Sign in to follow this  
Nickelz42

Mix Mode Advice?

I want to start venturing into the world of mix mode in search of the best loot possible... but I was hoping for some advice before going all in on this project. It probably doesnt pay off doing mix on a setting other than insane+, since you could just jump up the difficulty for better chests on any other setting. With this being said, i'd like advice from anyone who has gone a few waves on an i+ map past or including Royal Gardens.

I'm aware the Wyvern routes are random in mix mode, which will most likely pose the greatest challenge to a build. I'm looking for interesting ways around this obstacle, as well as opinions on which map may be the easiest to handle. My initial instincts are pointing me towords Misty+ as a starting point. The close proximity of the crystals, and tight choke points are what make me assume this. Anyone have an opinion??

You're a brave soul; that's my opinion!

Please let us know whether you find a significant increase in the quality and/or frequency of loot on Insane+ Mixed. I've never tried it. Never even pondered it on a map as tough as Mistymire. You start popping 100+^ pieces of armor each wave, and before long, running MistyI+ MM for loot will be called "Nickeling" around here. :)

it's not the wyverns that are the problem it's the skeletons, i got to wave 14 on glitter and the rewards didn't seem any better than insane plus, not sure if their is a higher chance or not,

I typically do first 1-3 waves of spires+ for armor drops. I recently started doing it on mix mode because a friend said he gets great drops on it. My experience was similar to Kiss's. The drops on mix as opposed to the tons I've done on plain + mode were no different.

Thanks to everyone for their valued input!

I've read that the rewards for mix mode were between 3-5% better than what they would be on the regular version of the map. Maybe Trendy is throwing PS3 another curveball by making a general statement which applies only to PC.. but until I hear something concrete to verify or dismiss this theory i'll have to run my own analysis. I don't expect this to make a huge difference in the loot received, but every little bit helps and I'll gladly take a 105^ piece over a 100^ anyday. If worse comes to worse I'm still thinking about trying it out on SkyCity+ for a wave 1 reset with two other people who have decent dps characters.

It looks like Glitter+ is the preferred map to mix it up on if I'm actually trying to build MM+... I'm still confused on how to defend against wyverns spawning from all locations (Must be a huge wast of DU'S). This doesn't seem to be an issue for those who posted tho, surprisingly the skeletons are a bigger pain in the a$$ than I anticipated. I know they are now unconnected to the mage and must be killed 3x, but I still seem to underestimating them. After all they are just skelletons right??

I typically do first 1-3 waves of spires+ for armor drops. I recently started doing it on mix mode because a friend said he gets great drops on it. My experience was similar to Kiss's. The drops on mix as opposed to the tons I've done on plain + mode were no different.

I can't seem to farm decent armor anywhere, it's annoying when you have all lv 90 characters because before if i didn't find armor i could at least say i got a little experience...... i've just being doing giraffe runs kind of getting bored of the game now 200^+ weapons are more frequent to me now than 100+ armor,

I'm not sure the whole layer levels of survival giving a greater chance of better items is the the same on the ps3, i leveled up most of my characters on glitter insane plus survival & normally reached around wave 20, i think the best thing i pulled of all those runs was a 93^ pristine helmet and that was on the second wave, when i do get decent armor it's from the tavern keeper 90% of the time

I can't seem to farm decent armor anywhere, it's annoying when you have all lv 90 characters because before if i didn't find armor i could at least say i got a little experience...... i've just being doing giraffe runs kind of getting bored of the game now 200^+ weapons are more frequent to me now than 100+ armor

This is the most depressing thing I've read in a very long time.
It's like I'm looking into my own future, maybe as soon as a few weeks from now. :(

Never once have I found a 100 upgrade piece

I've run sky city survival first wave insane plus maybe 100Xs, in the past 2,days. Saw,one piece of 90 upgrade,armor.

I will say though that the frequency of 40 and 50 upgrade drops seems much higher than on misty.

Thanks to everyone for their valued input!

I've read that the rewards for mix mode were between 3-5% better than what they would be on the regular version of the map. Maybe Trendy is throwing PS3 another curveball by making a general statement which applies only to PC.. but until I hear something concrete to verify or dismiss this theory i'll have to run my own analysis. I don't expect this to make a huge difference in the loot received, but every little bit helps and I'll gladly take a 105^ piece over a 100^ anyday. If worse comes to worse I'm still thinking about trying it out on SkyCity+ for a wave 1 reset with two other people who have decent dps characters.

It looks like Glitter+ is the preferred map to mix it up on if I'm actually trying to build MM+... I'm still confused on how to defend against wyverns spawning from all locations (Must be a huge wast of DU'S). This doesn't seem to be an issue for those who posted tho, surprisingly the skeletons are a bigger pain in the a$$ than I anticipated. I know they are now unconnected to the mage and must be killed 3x, but I still seem to underestimating them. After all they are just skelletons right??

Mix mode gives you better stuff...

ON PC

wow i completely forgot about mix mode but i doubt it gives better loot

I'm sad to say the skeptics seem to have been right. I ran wave 1 Sky City I+ Mix about 10x today with 3 high level friends and no one to my knowledge received anything noteworthy... It was definitely not worth the effort, I'd rather be punched in the face.

On a side note, Aquanos Insane has been extremely buggy for me the past few days. 4 out of the 5 runs I attempted today ended because of a single enemy not appearing at the end of the wave, which stops the wave from completion. I haven't been running this map for an extrememly long time, so I was wondering if this is a common problem or something new. I'm obsessed with getting good Aquanos gear right now so i'd appreciate any advice (Maybe the map is broken on Insane, but works better on hard or I+ for some weird reason). Thanks in advance to all my fellow DD heads.

I've recently started farming aquanos and have had no problems with crashing so far, got a nice 143^ anorax on my first attempt with 3 afk, I've done about 5 more runs since and not got anything over 100^

Not sure if your talking about mix mode on this but it's a total waste of time with the exp being at least on the other stages your leveling up properly.

I can't seem to farm decent armor anywhere, it's annoying when you have all lv 90 characters because before if i didn't find armor i could at least say i got a little experience...... i've just being doing giraffe runs kind of getting bored of the game now 200^+ weapons are more frequent to me now than 100+ armor,

I'm not sure the whole layer levels of survival giving a greater chance of better items is the the same on the ps3, i leveled up most of my characters on glitter insane plus survival & normally reached around wave 20, i think the best thing i pulled of all those runs was a 93^ pristine helmet and that was on the second wave, when i do get decent armor it's from the tavern keeper 90% of the time

i agree with this. I have gotten some sweet gear from the tavern keep, lots of 80^+ armour. seems to be more frequent then finding it as loot