Was an event that passed.

You can't get them now unless you trade for them.

I really friggin' hate online games that do this.

It's not like they are better than found gear. You take time and have fun, and get a currency item. It seems pretty fair

It was from a community event that we sponsored. You might be able to get one if you do some trading in our Trading and Grouping subforum.

Quick question: Why do you hate this practice?

It's not like they are better than found gear.
You take time and have fun, and get a currency item. It seems pretty fair.

They aren't just "currency items," even though most people seem to think this way. -_-;; They are something cool looking, with an okay stat bump, to show your love for the game and for the awesome community events. As you noted, they don't offer better stats than stuff you can already find as stage rewards, so people who attended the events don't have any sort of "leg up" in the game.

I think it's more about it being a one time thing, so the people that weren't around or couldn't be there don't have the same opportunity to get the items as the people that were did .. I wouldn't like it if the items were far better than anything that was currently in the game, but I haven't seen many (or any) event items that make me feel this way, bar a few situational ones (only for certain scenarios)

edit: brackets

They look great. And tbh I'd pay up to get my hands on them, prolly my first event items too. if only someone tells me their price lol xD !!!
Also - Looks > Stats.