[Guide] Temple O' Love - NMHC or lower

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882977285093711214/88EF4059D3FE7245D995A8F0DEC86C51B6094C13/
Overview of entire build - All reflect beams are 1 DU

South portion male side: Gas + proximity mine (slight stagger) with a 3 DU wall and 4 DU buff.
Female side: minion wall with 4 archers and a 4 DU. Triple aura stack in middle(ish).

Mid-south male side (stairs): 3 archers on a 4 DU buff + 3 DU physical wall to prevent squires from running up.
Mid-south female side: 4 archers on a 4 DU buff (place them well so no female archers slip past), gas trap and mage minion to heal both walls. Triple aura stack can be placed either below or up top (shown below).

North male side: 3 DU wall (looks like a shark moved it in that screenshot, sorry) + proximity mine + 2 archers on a 4 DU buff. May need to fix wall after shark wave.
North female side: 4 archers on a 4 DU buff.

1st build phase: Make auras and traps (not show, but make an additional gas trap under the south auras and sell after first wave). Make beams if you have time left and extra mana from secret room.

1st combat phase: Summon all minions (have your team delay killing if required)

2nd build phase:Make all EV beams, will need to continue building in combat phase.

3rd build phase: Make anything you missed and make sure all minions are on buffs :).

**** Note, this build requires very large aura range when buffed. > 2k range is suggested with > 1.58x range multiplier on your buff beams.

Hmm, some interesting ideas here. My build differs considerably, but almost always makes me fail at last wave, even if every wave before is a cake walk. Might try this later, though it seems kinda complicated. I like my builds simple (I'm lazy).

So the boys-girls last wave can't meet through phys beams but through minion walls?

Is the build stable for up to 4 people?

Just completed this challenge with this build.

The only thing we changed though was skimping on two archers to add a mage in the NE part.

Thank you for the build!

I tried this build, it's pretty decent, but I prefer your other build you posted in the general section.
I mostly changed back to this build to provide a better boss fighting area.

I mostly changed back to this build to provide a better boss fighting area.

I just simply used the other build, and had the boss fighting area in this build included. In the other build, the problem I found was that djinns were desummoning the reflects in the boss fight area.

Interesting... and you don't have mobs come and attack you while fighting boss? I don't with this build because they get distracted by the towers. I assumed if I moved boss fight in other build to this area, mobs would come and attack me.

great build draemn, and yeah I found that deliberately aiming to kill off all the Squires (I was our monk for the last wave) was helping to stop the pairing happening more than anything else, so I just went out and did that

nice additions you've made since I saw it in-game, I can see how they will help a lot actually, that north wall really needed the buff

Problem with making a map build guide is that I constantly keep refining my builds almost every time I play it... then I make a totally new build after I finally get it running without changes for a while :P

Just me though. Yes, I agree that I've been having lots of luck with focus on squires, but south is the most risky area, need a good dps for squires and engage them before they get to the wall.

Thank you for the guide. It is a great help.
My only modifications are: I substracted the 3DU physical beam at south (it was destroyed every wave), took the minions + buff from north downstairs next to your lightning tower, deleted the lightning tower and the reflection beam on the stairs and used 2 harps instead. (I know I missed something here because there's too less DUs for what I said but I'm afraid I don't find out)
Now nothing was destroyed or really bad damaged.
Unfortunately the evil heroes paired although. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I should've mentioned before that my feedback was my first impressions. I recently tried doing this build again, and really tried to get the build perfect. I will sadly admit that this build is way better than your other one. ^^

i can get to boss, but how to kill them? they just keep flyjing so high...

also want to know how to defeat boss.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you use any gfx tweaks? Just curious because it seems like I can see through your auras a bit easier than normal in your screenies. Damn auras :(

Oh, I forgot to reply to this after I started building with it.
Amazing build, although a pair or two match on the last wave. Do you have any ideas as to why this happens?

I try to take screenshots of my builds with "post processing" turned off and wait until they hit a cycle of lowest "colour intensity" to take the image. That way it's as easy as possible to see what is going on.

Honestly, I've been trying to find a build that holds and stops this stupid leaking problem. If you don't have good dps on the evil heroes to keep them from jumping past your walls/defenses, they sometimes pair just because of the fact that they don't die fast and can walk pretty much anywhere on the map they chose.

I try to take screenshots of my builds with "post processing" turned off and wait until they hit a cycle of lowest "colour intensity" to take the image. That way it's as easy as possible to see what is going on.

Honestly, I've been trying to find a build that holds and stops this stupid leaking problem. If you don't have good dps on the evil heroes to keep them from jumping past your walls/defenses, they sometimes pair just because of the fact that they don't die fast and can walk pretty much anywhere on the map they chose.

This is very true. You have to kill the evil heroes quickly... just pick one gender (I usually go for the squire since they're slow and don't run away fast like the huntress) and stay on them till they die. I prefer to start at the north east side and them finish off the squires that goes to the south east side. I don't use this build, though. My build starts with prox + gas + buff beams on first wave then two sets of triple aura stack, minions and lastly the reflect cages + healing aura for taking out the mega cupids with ranged weapons. Similar locations but without walls or lightning towers. You must engage the evil heroes right away. Walls and minions won't contain them for very long.

For fun, I thought about using jester towers but they are so random..

biggest problem I face is the desire to have mage minions so you can ignore the build and not have to repair.... le'sigh. I could easily get rid of the towers to free up DU if I actually thought it would help... but due to the crappy nature of physical walls with the final wave, don't know how to go about using DU effectively vs MU.

Maybe I just need to find a way to not use mage minions?

I think mage minions are pretty necessary in the last wave, since some of those heroes do a good amount of damage after a while.

biggest problem I face is the desire to have mage minions so you can ignore the build and not have to repair.... le'sigh. I could easily get rid of the towers to free up DU if I actually thought it would help... but due to the crappy nature of physical walls with the final wave, don't know how to go about using DU effectively vs MU.

Maybe I just need to find a way to not use mage minions?

I wonder if all the minions are archers, would the evil heroes have harder time getting through to meet each other. I seem to have more issues with evil heroes wave than the boss fight. This is mostly with afk's though... solo, the evil heroes are not that bad. If solo, be sure that the boss fight hero is either a ranger, huntress or a jester (perhaps a EV) with a prop cat using pawn shot/krytycal styke/e-cannon. Other wise the bosses will be a pain. Never tried using a monkey.. but they might get too distracted by mobs.

Edit: A blood shot staff might work ok as well.