The annoying things of dungeon defenders

This game is great, don't get me wrong. I've put about 150 hours into it so far, but there's many things in this game that are annoying and badly designed. This thread is here for you to post those things! Who knows maybe someone high up will take notice and get things fixed! I'll start!

• When at server list, having to go back to the main menu to change heroes
  • Item stash/afk shops, have to drag and drop every single item to sort then price each and every item individually
  • Mana disappears
  • Items disappear

These are just a couple things I run into all the time that annoy me. What about you guys?

A copter that decide to take a scenic route and dismantle the entire defense from a blind spot.

Mobs getting stuck in terrain and/or each other.

The "SUPER" mobs.

Random crystal deaths.

Dark Elf Warriors

RNG; the sole reason this game has so many hackers.
"Best" weapon campaign drops (gladius, pawn shot, etcetc). Makes even random Ult++ weapons with 350+^s completely worthless.
The fact that you can outgear most of the maps because of their static difficulty, making them not fun to do anymore (Dunno about you guys, but to me, in a tower defense game, that's bad)
The game's very... peculiar way of how the servers work. Frequent disconnects, anyone?

[QUOTE]Item stash/afk shops, have to drag and drop every single item to sort then price each and every item individually
Mana disappears
Items disappear[/QUOTE]first thing: I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying you want to just batch price all of your items to 1 price simultaneously? Not trying to be critical here, that just doesn't sound very useful to me.

The other two things are normal. there can only be so many items and so many mana tokens in a map at one time for performance reasons. That's not bad design, that's intended so your PC doesn't explode.

The most annoying thing for me in the game is when my crystal dies and I have no idea why :demon:

the most annoying thing to me in the game honestly is no low-end clamp on how bad items can spawn based on wave number. that alone would do so much to improve the timesink of the various game modes.

as to the disappearing mana and items alhanalem, im pretty sure what he is talking about is how at wave end you are just as likely to have 12 items left on the ground as you are 70. and with mana, particularly on the newer maps, but it happens a lot since they have changed how mobs spawn in general (from all spawns at once as opposed to cycles), mana has a tendency to despawn right in front of your face during gameplay making mana accumulation a long and unnecessarily difficult process.

placing items in the shop is a clunky mechanic at best, but that is because the UI doesnt work well with the current boundaries of the game.

Things I don't like are:
1. Go negative.
2. Negative reload speed on huntress weapons.
3. Numerous odd balance issues that were never fixed/addressed.
4. Being told the development team was moving on to bigger and better things.
5. Game doesn't run very smoothly on my FX-8350.

first thing: I'm not sure what you're saying. Are you saying you want to just batch price all of your items to 1 price simultaneously? Not trying to be critical here, that just doesn't sound very useful to me.

Not the OP but, my primary way of stockpiling mana is to farm an end game survival and pick up every trans+ piece that drops. If they aren't good enough to equip or stockpile away, I filter them all to my shop and price them identically so that they sell quickly. If they aren't worth keeping, they aren't worth taking the time to individually price. I'd rather just auto price them all to something that is guaranteed to sell quickly and open up my shop when I go to bed. Max market value for an item has very little concern to me in comparison to what will sell in a short amount of time. I'm sure plenty of people have made lots of mana buying my lowball priced stuff and reselling it for 2x what I do but that really doesn't concern me too much.

A button similar to sell all (called price all) which works at the folder level would be a clean way to handle this.

SO MANY CRASHES! Mostly when I start a new game, sometimes in the middle of the game.

You may want to run a memtest. This game is very unforgiving when it comes to memory errors and crashed continuously for me when I had a stick of ram go bad. Since I replaced it the game hasn't crashed once.

You may want to run a memtest. This game is very unforgiving when it comes to memory errors and crashed continuously for me when I had a stick of ram go bad. Since I replaced it the game hasn't crashed once.

What is memtest? And I have 8GB ram...

