Is their any logical reason........

Why anyone would upgrade hero damage on a weapon? just seems useless for it to be their at all, i'm getting annoyed with 200+ weapons with something necessary missing and always including hero damage......

i'm not sure i understood... you say some people upgrade hero damage on weapons ?
if that the case i'm sorry i can't help you cause i don't understand the point of that either

if you're just saying that it's annoying the stat is even here when it's the less important stat on a weapon and you get weapons missing important stats but including hero damage then i mostly agree, we could do with weapons never having hero damage and having other stats instead
except my wall app really likes the +30 hero damage the undying rod gives

except my wall app really likes the +30 hero damage the undying rod gives

Whats the point of hero damage on a wall app? hero damage does not affect towers

I can sure understand that frustration. No idea why you would ever put hero damage in a weapon, for any reason at all. I bet some have used it, that didn't know any better.

For akf's with animus'.
My monk and squire dps guys have actually never used their weapons to kill anyone, their animus' do all the talking.

:) yep yep... mine too :)

seriously I have a crysknife...junbao... all into hero dmg for the sake of my animus

Whats the point of hero damage on a wall app? hero damage does not affect towers

because my wall app also happens to be my best dps character. (as of now he's got 850k dps and 11.5k Hp blockades, already more than enough considering psn eu doesn't have insane+) and it's at lower numbers that any point makes a big difference 670 or 700 HD doesn't change much... 160 or 190 HD is a roughly 150k dps difference on my wall app
for now i don't upgrade his weapon into TH but if i can get a 220+ weapon for him, i'll put the upgrades into TH then into damage/ap/ps/cr

i don't have insane+ so i don't know about that, but for any map&boss on insane 1M DPS is already overkill and 10K HP blockades get the job done
so there's no reason to have a dps app and a wall app when your wall app can do enough dps (he's just a little bit more of a glass cannon)

and yeah i didn't think of afks with animus... laser bots for life

no idea but all my dps guys actually kill not be afk

to keep the ninjas from jumping on your head, obviously hero damage doesnt effect magic blockades but I'm glad we established that.

no idea but all my dps guys actually kill not be afk

So you never use afk's, you always solo? Or are you you saying you afk your builders and not your dps.

So you never use afk's, you always solo? Or are you you saying you afk your builders and not your dps.

my dps are on the move and my builders are afk, but sometimes if i have a guardian or something i will use that character with another controller

For afk animus, mentor, rev, lil carnage, and Templar. Only reasons I c. Ironic I JUST mentioned something to you earlier about snagging a 100+ wep mself for this exact purpose for my mentor.

my dps are on the move and my builders are afk, but sometimes if i have a guardian or something i will use that character with another controller

So you leave your builders in during waves as afk on insane+? Ok, best of luck to you .

What what? hero damage increases a pets attack damage aswell? all pets?

This is truly something i did not know i've only really used attacking pets on afks to level up

What what? hero damage increases a pets attack damage aswell? all pets?

This is truly something i did not know i've only really used attacking pets on afks to level up

Lol, only pets that fire heroic arrows(animus'). my squire dps has an animus that does over 28k .
I'm still surprised at the number of people that do not know this :)
When people i meet ask me why does my squire and monk dps have a weapon with only hero damage upgraded and i explain to them, they're shocked by my answer. I also have 130 triton and 172 junbao for dps, but i never use them, in case anyone is wondering.

and their me giving my mentor away for free lol,

So say i have an apprentice with a 200^ weapon around how many levels would an apprentice animus need to have a higher total dps than if i just had a pet with 128 on hero damage? to make my weapon stronger?

Theirs a lot you can miss in this game, i remember when i spent ages on summit not realizing you could shoot the ancient drago nwith the crossbows, it was only when i played online and saw someone else do it i had my "doh!" moment

and their me giving my mentor away for free lol,

So say i have an apprentice with a 200^ weapon around how many levels would an apprentice animus need to have a higher total dps than if i just had a pet with 128 on hero damage? to make my weapon stronger?

Theirs a lot you can miss in this game, i remember when i spent ages on summit not realizing you could shoot the ancient drago nwith the crossbows, it was only when i played online and saw someone else do it i had my "doh!" moment

I don't quite understand your question, but let me try to answer. the purpose of having a weapon with 128 hero damage is purely for using that character as an afk. You can put the rest of the upgrades after the 128 on base if you want, but the whole reason for the 128 hero damage weapon is for an animus equipped afk. If you use anything else but an animus, a hero damage weapon fully upgraded would make no sense. Put on a templar on rev, with hero damage 700+, and you're talking ~18k for the temp and ~17k for the huntress. The monk would be ~16, and the bottom would be the app ~13k or so. The damage scale is relative to the class, so the squire animus does the most damage, and the app the least. Hence, I put my UD on my app.

I remember when we still didnt have the first upgrade/patch a friend and I did a couple of runs with my friends friend to help him get a decent soul focuser and said person got the ultimate soul focuser for that time: 27ups, 40 base dmg, 7 reload spd, and like 60 ammo. We told him to upgrade it all into attack, he hesitated for a bit but went ahead and took our advice. when he finished and went to shoot at the tavern dummy he said it wasnt doing much damage. Can you guys guess why...? He put all 27 ups into HERO attack, instead of base damage(weapon attack, which we had told him). I was so annoyed, mad and whatnot for that horrible mistake he/we made but after a while (and after the "friend" was gone) we started taking it with humour and laughing about that event. The little/HUGE mistakes of misunderstandings. lol

it's like having a neg rad monk weapon, or a max hero casting rate weapon for pure strat on insane. a separate weapon for a unique purpose.

Yup, yup aaaaaaaand yup

For akf's with animus'.
My monk and squire dps guys have actually never used their weapons to kill anyone, their animus' do all the talking.

HA! I'm not the only one who does this!

feels smart now