Solo Kings Game survival - 3 star tile

When upgrading in Kings Game, because I use a tower spec summoner with no resists and low HP, most of the time if I un-phase, I die. This makes upgrading a VERY slow process, as I play by myself (what can I say, I want all the loot for myself :P)

I imagine the best way to do KG survival is to swap to a DPS summoner with genie and monkey, so you can upgrade the **** out of everything while not worrying about dying or lack of mana. But I don't have one, and I'm not sure many other people have one either, so that left me thinking about other strategies, and I think the 3 star tile, as rare as it is, is actually quite feasible to count on.

As was just discussed in another thread, you can get tiles with phase on, so keep this mind.

I've hit the 3 star tile within 3 to 7 waves every time I've done Kings Game ever since I started seriously using this strategy, and unless your build literally requires non-stop flash healing, it should be doable by everyone. Basically, I just work my way from the top corner down to the bottom opposite corner hitting 4 different tiles on the way down, then crossing back over and on my way up hitting several tiles and flash healing defenses when needed. I've never counted, but I believe you hit at least 60 tiles in a wave when running my route - -probably even more. At end of wave I use all the available mana to upgrade the critical items (buffs > auras > harps in my build) in order to keep the damage scaling higher as the waves increase.

Monotonous? You bet! Boring as hell? You bet! But it works well. You never run out of mana and you never have to un-phase

This isn't so much a guide as it is a question: does anyone else use a similar strategy?

Nope, I get the DU tile and then up it all with my dps summoner(Seahorse and Genie) in 3 to 4 waves unless I get the upgrade while I'm trying to get the DU.

Nope, I get the DU tile and then up it all with my dps summoner(Seahorse and Genie) in 3 to 4 waves unless I get the upgrade while I'm trying to get the DU.

This is the strategy I'd like to use; no argument, it's definitely faster and more reliable.

Unfortunately, no dps summoner yet... I believe the strat i outlined above makes a viable alternative for those in a similar situation to myself.

it would actually be easier for you to create the DPS summoner than it would to find that tile every run, for the record last one I did was the first time I'd hit that in months, and we got it before the DU tile.. lol

it would actually be easier for you to create the DPS summoner than it would to find that tile every run, for the record last one I did was the first time I'd hit that in months, and we got it before the DU tile.. lol

I agree with this statement, you could have a new summoner to 78 in a few KG NMHC campaign runs and equip him with spare trans from your surv runs. That's what I did, now he's my upgrade bot with genie + monkey for longer range mana gathering. Fill up, go overlord to upgrade/heal, pop out and repeat. You don't even have to move once you've got the DU upgrade, which does get rather boring.

i never go for du upgrade tile unless it magically gives it before i get du tile

always upgrade with jester first wave start as there will be no loot on floor waste of not using best upgrader in game
then next wave upgrade with dps summoner and afk flash heal inbetween once everything maxed

I agree with this statement, you could have a new summoner to 78 in a few KG NMHC campaign runs and equip him with spare trans from your surv runs. That's what I did, now he's my upgrade bot with genie + monkey for longer range mana gathering. Fill up, go overlord to upgrade/heal, pop out and repeat. You don't even have to move once you've got the DU upgrade, which does get rather boring.

Every time I consider the option of starting to create a dps summoner, I always end up just doing Kings Game as I have been because it works. IDK if that makes me lazy or if it makes me super efficient lol, it could go both ways. It's not a matter of 'it would be easier to create the dps summoner than it would be to find that tile every run', because I do find that tile every run, so spending the time to create the dps summoner would yield basically the same result.

I have 2 dps summoners, dont waste your time leveling him on kings. All you have to do is 2 runs of nmhc td and he is 78. One run will get ya 75 if you want to just use myth.

I have two; thing-1 and thing-2. Thing-1 with monkey & genie, full resists, high hero hp, and high flash. Thing-2 with app guard and hunt guard, full resists, high hero hp, and high flash. I normally just park thing-2 somewhere of use, park my tower summoner near a crystal in phase mode (nice 30% bonus to tower dmg), and cruise around with thing-1, upgrading and flash healing.

If I had a fourth wired controller and didn't mind the smaller screen size, I might even have a third dps summoner.

uhm. Something that always seem to work for me. If I am close to the last 300 enemies I hit the upper tile closet to the forge. Somehow that gives extra du (1/3 times). I could be just me, but it seems to work for me :)

I know it's probably been said a lot, but seriously, just make a DPS Summoner. The gear doesn't really matter all too much, my dps summoner has been sitting in myths with nm resists that look something like... 60/20/30/10 (something bad like that); casting rate? Forget about it, that scales horribly with a summoner. Equip any kind of genie, preferably one with the highest mana return, ANY monkey (my summoner's monkey does crap damage, somewhere around 20-40k) but that's okay! It deals the damage it needs to to get the mana. The monkey's range is insanely farther than any other pet. As long as there is LoS between you and mobs, you should never even have to move from behind your defenses. Just 5-click-5-click-5-click-5-click-5-click etc etc...

I do it a bit different.
I start King's Game on wave 8 and beginn with a jester build while I look after the DU increased-tile. When everything is built I swap to my dps monk which is equipped with a genie and start upgrading. When i reach wave 20 the built is finished and everything is at max level.
Now I put in 2 dps summoners (djinnlet + genie) who will repair my auras. During the wave I do something different. When the wave is finished I pick up loot, reapair a bit and press g. Repait until wave 30 has finished. :)