DunDef Digest 1/30/13 Discussion Thread

In this week's Digest, we talk about the new Dungeon Defenders Steam Workshop Map: Endless Boss Rush by Mischief, tomorrow's 360 Dungeon Defenders January XP event, and we have an interview with Art Director Ben Greene. I also use my ninja skills to collect some hints about what some people in this office are up to.

OH DEAR GOD, SKY O' LOVE 2 IS CONFIRMED! -___-;;;

My only prayer is that they give adequate attention to making the level play fairly after launch, with proper patching support, like they did with the original Sky o' Love. Although lowering the mob count was done ages after release, they did fix the aggro issues pretty early in that stage's life. Please don't make this like Greater Turkey Hunt, with the crippling performance issues and crashes, making the stage nigh-impossible for 99.9% of players - and then never addressing nor fixing the issues.

If you loved Sky O' Love, you'll hate this.

If you're implying it's the opposite of Sky o' Love in terms of enjoyment, you made lots of folks really happy. ^_^ If you're saying it's immensely harder than Sky o' Love, then I pray for us all. The original stage was a very creative and fun concept, and the stage looked beautiful. However, in execution, it was an absolutely torturous nightmare. Thankfully the game was being avidly patched back then, and so it was dealt with over time. In this case, I fear for that being possible with so little patch support. Like I said, good reason to be afraid: Greater Turkey Hunt.

If you loved Sky O' Love, you'll hate this.

What sick twisted creature loved Sky of Love?

Although if this means possibilty of Ult Goblin Cupid I would endear a second beating to get one.

OH DEAR GOD, SKY O' LOVE 2 IS CONFIRMED! -___-;;;

this ^^

We knew this was a possibility...i just wonder how they will involve their new love for evil heroes? Looks like maybe more herding or sorting, "breaking hearts" keeping a group rounded up?

I better get ultimate++ rewards if i mange to beat the succesor to Pink poisoned cotten candy of death on nm hc!
Just saying if we have to deal with a dozen mega cupids it better be worth our time.

Think Golden Mega Cupid's and Evil Hero's all with past a Billion health.

Although another plus side to this new map could be new Valentine Access which could = or surpass the X-mas ones. Which may look amazing.

Well. Sky of Love 2.01191239871287619810891298634192876.
I hate you.

I dm'd you on Twitter Laura ^-^

yeah there gonna make us pair bosses yeah!
Or at least evil heroes.
If I actualy enjoy this map it will be the biggest shock in a long time!!!!!!!!!

They'll probably make us keep the two genders apart which would explain Its almost time to break some hearts" and "If you loved Sky O' Love, you'll hate this."

There was a horrible pun in that digest ill give whomever can find it a prize ;)
"Hes nearby making small talk, but that wont last long."?

"Take down so many enemies that people would want to write odes and haikus in your honor" ?

"I want to be the very best like no one ever was.
To beat them is my real test, to stop them is my cause."

"I want to be the very best like no one ever was.
To beat them is my real test, to stop them is my cause."

...to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause....Gotta catch 'em all....Pokemon!

...to catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause....Gotta catch 'em all....Pokemon!

Defiantly a pun so i may have nailed it. then again they use a LOT of puns lol.

They'll probably make us keep the two genders apart which would explain Its almost time to break some hearts" and "If you loved Sky O' Love, you'll hate this."

This actually makes perfect sense, not to mention it fits with the picture that was posted. Very nice deduction! It already sounds immensely better than Sky o' Love, but then again that's like saying something smells better than a month-old corpse. ^_^;; Also agree with the very realistic worries posted by people above. The Holiday stages don't have the best track record. Both Halloween stages were great, and Winter Wonderland is great; while the rest are nigh-universally despised. A few could be considered legalized torture.

then again that's like saying something smells better than a month-old corpse. ^_^;;

A few could be considered legalized torture.

There ya go my friend both those statements are bound to hit peoples signature LOL. Your a legend now LOL!

Oh god Sky of Love 2?

I really hope that's just a new survival map with gender enemies.

Seriously, I still have nightmares from original Sky O' Love.

If it's as bad as pre-nerfs SOL, at least try to make it as bug free as possible. There were some hilariously bad bugs on the first version or two of SOL.

You guys need to look at the positive side of this, if they make a much harder version of sky o love then we'll also get a higher quality goblin cupid pet.

Why yes good sir I would love a 450 up ult++ Goblin Cupid!

With a 9k+ starting base YES YES Ult++cupid very good thing yes!

No clue if even close to possable but I love the idea for sure.