classic eagle vs clava

My staff is better.

Of course we are talking about equal statted staves.

For example;

5k base staves, 90 charge.

Classic with 394^ goes to 62k ~34mil DPS with 4.4k hero attack SL Apprentice.

Clava with 394^ goes to roughly 55k ~26mil DPS with 4.4k hero attack SL Apprentice.

If you can get my staff with good stats, it will always beat a Clava.

What about basic damage multiplier? So, ultimate core drop staff is much worse, than these staves if they'd same damage stat.

What about basic damage multiplier? So, ultimate core drop staff is much worse, than these staves if they'd same damage stat.

There are no special characteristics for the clava. The Eagle soundly trounces it in every way.

I guess the clava has the theoretical advantage of having Obsidian high stats potentially given you a perfect hybrid weapon, but that's sort of pointless on an app or jester I'd guess. Guess you can always wield a classics on one hand and put a 600 Hdamage clava on the other.

Sorry, this is very much off topic, but I seen you mention 90 charge repeatedly, but how the hell do you make that work to give you best dps? I seem to only be able to do it with about 50ish. Do you use a macro, classics or are you that much of a boss at clicking? O-o

I guess the clava has the theoretical advantage of having Obsidian high stats potentially given you a perfect hybrid weapon, but that's sort of pointless on an app or jester I'd guess. Guess you can always wield a classics on one hand and put a 600 Hdamage clava on the other.

Sorry, this is very much off topic, but I seen you mention 90 charge repeatedly, but how the hell do you make that work to give you best dps? I seem to only be able to do it with about 50ish. Do you use a macro, classics or are you that much of a boss at clicking? O-o

Two years of practice at charging makes perfect :)

As classic said, you get used to it, and the higher you have the greater the potential.

With my classics I stopped at ~80, but now after so long using it I find that way too slow and prefer the rate on my builders clava (123 :D) although it sadly makes very little difference

I'm bit a new to staff damage, what charge rate should I aim, 90 or lower/higher?

Experiment yourself, find a staff you like, then upgrade it in open to see what suits you best, you'll soon cross your point of "too much" when upgrading charge rate :)

Wow... I guess that's understandable. I haven't touched my apprentice for like....well a long time. I guess I'll keep my staff at base until I get more used to it. Thanks.

I'm bit a new to staff damage, what charge rate should I aim, 90 or lower/higher?

I personally try to go for as high as an auto-attack can go before going to full charge. The exact number will depend on your computer's abilities (and whether you host or join others' games). For my comp, if I'm using traps/walls/auras (so, all the time...) ~88 is what I go for - also because I like the number 8. Just 'cuz.