Publics recently became really annoying....

For some reason, (I srsly have no idea why) 6 out of 7 games I go to, i get kicked. I'm not entering no "don't enter/lvl X+/help please/etc... just ordinary rooms. Of course always am polite, chatting a bit, nothing that normaly will get u booted.

I'm entering with my lvl 85 dps monk, good items good resists, can't figure out why i'm getting kicked so much. Is this happening to u too lately or just my luck with idiot hosts?

would really love to hear what u think bout this. If needed ill screen my monk + items for reference.
If I could host without lag I would, but it's not possible. Would have run lots of maps, but my connection is hatin' on me :D

DD's community has literally always been this way. It's why I don't bother pubbing, because I either get instantly kicked, or people expect me to do everything while they sit back and do bugger all while trying to add me to friends so they can leech off me. I find maybe 1 person with a brain out of 30, but my luck is notorious for being crap, so it's probably just that.

People kick for the following reasons (not saying you've done any of these), you're either not in the level range they want, you're a class they don't want, they think you're leeching, mass looting, they're being idiots, or they're blind and kick everyone from their game because they don't realize there is a PRIVATE GAME option every time they go to play. I laugh every time I see PRIVATE GAME JOIN = KICK.

It's usually them being idiots. Sorry to hear you're having such bad luck. I'd try and organize something off the forums because people here at least have a brain.

I agree with Jorkfriend, I found the same and put up a post on the forums for pvt sever game players, had two responces and I for over a month now I've played with one of them. It's worked really well for me, and most people on the forums have either a brain or passion for the game. If your lucky you'll find someone with both (like I did) Good luck!

The "private game don't join" ones could be there for a reason tho, in my case when playing with a certain friend I have to make a public game otherwise he can't get back in when he'd disconnect.

I don't bother much with public games anymore.. get kicked from Akatiti jungle games even though I can solo NMHC with 3 afk's.. not even worth bothering. Some people are too hung up stats they're used to seeing from people with hacked gears.

The "private game don't join" ones could be there for a reason tho, in my case when playing with a certain friend I have to make a public game otherwise he can't get back in when he'd disconnect.

Invite friend button.

Make public. Let friend join. Then click the 'hide game button.'
Seriously don't know why people don't use that and instead leave it open for everyone to join.

Anyways, after running Akatiti so much, I have to boot a lot of people, and for different reasons.
If they're best DPSer has under 60% res each stat.
Or they don't have a genie (no debate here. I have no use for you if you can't upgrade)

Those are pretty much the only reasons I kick people. Sure if they're rude or what not I'll kick them, but just stat wise, that's what I kick for.

Post your character please. Some people are idiots and kick not bases on if your hero is good or bad. Sometimes I need to kick people base on hero, but they are idiots who join with a lvl 96 huntress with < 70% generic and <60% elemental when I'm doing winter wonderland. Sometimes I also kick because I only want 2 pubs in my game and 3 joined. Then it's just the weakest player who gets kicked.

Seriously don't know why people don't use that and instead leave it open for everyone to join.

Ofcourse I hide it, but there's the 10 seconds you open it to let another friend in, etc. When hosting something like akatiti and opening your game for 5 seconds there's a good chance your game is full.

Or make it private(If you don't intend to open it to public later) and invite him. Private match =/= Hidden Match.

Or make it private(If you don't intend to open it to public later) and invite him. Private match =/= Hidden Match.

Check my post towlie quoted for the reason I make public games for private use.

Or they don't have a genie (no debate here. I have no use for you if you can't upgrade)

My seahorse (most seahorses probably, especially mine on a monk w/ hero boost) does a hell of a lot more DPS than the difference between your towers and minions with 3 star buff beam (which is easy to get to without a genie by end of wave 1 or early wave 2 on later maps) and your towers and minions individually 3 star buffed with 3 star buff beams.

Not to mention the fact that my seahorse has full DPS instantly (versus waiting to be upgraded), can knock the **** out of ogres, which then drop mana so that I can upgrade things myself relatively quickly, and it continues to do DPS while I upgrade.

I'm not arguing AGAINST using genies, I just think you should probably not say 'no debate here'. I personally would not allow any more than one or two genies at the start of a WW or Akatiti run. I'd rather have a ****load more DPS placed at critical points in a build (if there were any).

And if someone can't get everything in 'their section' 3 starred by later waves when ogres are literally dropping mana almost as quickly as a genie generates it, then that's kind of a fail.

