Item Lost while trading (Both ways)

People Involved(SID) : Kaivy, Max Glenhill
Time : 12:50 PM Australia time

We were trading a green cube (Kaivy) for a set of Trans and Ult mixed armor (Max Glenhill)this afternoon (Australia time).
Unfortunately, Steam suddenly disconnected, so it took us roughly about 2-3 minutes to get back on dungeon defenders.
However, when I (Kaivy) connect to Max Glenhill's server, it was really laggy, so I quit and attempted to join in again.
The server was less laggy this time, so we initiated trade, stored our items in and clicked confirm. Just as the trading screen disappears and we opened up our inventory, we both found out that our items were gone, both cube and the set of armor.

Me and Max would like to have both the cube and the set of armor back, and also wanted this bug to be fix in the future.

This is a known trade bug, however Trendy cannot restore your items. I have lost items in this as well, only advice is never trade when tavern is laggy.

This is a known trade bug, however Trendy cannot restore your items. I have lost items in this as well, only advice is never trade when tavern is laggy.

So this is what they do?
They neither recover your item nor fix the bug
okay trendy, you win

Lost items can be restored, just not those lost by the trade bug. The issue is unlike a simple loss due to a saving glitch or something, they can not prove that the other person didn't recieve your items or vice versa, so there is risk of duplication and abuse in the form of saying people had the trade bug but didn't (They have no way to tell).

Unfortunately, that's the way it is. Sorry. :(