Is DPS Jester viable?

I have only seen 2 DPS jester so far...
There are so many different opinions about DPS Jester
Some people say Jester should be tower build
Some people say Jester is the best ranged DPS
Some people say Jester is the worst DPS since she doesnt have any boost (e.g. Hero boost)
Some people say Jester is a class that is ONLY for trolling other people

Therefore, when i try to sum things up, it does not make any sense

Im currently playing ranged monkM
and I'm thinking that if Jester beats Monk overall, I might switch mains

Thus, please sum things up a little for me? Mainly base on
DPS Jester vs DPS Huntress vs DPS Monk

Thank you!

Jester is amazing for DPS and upgrading as she has very high cast.

Monk>Jester>Hunt

But if you're doing the first few waves of something, or generally anything that isn't a boss fight, use Jester with genie

Jester is amazing for DPS and upgrading as she has very high cast.

Monk>Jester>Hunt

But if you're doing the first few waves of something, or generally anything that isn't a boss fight, use Jester with genie

If you're towers are good enough, I'd say DPS Summoner with monkey and genie is the best way to start a round. Monkey shoots hard at long distance, genie gives you a silly amount of mana for it. While you upgrade, you just keep gaining mana for what feels like no reason. XD

In terms of DPS, Jester with a classic's staff has the highest sustained DPS in the entire game imo. With a 215 boost cat and a monk with 5400 hero boost, along with a 63K Classics on my jester with about 5000-5200 hero damage (pretty much as good as it gets, maybe could be a little better), I did 460m constant DPS on tavern dummy.

Barbarian is the best burst DPS with hawk stance of course. Barbarian's sustained attack combo alone with only his cat only puts out about 50-80m DPS with good gear iirc. With hawk and monk boost, I've seen him break 1 billion DPS on tavern dummy.

As for monk, he's the best late wave support DPS. Boosts are just really good. Nothing I really need to say about that. As for ranged DPS, with cat and boost I've seen monks do about 110m sustained DPS on tavern dummy, so nothin really to brag about there. I don't use melle on monk so I don't really know the upper bounds there. As for seahorses, a 22K seahorse with end-game gear can do 60m DPS in NM, which is DEFINITELY something to brag about. That's the equivelent of doing about 360M DPS in tavern... and that's just the pet. O.o

Since jester DPS with a classic's staff relies on him being close to the target for maximum effectiveness, the best ranged DPS is huntress imo. With everything boosting and a nice pawn, I'm pretty sure piercing arrow can break 250m damage in tavern.

DPS EV, in my opinion, isn't as viable as other choices. Photon beam requires you spend a great deal of mana, moreso that anything else I can think of atm. So while that is a possibility for EV, you won't have as many opportunities to use it.

All of the above was tested with a 215 Boost cat, and a separate monk built for nothing but hero boost. The separate monk has about 5400 hero boost with a supreme set. That's enough to cap pet damage boost at exactly 4x and enough to get hero dps boost by a factor of 4.05x.

DPS jester with a good staff (read: classics) is an extremely strong all round character. WoF is incredibly powerful in later stages of the game (map wide 40-50 kills, 4-7 of which are normally ogres; Healing every friendly object for 50+% HP...), with a genie + staff you can get a full pack of mana in 1 swing, incredibly fast both running and casting, and stupidly high damage (with aforementioned stave)

In terms of DPS, Jester with a classic's staff has the highest sustained DPS in the entire game imo. With a 215 boost cat and a monk with 5400 hero boost, along with a 63K Classics on my jester with about 5000-5200 hero damage (pretty much as good as it gets, maybe could be a little better), I did 460m constant DPS on tavern dummy.

EV easily wins for constant damage.

182k pawn, 4k hero, 3.3k proton blast == 72M all on its own. With monk + cat it gets over 500M. Thats with a 75% trans set too :D

Jester is a very strong and viable dps when boosted by a cat or any other player, but I would say having a monk is better when standing by itself. In a game with multiple players, you can almost always go jester because someone else will have a monk. In terms of raw DPS, the jester is not at the top, but it really shines when you monk boost it, put a cat on, charge staff micro, and then top it of with the wheel of fortuna.

Huntress is for lolz and only should be used by players who don't care if their dps is high end or not.

DPS jester with a good staff (read: classics) is an extremely strong all round character. WoF is incredibly powerful in later stages of the game (map wide 40-50 kills, 4-7 of which are normally ogres; Healing every friendly object for 50+% HP...), with a genie + staff you can get a full pack of mana in 1 swing, incredibly fast both running and casting, and stupidly high damage (with aforementioned stave)

EV easily wins for constant damage.

182k pawn, 4k hero, 3.3k proton blast == 72M all on its own. With monk + cat it gets over 500M. Thats with a 75% trans set too :D

At the cost of a lot of mana, and since that mana will eventually run out, I don't consider that necessarily constant DPS. Prolonged, maybe. But not constant.

Jester = High Utility, High Durability, Low(er) damage.
-> Scales less effectively than Huntress with hero damage, does not have the steroids that monks have.
-> Has similar hero health scaling to a barbarian.
-> Quickest cast time.
-> Quickest movement speed.
-> Wheel o' Fortuna is excellent; all-heal tower + allies is incredibly strong, esp. for solo, buff allies is a weak steroid but applies to everyone for long(ish) duration and has an extremely small mana cost.

I've never really heard anyone yet saying that jester should be a tower char. In means of upgrading, ofc its good especially paired with a genie. And if we see what one can get out of it, I've always looked at it as one of the best ranged DPS chars (with crested), despite it not having any boost skills on its own.

And as posted above wheel'o'fortuna is a nice addition.