Yeah kicking based on genie is weird. As long as they actually upgrade I'm okay I they don't use a genie

My seahorse (most seahorses probably, especially mine on a monk w/ hero boost) does a hell of a lot more DPS than the difference between your towers and minions with 3 star buff beam (which is easy to get to without a genie by end of wave 1 or early wave 2 on later maps) and your towers and minions individually 3 star buffed with 3 star buff beams.

Not to mention the fact that my seahorse has full DPS instantly (versus waiting to be upgraded), can knock the **** out of ogres, which then drop mana so that I can upgrade things myself relatively quickly, and it continues to do DPS while I upgrade.

I'm not arguing AGAINST using genies, I just think you should probably not say 'no debate here'. I personally would not allow any more than one or two genies at the start of a WW or Akatiti run. I'd rather have a ****load more DPS placed at critical points in a build (if there were any).

And if someone can't get everything in 'their section' 3 starred by later waves when ogres are literally dropping mana almost as quickly as a genie generates it, then that's kind of a fail.

Well said.

I will equip a Genie if the host wants me to but I can upgrade/repair just as well with my 19k Seahorse as you stated.

Plus my Seahorse gives me a +400 hero dmg on my monk which puts me right over the 4k hero dmg mark and if I use the Genie, Im back down to like 3.6k because I dont have any hero dmg on my Genie.

4k hero dmg + 19k Seahorse vs 3.6k hero dmg and a Genie to solely up faster, hmm.....

Yeah kicking based on genie is weird. As long as they actually upgrade I'm okay I they don't use a genie

I feel the same. You normally have 2-3 waves when playing with a genie that you wont need to upgrade anyways.

I recently joined a game called "plz need help". It was a basic campaign map on nmhc and the players were between level 70 and 80 and all stats were below 1000. When entering I used my level 100 dps monk with stats between 2k and 3k. I was kicked about 10 seconds after I entered the tavern.
At this point I have to say that some time ago I accidently kicked another player who intended to help us. I wanted to view his stats and accidently clicked on kick.

When I host a public game most people joining are trying to leech (e.g. not even trying to do upgrades) or ninja looting. The best ones are those who don't stop asking you to give them gear or weapons. :)

It is really hard to find people who are fun and no idiots. As most of my friends already quit the game I mostly play solo. Or at least try it :) (because playing public games are so often so frustrating)

1) you can find people on forums to play with
2) add useful/fun players in your pub games to your friend list and build a new group of buds to play with
3) wait in lobby for group and explain to them they need to upgrade, not to run out and die, etc to be useful and not get kicked. A lot of people are grateful to be in your game and will be helpful if you teach them. Most people don't know how to be useful because they either get a full carry or kicked.

should you really need to tell level 70+ players how to play ?

70+?

Since it takes like 30 seconds to get to level 70 now, the unfortunate answer is yes.

78+ should probably know their stuff, but still many seem to not have a clue.

lvl 78 takes 2 runs of TD afk. Even some people at lvl 90+ seem to somehow get power levelled without learning to play the game. A month ago a hero filter of lvl 93 meant I almost never kicked anyone... now I have to kick 1 in 6 people when I use a hero filter level of 93-95... very sad that I have to use a high hero filter level just to weed out a lot of noobs :/ (Note, I use the hero filter based on the map I'm playing. Akatiti I can pretty much do with noobs as long as one person can either be a good barb or monk boost, so I set it in the 80s, Winter Wonderland I hate doing all 7 bosses solo with 4p health, so I usually set it to 93 or higher... etc. Most maps (when I do them) I use around 78 as a filter level.)

And add in the fact that those power leveled on everyone of their heroes also typically shop their stats, and they don't have much real play time. Once saw a guy with 3k tower stats (back when that was top end game) putting his damage towers next to his walls (basically touching them). When I asked, he said that the walls were there to keep anything from getting past his towers and he would dps the mobs that made it there (with his virtual nil dps since he kept the builder out) if his towers couldn't angle to pick them up. When I asked how that worked with ogres... well his answer was amusing. And he is now on my steam ban list as I don't put up with those who cuss me out.

I can't think of how many times I've asked someone to build with +3k builder stats just for them to say "I don't know a build for this map." If you legit earned 3k builder stats, you'd be able to attempt building any map, even if you haven't built it before.