, like me im kid and i have manners.

From what I can tell, these kids [and sadly, some adults] are everywhere in 360 and PS3 online games. There were bound to be some horrid people on Dungeon Defenders but for the most part I am happy that it is not over run with them like other games. I would have just kicked them from my game. No reason to put up with disrespectful trash.

laura your awesome...