Why is the E-Cannon so strong/so expensive/so sought after?

Hi, I was just wondering why the Eternian Energy Cannon is so sought after. All of the ultimate ones that I have seen have stats lower than the Pawn Shot, yet they are consistently valuated at more than 200% the value of Pawn Shots with better stats attached.

Can anyone explain this to me? Is there a unique mechanic which I do not understand?

Thanks.

If I recall correctly eternian cannons shoot 7.5 shots a second while Pawn Shots shoot 4.5 making the eternian a lot stronger with less stats attached.

i prefer kry over pawn

pawn shot only good for ev for proton beam

i wish i had a good e cannon but rng not nice so i gave up and stuck with a kry for my hunter

I've warmed considerably to the Kryt on my ranger. I love the ROF.

Plus, my intense burning hatred of CD means that I'll probably never own an E-Cannon, so Kryt it is.

Because it's attack spd is very fast and its damage is significant and it is so very hard to hunt a good one.

[c3;795012']speaking on this subject, are the insane rewards for this any good? or are they pretty balls like aquanos insane rewards?

I think CD rewards a different set for insane (ie. easy-> insane are the same, rather than the normal easy->hard).
pawn shot only good for ev for proton beam

What he said. Slow fire rate makes them really bad as a normal weapon (even though it says 8, it lies, badly)

I think CD rewards a different set for insane (ie. easy-> insane are the same, rather than the normal easy->hard).

What he said. Slow fire rate makes them really bad as a normal weapon (even though it says 8, it lies, badly)

He said about proton beam, which always have same attack spd.

He said about proton beam, which always have same attack spd.

Read it again. I said it sucks for anything other than proton blast...

the amount listed in the item info isnt its shots per second anyway, so you can never trust that. just like with pets, its a multiplier to the actual fire rate for a given weapon.