I just got back into the game a month ago from a long hiatus, and I'm hearing a lot of different things about the loot quality per maps. Perhaps we can finally make this all clear with this thread.

Everyone seems to say "King's Game" is the best for "trans armor". As far as I remembered, no map has a certain affinity except in certain types of weapons.

So, is it because King's Game is "easier" to run, ergo, easier to run with a summoner? If so, what are the other maps affinities? (aka, better for weapons, etc)?

Some maps do indeed drop different types of weapons, such as mistymire being able to drop certain types of weapons like the cardboard tubes or whatever. I find it a bit hard to believe such a limiter or condition was put in place for armor, which is fairly universal.

Also, can someone make a scale of map loot quality? It almost seems like this is a rough listing of the Nightmare Survival HC Loot Tiering

1) Magus
2) Alchemist
3) Throne/Ramparts
4) Endless Spire
5) Glitterhelm

6) Mistymire
7) Moraggo / Aquanos (similar?)
8) King's Game
9) Sky City / Akatiti
10) Winter Wonderland

I've also heard comparisons where Aquanos / King's Game / Sky City are the same.

So what is it? The list is most likely incorrect, so I'd like some help to fix this or get a better feel of it.

The reason why I question this is because my best armors come from other maps... not King's Game. I realize RNG is RNG, but I can't help but wonder if it is because some people are better at some maps over others.

Thanks guys!

All of the numbers are buried in the DDDK. But the quick answers to your questions are:

1) map / difficulty / wave# each affect the overall quality of all loot, with separate multipliers. Yes, the lower you go on the campaign listing, the better the map multiplier.
2) there is a cap to the maximum loot quality, i.e. King's Game NMHC Wave X gives JUST AS GOOD loot as Winter Wonderland NMHC Wave Y, where X and Y are numbers less than 30, X being higher than Y, because both maps cap the loot quality at a high enough wave, but King's Game is an easier map than WW with a lower map loot quality, but given enough waves still caps.
3) King's Game is considered an excellent survival to farm armor (not just trans, but anything trans+), because it's
a) not too hard
b) all the loot stay on the map (mobs aren't likely to die over the edge)
c) the mob count is high, so if you can AFK it you'll come back with only the cream of the crop loot remaining, giving you
high return on your effort

Also, while there are specific weapon TYPES that only drop on certain maps (like wrenches on Sky City) the weapon quality factors are otherwise very similar to armor factors (same map / difficulty / wave multipliers). The exceptions are the special reward weapons, such as Pawn Shot, Steam Saw, Obsidian Gladius, etc.

Finally, RNG is in fact RNG. King's Game has a chance to drop nice things just like any other map. The only true math involved is on what wave it caps loot quality out, which I believe is 22-24 on NMHC. But someone with intimate knowledge of the DDDK (which I've only started cracking) should confirm that.

Hope this helped,
-Mang

Too big numbers of enemies is bad... So, on servants quarters last 100 items are worse, than from deeper well...

So, according to the general rule of thumb Tavern Defense Survival should be one of the best places to farm, right? Yet, I hear so little about it for items.

How does King's Game compare to Aquanos? Same or worse?

Tavern Defense has the highest quality generic weapon loot drops, but lowest armor loot drops so that's why you haven't heard much from Tavern Defense.

Wait, where is this documented/listed? In the DDDK? I thought the general item quality rolls were identical but the distribution was different (e.g. if you are a summoner, you get 100% armor distribution, vs say a jester who might get 20% armor drops, 80% random weap drops).

People experienced it alot when playing Tavern Defense, they noticed a very low quality armor dropping there, but weapons appeared to be in ult and ult+ more often than on other maps.

People experienced it alot when playing Tavern Defense, they noticed a very low quality armor dropping there, but weapons appeared to be in ult and ult+ more often than on other maps.

You're kidding right? The only complete run I ever did had a grand total of 1 item > myth, and everyone was monks the entire time. All the other random runs from various waves haven't resulted in anything either

You're kidding right? The only complete run I ever did had a grand total of 1 item > myth, and everyone was monks the entire time. All the other random runs from various waves haven't resulted in anything either

Try running with atleast 1 jester and you'll see all weapon drops, being all monks just means bad drops overall cause monk weapons have crappy multipliers to begin with.

winter wonderland horrible similar to tavdefense armor not worth farming

best maps i had experience in getting awesome armor for my heroes
aquanos
kings game
sky city

not listed in order but those 3 got me good ****

everything else ive tried out so much garbage loot