How do you build your summoner?

As we all know, summoners generally build for THP and TAttack.
Recently though, I've noticed that most summoners (at least the ones I've met) put heavy emphasis on attack over hitpoints.

As I generally use minions as living walls, I generally put more emphasis on hitpoints over attack. My towers, on the other hand are rather fragile, but sport a lot of attack and rate. My philosophy is after all, if the towers are not getting hit, then their hitpoints are irrelevant.

I was wondering how others do it and if I'm in the minority here with the minion walls. Do most people use them more for extra DPS rather than as walls?

I think most people use them as walls, as they walk back when pushed by sharken.

Prioritising damage can be done because this also scales the mage heal up, bringing the most important thing: they auto heal with a mage, so they need less hp.

They also have a nice health per stat point ratio, so I got for a 0.5 thp, 1 tdmg ratio.

Prioritising damage can be done because this also scales the mage heal up, bringing the most important thing: they auto heal with a mage, so they need less hp.

That's news to me. Can anyone else confirm this? I've always thought the mage healing depends purely on the percentage of the total HP of the minion being healed.

Attack should always be higher than HP, but not by a lot until you get really high stats (over 9000!), then i suggest no more than 3-3.5k total HP.

The faster you kill something, the less HP you need. Basically 2.5k HP is to not get 1 shot by ogre choppers.

I have 1200 att, 300 hp, 800 range and 1100 att spd on my summoner. Quite good, mage heals all my archers under TBBs.
Ogres are quite bad as walls on small maps, because there are too much holes and goblins get to my crystals.

Attack should always be higher than HP, but not by a lot until you get really high stats (over 9000!), then i suggest no more than 3-3.5k total HP.

The faster you kill something, the less HP you need. Basically 2.5k HP is to not get 1 shot by ogre choppers.

Lol, 9k stats is unreal even with full set of high end of ult++ and sup accs.

• 4 weeks later...
HP is something you can have "enough" of. With buffs and mitigation, survivability increases significantly. If you get to the point of not needing more HP, then you're better off investing points elsewhere.

How much punishment minion walls can take will synergize with tower HP of your buff beams (resists) and tower damage of your aura monk (strength drain enemy %) so you can probably get away with a lot less minion HP once those multiplicative benefits add up. Some people haven't really built up a buffer on the same tier (i.e. EV on low myths while their summoner is 3k+) as their other builders and I feel this has some practical effect. I know people have shown with raw data how terrible those scaling is, but I feel practically speaking, small percentages add up since those beams synergize with everything in multiple ways.

From what I've seen, summoner HP falls to about half or a little over half of summoner damage (1.5/3k, 2.5k/4k) until armor can double cap, which means most people are putting every armor upgrade point into tower damage. At 78, you get about 500 discretionary points so you can distribute those however you want if you feel your minions need a bit of durability. At least duo capped kobolds also help alot.

• 1 month later...
Lol, 9k stats is unreal even with full set of high end of ult++ and sup accs.

I saw a guy who had about 14k tower stats. Is this unreasonable?

1) it depends on your aura monk's Strength drain auaras as to how much HP you will need.
2) 2500 tower hp is 100% sufficient for almost every map if you do not put your mages on the buff beam wall.
3) 3500 tower hp is my sweet spot between they can take an insane beating without you having to constantly check up on your minions.
4) Attack rate actually does increase with more points... it just scales so bad that people pretend it doesn't help after 1500-1800 ish.
5) I put everything left into attack after I get the HP that I want.

just thought I'd expand upon my previous thoughts.