• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want the ability to custmoize our taverns.

I would greatly prefer the new tavern mod while others may hate the idea of changing what they are used to.

I believe the ability to choose custom tavern elements would expand the game greatly yet leaving it as optional will alienate no one.

WIN WIN!

A new tavern would be awesome. The current one was designed to use as basically a small lobby to hold up to 4 people back in it's mobile days. We use it for so much more than that now. It would be great to see some effort in this. And please don't leave the rose pedals on my tavern floor for months.

Hey, I have a bold idea. Instead of taking time interviewing the various staff for us, maybe you could use that time for just a couple weeks and implement this awesome Tavern Nexus created?

A new tavern would be awesome. The current one was designed to use as basically a small lobby to hold up to 4 people back in it's mobile days.

^^^^

So true! The days of mobile... bringing back many memories of talking to devs and fellow friends on internet chat hosting website and playing with ipod/iphone plugged up for hours!

Anyways, I do agree with the need for a new tavern and this one is a damn good start! From what I see I don't have any complaints and completely support this map!

While I very much see the draw to a new Tavern, I'd like to point out that the old Tavern was used in Tavern Defense, and thus might confuse newer players as to what building they're playing in. However, the new tavern does look absolutely wonderful, and I do support a Tavern Remodel. I guess the Tavernkeep could have remodeled since the invasion of mobs? XD

Anyway, if a full remodel doesn't happen, (Although slightly offtopic?) another suggestion I have is to finally reveal the second floor. (Since it was obvious there was one.) Unlike the secret room and basement, however, that should be public to the other tavern goers. A simple edit to the stair structure would allow access, very much keeping the orginal look while also adding more space. Another option, (Once again, going the route above.) would be to allow the players go outside the Tavern into the Tavern Defense Garden, which would/could have been fixed after the battle there.

Boy I would love this to happen so over the current tavern! MAKE IT HAPPEN DEVS PLEASE :)

• 2 weeks later...
While I very much see the draw to a new Tavern, I'd like to point out that the old Tavern was used in Tavern Defense, and thus might confuse newer players as to what building they're playing in. However, the new tavern does look absolutely wonderful, and I do support a Tavern Remodel. I guess the Tavernkeep could have remodeled since the invasion of mobs? XD

Anyway, if a full remodel doesn't happen, (Although slightly offtopic?) another suggestion I have is to finally reveal the second floor. (Since it was obvious there was one.) Unlike the secret room and basement, however, that should be public to the other tavern goers. A simple edit to the stair structure would allow access, very much keeping the orginal look while also adding more space. Another option, (Once again, going the route above.) would be to allow the players go outside the Tavern into the Tavern Defense Garden, which would/could have been fixed after the battle there.

i'd just as soon as take nexus' design, and bridge it to the current tavern through the existing doors and other useless details, etc.
(like the corner at the top of the stairs where there are a couple kegs in a little nook - just cut that out and enlarge the area slightly and make it a hallway to the second part of the tavern).

still three thumbs up to fixing and improving the tavern.

i want this tavern it looks awesome wish this was the normal tavern you could do so much more with this displays ect ect :)

I think the new Tavern will be a boat!

Ahh, smart young one, but wrong. As in those other pictures, there are actual pics of something resembling the current tavern. Also, I think thta will be a part of the town square they mentioned

• 2 weeks later...
If I could get help from Trendy in making the Tavern overhaul I've already done work with the normal tavern script that is already in place, I could work on building the themes for all of the Holidays around that and then make them interchangeable with a press of a button.

I've also offered to just give them the work I've done but I never got a response back. So... yeah. I also wouldn't want to waste my Map Contest submission on just a new tavern space.

I originally had planned on getting some display cases inside the tavern that is up on the workshop but I could not get the script to play nice with the item drops, so i kinda scrapped that idea. Hopefully this will be something they'll consider doing for DD2 though.

But thanks everyone for the support, those who liked my redesign. :)

• 2 months later...
If I could get help from Trendy in making the Tavern overhaul I've already done work with the normal tavern script that is already in place, I could work on building the themes for all of the Holidays around that and then make them interchangeable with a press of a button.

I've also offered to just give them the work I've done but I never got a response back. So... yeah. I also wouldn't want to waste my Map Contest submission on just a new tavern space.

I originally had planned on getting some display cases inside the tavern that is up on the workshop but I could not get the script to play nice with the item drops, so i kinda scrapped that idea. Hopefully this will be something they'll consider doing for DD2 though.

But thanks everyone for the support, those who liked my redesign. :)

Maybe they csn do it like in the last contest where two maps were released, one of which is the tavern.
Also, thats a great design

• 1 month later...
I feel like Trendy should implement a way of storing vast amounts of items in a separate item box or "chest" along with this idea. Have the chest in the outside area, and have the storage amount at like 0/2000 items, I understand that having mass floor storage would simply cause mass drops in framerate, so allow us to store them in a huge chest with mass storage. I have no room for any of my items anymore, what am I to do with them? I also value starting over and playing characters from scratch, so the extra storage would be a tremendous help in organization!