[Warning]-Planned Steam Downtime Today (Tuesday) 1/29 4PM PST (7PM EST)

Hello all. VALVe will be doing scheduled maintenance on the steam servers this afternoon at 4PM PST (7PM EST). This will cause interruptions in connectivity for DD players. Plan your defending sessions accordingly.

Official announcement (as well as future announcements) can be found HERE

Hello all. VALVe will be doing scheduled maintenance on the steam servers this afternoon at 4PM PST (7PM EST). This will cause interruptions in connectivity for DD players. Plan your defending sessions accordingly.

Official announcement (as well as future announcements) can be found HERE

I feel they do this every freakin week and sometimes they do it the day afterwards for 'fun'. :)

Downtime usually isn't to terribly long though. Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

True, but no matter how long it is it still kills survivals. It sucks so much to have just finished the build for a survival when steam decides to dc.

oh man I got so lucky with this. Just finished an Aka run, went to tavern and no less then 30 seconds later, boom!

I just wonder why the maintenance is done in the afternoon, when this is usually the time the highest amount of players are signed in.

I feel they do this every freakin week and sometimes they do it the day afterwards for 'fun'. :)

It's their "planned weekly server maintenance," why wouldn't they do it every week? Unless you were being sarcastic, haha. With all but a few exceptions, it happens on either Tuesday or Wednesday evenings (sometimes both, but not as commonly) and around the same time. I always watch the official Steam downtime threads like a hawk on those days. It sucks for me, too, because Tues-Weds are my days off work. -_-;; I just try and play late-night those days, but it does suck when many of my friends want to play right around when the downtime occurs. That leads into the other post...

I just wonder why the maintenance is done in the afternoon, when this is usually the time the highest amount of players are signed in.

That always bothered me, too. It would make more sense to do it at 4:00am PST, rather than 4:00pm. But if anything, maybe they need it to happen during a high-demand time of day in order to test properly if the servers are back up and handling the full-scale load. They've said before that they gauge the official "end of maintenance, all is a go" as being when they see over one million active users back online after the server update is finished. Maybe the population overnight, in Pacific Time, is not enough to get a sample size going?

You are actually incorrect on this assumption. If you take a look at the stats page HERE, you can see that around 4PM PST, while not the very bottom of the user curve, it is well into the daily down slope of the active steam user base. You have to remember that Steam is world wide, yes im sure alot of US users are just logging on at that point, but there are even more users logging off from the rest of the world.

I will need to check the forums more often for this. Thanks for posting.

At least advance notice was sent out. But, I was in Akatiti NMHC carrying AFK's... "Boss is approaching.... 5...4...3...2...1", Then "Searching for Connection" (or server, or something like that). The timing couldn't have been better. :)

I will need to check the forums more often for this. Thanks for posting.

At least advance notice was sent out. But, I was in Akatiti NMHC carrying AFK's... "Boss is approaching.... 5...4...3...2...1", Then "Searching for Connection" (or server, or something like that). The timing couldn't have been better. :)

I have tried to convince VALVe (and will continue to try and convince them) to create and official steam community group for downtime. Using this, announcements could be pushed to all users prior to the down time.

Even though you reminded me and I knew about it, guess how steam reminded me :( hehe.

Thanks for trying or at least taking the blame off Trendy for Steams downtimes (they get blammed alot for these).