I think it's time to invest in ps+...

Yah the reason i bought it is because if i every corrputed i would quit make sure to take off of atuo save and mannually do it becasue if u corrupt over night and it save ur gonna be a sad camper

One of my accounts just corrupted lol. Only problem I would have with ps+ is being called a duper. It the risk worth it?

Okay first... If you need anything all you have to do is ask. If I have something I am not using you can use after this corruption its yours.

Second, yes it is worth it. I dont care if people call me a duper simply because I have ps+ now. The people that matter know I am not a duper for one, and second, I know EXACTLY the consequences first hand of not being able to restore my game data. The ONLY reason I am still playing DD is because of the generosity of this community. I lost EVERY item I had in my item box and on my toons.

Besides that, if people call you a duper based only on the fact that you have ps+ then they are showing their ignorance and lack of thinking processes.

my two cents

there's something i don't get.. can't you just copy your saves on a USB key ? did sony take that away from us and made ps+ necessary to back up saves ? because, maybe i was just hallucinating, but i do remember a time you could just do that

If you play DD long enough PS+ is a must! Hey i didn't know it but I'm a poet! No seriously, i played for 374 of a year when i decided to buy PS+ so i can sleep better at night!

I've had ps+ since it was first released and you do get some really good benefits. Not only free games, but discounts on dlc's, free themes, avatars etc.. I say get it if you can afford it. If you play a lot of different games as I do, the online save feature is very very handy. Who cares what anyone else thinks. My piece of mind means more to me.

Okay first... If you need anything all you have to do is ask. If I have something I am not using you can use after this corruption its yours.

Lol thanks but it was just my sub account. All that was lost was 78 and 83 armor, nothing too big. My main concern is if NineLives(my main) gets corrupted, I'm throwing my ps3 out my window...

Anyways, time to find $20 somewhere around my house now

I like plus, no complaints. Don't forget they have the three month bonus right now if you buy a year. Sorry if that sounds like I'm promoting.
@Remz You can still save some files to usb, but more and more companies are going with copy protected files. The only way to back them up regularly is with plus. I still sound like a commercial. Shutting up now.

Don't know if it helps anyone but you can back up all your acounts on your PS without PS+

Requires a external (FAT32) USB Harddrive and I believe it is located under system menu - backup

Be advised if you have 320 GB and it is full don't plan on using your PS3 for quite awhile vs an old 80 gig I do believe still takes 4-6 hours to do a complete back up. The thought of losing my PS one day every week (to do the backup) is what prompted me to move to PS+. Thankfully I have never had to restore my HD from USB Drive ( but if it takes that much time to back it up, I can only imagine how painful the wait would be to attempt a a complete format of the drive and then restore. )

PS+ is so cool you get some free games every so often - and discounts on the rest. Much cheaper for me to grab a game for me or my son then to drive to the gameshop and go on buying spree. Gameshop=Much less $$$ in my wallet fast.

As for the concern of being called a "dupper" because you don't want to lose your hard earned weapons, armor, and characters via corruption is foolish. I would worry if you quit becoming the victim of a dupper then become the victimizer. It sucks but anyone who has played long enough learns to accept at one time or another you find out you acquired something that is dupped ( I myself included - and believe me I am still mad about the last one ) Anyone who trades can unknowing be in possession of a item that has been dupped.

My sugestion is if find out a item dupped - Don't ever trade it ( if it doesn't disappear right away), and the more preferred method is to destroy it. You will being saving the next person the heartache you experienced.

there's something i don't get.. can't you just copy your saves on a USB key ? did sony take that away from us and made ps+ necessary to back up saves ? because, maybe i was just hallucinating, but i do remember a time you could just do that

Unlike other PS3 game saves DD is copy protected and can't be move to a USB drive. click on info on your save and will see it.