Sign in to follow this  
Fictorious

I redesigned my character to make her look like a Legendary Series Mech.

Along with defining more details that I rushed to create during my first drawing.
I'll name her "Series Type Aurora"

Lineart

Color

Final

Okay, some little details I left out during the first post.

I did some math, and Rus brought up the question whether or not "Aurora" (this character) could fly.

I honestly don't think it should, but after some hard thinking, and a few calculations, I determined a few things. If it can't fly, how does it levitate (also asked by Rus)?

As some of you will know, the Eternia crystals levitate as about 6.2 inches (15.75 cm) off of the ground, and most of you now they can move (crystal challenges). The master mechanic who created "Aurora" used this ability as the main mode of transport for his first mech (being Aurora).

I figured that the approximate weight of Aurora would be something like 246.63 lbs (111.72 kg), given fuel, material used, and the weight of the crystals. Doing the math, it takes Aurora 172.44 joules PER SECOND to keep off the ground at 6.2 in/15.75 cm.

Okay, some info regarding the actual concept...

I redid the bottom/crystal, because I felt the whole area was a bit rushed, and in my first design, she had two thighs, but they led into a single lower piece, which would cause problems. So I redid that, made it more functional. I kept the outer shielding, resembling two thighs, yet I gave a rib/bar area in between, for stability and structural soundness.

I extended the "hair" plates out a bit more, and gave it more of a "bright sun" kind of feeling, considering those plates glow red hot while Aurora is active; and the space in the center of the back of her head contains a thruster, giving her better speed and balance. (Which is where the flames from the last picture comes from)

Gave her an arm-cannon, considering she's a legendary version of Series EV.

Minor details - The bolted plating instead of smooth high-tech metals. I like to think that the same mechanic who made the Mechs also created the shielding for the default Eternia Crystal, so I put a similar version of that on her lower crystal.

Really nice concept.

I would have liked to have seen either a more streamlined cannon or something fairly sizable.

Either way it looks really cool!

You should upload all the stages :) you updated it in the few mins i was of reading other posts :D

I will, it's just I was planning on removing the sketch one anyway, because even inbetween lineart and sketch, my idea went through some changes. :P

Really nice concept.

I would have liked to have seen either a more streamlined cannon or something fairly sizable.

Either way it looks really cool!

I wanted to, but I felt the mechanic would've gone for something that looked like it could be compatible with both crossbows and staffs. Of course, I wanted some epic oversized cannon myself, but given the balancing logic, I felt it would literally knock her off-balance.

Will this be implemented or was this just for fun? Either way it looks great!!!

This was just for fun, as far as I know. :P Thanks.

Will be great to see her in game!
And also now all is logically thought out.

Thanks, guys! I don't think it'll ever be put into the game, though. XD

172.44 joules isn't so much, the energy spent on moving her by 1 meter is much higher. And gravity also affects on this.
P.S. Just was thinking. Where ppl get so much energy? 1k steps needs more energy, then we got from breakfast, I think.

172.44 joules isn't so much, the energy spent on moving her by 1 meter is much higher. And gravity also affects on this.
P.S. Just was thinking. Where ppl get so much energy? 1k steps needs more energy, then we got from breakfast, I think.

Oh well, idc anymore, it's a game, logic isn't necessary..

I will, it's just I was planning on removing the sketch one anyway, because even inbetween lineart and sketch, my idea went through some changes. :P

I wanted to, but I felt the mechanic would've gone for something that looked like it could be compatible with both crossbows and staffs. Of course, I wanted some epic oversized cannon myself, but given the balancing logic, I felt it would literally knock her off-balance.

Remember, EV stores the data of weapons in her memory, not physically, so any design to the cannon can be both as modest or drastic as you wish.

Again, it looks fantastic, I just think the cannon needs work. Maybe more refined?

Remember, EV stores the data of weapons in her memory, not physically, so any design to the cannon can be both as modest or drastic as you wish.

Again, it looks fantastic, I just think the cannon needs work. Maybe more refined?

Ill do a seperate cannon design once im less tired.. And at home, cause I gave up on logic. :P