[Contest] Drawing contest "Captain Isom" reward

First you need to be polite when you talk with someone. When a person doesn't agree with you that doesnt mean he or she is stupid.

Second there is difference what you want with simple art contest. You dont want a drawing for fan art or any personal thing. You want a logo desing and drawing for an exercise team's tshirts and that is the diffirence. Thanks to that diffirence gives logo and drawing economical purpose. Actually it is little more complex but with my bad english i can only explain little (dont worry i am only bad at english when i write or talk. So yes i can understand you easily)

So if you want to learn more
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090210164712AAUwqKk

And dont forget google is your friend

Ps: No you dont need to sell winnner logo, drawing. It becomes economical when you use it for exercise team tshirt thingy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to venture off topic, simply clarify what the other person was saying.

How does he/she know that you aren't submitting whatever entries people have into an actual logo design contest?

I mean, that link he shared showed companies paying $250+ for a logo. How can anyone be sure that you aren't submitting that into an actual real world tender?

I have no opinion on the matter though. What you do is your business....

I'm not :p I already stated what I was going to do with it. Just people seem to not understand. :(

First you need to be polite when you talk with someone. When a person doesn't agree with you that doesnt mean he or she is stupid.

Second there is difference what you want with simple art contest. You dont want a drawing for fan art or any personal thing. You want a logo desing and drawing for an exercise team's tshirts and that is the diffirence. Thanks to that diffirence gives logo and drawing economical purpose. Actually it is little more complex but with my bad english i can only explain little (dont worry i am only bad at english when i write or talk. So yes i can understand you easily)

So if you want to learn more
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090210164712AAUwqKk

And dont forget google is your friend

Ps: No you dont need to sell winnner logo, drawing. It becomes economical when you use it for exercise team tshirt thingy

Economical? Expand please. I'm spending money out of my pocket to make this happen. You must be thinking i'm mass producing these shirts when I'm only making 6 l0l.

You do have a point, however, this is not for profit, It's a personal thing. He's doing 6 shirts for him and his friends, he won't sell it. It's not for profit. It's not professional. It's for fun.

This thread is not a violation of the rules. I said this line of discussion needs to end. Infractions may be given if this doesn't stop. If you're not interested in participating/helping, then please, refrain from posting.

You do have a point, however, this is not for profit, It's a personal thing. He's doing 6 shirts for him and his friends, he won't sell it. It's not for profit. It's not professional. It's for fun.

Thanks daniel. I was asking for that first. But when i couldnt find any answer, my graphic designer part become little offensive/defensive. : D
Sorry for the disturbance.

This is a grey area on our forums, and until we see someone truly abusing it, we are going to let this pass. Elmo clearly explained his intentions in the OP. He is not looking to profit economically (i.e. selling the logo as his own) from the contest.

Also, if anyone has an issue with something like this, please speak DIRECTLY to myself or to Laurawantsacow. Airing these things out publicly in such a manner scares off potential forum users. Let us try our best to make this place a positive, welcoming environment.

This does not however mean you can start posting threads specifically asking to trade ingame items for non-ingame items.

and until we see someone truly abusing it,

Just so it's said I don't expect a cube an definitely not an Isom for this as it don't quite fit your description. However I was damn bored and felt like trying out photoshop xD

Just so it's said I don't expect a cube an definitely not an Isom for this as it don't quite fit your description. However I was damn bored and felt like trying out photoshop xD

Lol I love it xD

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

lol! I guess I'm not the only one xD did this rough work just for fun :P

lol! I guess I'm not the only one xD did this rough work just for fun :P

That's awesome, I actually lol'd =)

*that awkward moment when your post is on the other page....*

Not for me. Currently this thread only shows as two pages total. I don't understand why people don't make it a habit of changing their message board settings to display the highest allowable number of posts per page. In the rare case I use a public computer to read the forums, having to change the page every few seconds drives me nuts haha.

I will have to say some of the logos are pretty good. I'm a grapic designer so I've seen some great logos in my time. Sadly, there are some conflicting problems that can't allow me to enter. I lost photoshop, illustrator, and image ready programs a long time ago, I don't own the PC version of DD, and I can't draw with pencil that well, since I used to use computer programs. I wish all people luck and the logo by "WeAreAllRobots's friend" looks professional.

Posting on behalf of my friend, the artist. I did not draw this, but he doesn't have a working account and won't need one other for this.

This is my fav one so far. Your friend did an amazing job.

Posting on behalf of my friend, the artist.
I did not draw this, but he doesn't have a working account and won't need one other for this.

I love this one. There were a few earlier that are super-cute and also extremely well done (and I love adorable things myself.) But this one, aside from looking professional, also looks completely badass. If that's the image they are going for, this fits it well.

Start submitting now, just one more day and I only have one person that showed me something.

Start submitting now, just one more day and I only have one person that showed me something.

I have a semi-nice rough draft of the name, No monster though :(