i know these things suck like, 100% of the time, but, has anyone gotten a "decent" one of these before?

i got this one the other day, and it was one of the best i have seen so i decided to keep it just to check it out...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/576727537234245452/456A7F3D6E88C0848CBB4EE08E33EE855EBA18BF/

i got it from nightmare mixed mode (non-hardcore). it does 10,500 damage in the tavern and 18,000 damage in nightmare as is.

Definitely a good one :) However, 'decent' is quite relative these days. Old Shards loots (both weapons and pets) will never be updated, so mid-range Trans is the best you can hope for. Also I'm pretty sure Poison Monsters are immune to the Shroomite, limiting its' usefulness. Still, that is definitely good within the limited range available. You should keep it just for showing off.

ill have to test that out. the damage it was doing was physical, but everything slow related in this game is poison-based, so, i guess we will see. i really just want to keep it to see how much damage it can actually do.

I don't recall if the Shroomite's attack is AoE (Area of Effect). If it is, then high-end version could possibly be a good mid-range utility damage pet.

Best thing about this pet is that just 1 point of damage from it will interrupt a djinn's desummon, while other sources of interrupt damage require a set (7%? more?) percent of the djinn hp to interrupt a desummon.

So for players with low dps, even a bad shroomite is a djinn's worse nightmare. :)

I believe donkey has a str drain like effect, I got a really good one with about 200 or more ups and decent hero stats, debating on the choice of using it to farm sky city cats.

I have never noticed it in game play, but the wiki says that Djinn have a weakness to donkeys and that donkeys will stun them.

lol...I seriously was asking if anyone knew if donkeys could be used for the same purpose that the OP found for shroomites...

the donkeys hit a good deal harder than the shroomite pets, and using them as DPS pets isnt strictly a bad idea, there are just other pets that do it better. if i had to guess what the wiki meant though, i would say it probably means it always interrupts the djinns. i cant confirm or deny this though.

If Shroomite's attack were AoE slowing of both movement & attack speed and worked against all monsters, then it might be viable. Similarly, if Donkey's attack was Strength Drain and Elemental removal, it would be quite formidable, even permitting the use of elemental based weapons. Unfortunately, such changes to gameplay would be quite significant, and still require updating stat potential. As such, it's never gonna happen.