You want the most annoying thing about this game? Here:

It's like, every single time I finally convince myself to run survivals again, this reminds me why I avoid them like the plague. My playtime in this game is diminishing extremely quickly thanks to this, I'm sick of getting kicked from 1-2hr+ games because someone put their socks on too loud near the Steam servers. Rubbish.

I decided to run KG survival yesterday. Got upgrade defenses on like, the 3rd tile followed shortly by upgrade DU. Wave ended, finished my build, got upgrade defenses almost immediately (again, maybe 3rd or 4th tile) when, you guessed it, disconnect.

Ragequit DD immediately and went back to killing off my Sims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I decided to run KG survival yesterday. Got upgrade defenses on like, the 3rd tile followed shortly by upgrade DU. Wave ended, finished my build, got upgrade defenses almost immediately (again, maybe 3rd or 4th tile) when, you guessed it, disconnect.

Ragequit DD immediately and went back to killing off my Sims.

I must say, that's the worst DC I've heard of happening. Only worse DC I can imagine is when you finally see a good ult piece drop, you run to grab i- DC. Never happened(thankfully)

Its a a diag tool to test bad sectors on your RAM, it has nothing to do with how much you have, more to do with how the game and system executes information.

I must say, that's the worst DC I've heard of happening. Only worse DC I can imagine is when you finally see a good ult piece drop, you run to grab i- DC. Never happened(thankfully)

It hit me hard, right in the feels. :(

Memtest is a diagnostic tool that scans through each sector of your physical memory and determines if any of it has gone bad. RAM is built up of individual bins that each store small amounts of data and if one of those bins isn't working correctly and the game happens to try and write data to it, it could crash.

http://www.memtest.org/

This is a site that lets you download a bootable .iso that you can in turn burn to a cd. You can boot directly from this cd into the memtest program and it'll run on a loop for as long as you let it. It becomes apparent pretty quickly if you have a bad stick of memory because errors will be thrown left and right.

Depending on how new your computer is or what brand of RAM you have in it, a bad stick may still have a warranty associated with it that will replace it for you. Many of the better known brands come with a lifetime warranty.

This may not be your issue but it's definitely a free (and relatively easy) check you can perform to rule at least one thing out of the equation. If RAM isn't the issue, the next place I would look is whether any parts of your system are overheating when under high load.

The worst part is definitely the disconnects.

Other stuff that is annoying but tolerable:

Survival just giving generic amounts of mana when you start at higher waves. I'd rather it remember an amount of mana that I spent previously, making it easier to restart when the #1 worst part of DD crops up.

Mana disappearing rather than condensing.

Excess mana above a character's carrying capacity being lost rather than splitting off. How many times have you had 500 mana "fill" your last 10-15? Is that not awesome when you had a use for the other 400+ of it?

Related to the above: mana crystals still being attracted to characters who can't hold more than 75% of its value.

No clamps on the lower-bounds for item generation. 50% reduction of negative range for mythical, 75% for Trans, and no negative stats of any kind Ultimate and above.

Stat roll overs. No. Bad.

Mana-cost ramps being way out of touch with mana-earned rates till basically level capped farming NM everything. Because apparently people in the mythical to low-end trans range don't need mana? I mean...my next weapon only costs nearly 3billion to fully upgrade.

Items despawned not being distributed directly to the player's mana bank.

Virtually all pre-mythical pets being worthless for dps. They should *all* scale with hero attack durrr?? Also...un-nerf certain pets on NM. That's just mean.

Summoners randomly getting splattered while in overlord or phase shift. "Hahahah! I'm invulnerable and I...am now dead? WTF?!"

Boss Rush Dragon being deliberately out of weapon range, requiring PITA ballistas to do any damage to. What? I said annoying but tolerable! That qualifies!

I'll add another to my list.

GOLDEN enemies, especially GOLDEN DARK ELF WARRIORS. 11m hp on those thing and hits much harder than an ogre even in str drain, like 100k hp gone and I has 90% resist. Not fun.

Just thought of a new one, you can only level up pets 1 point at time, so if you do a high exp map with a new pet you could spend 2 minutes just clicking a +1 stat button.

golden wyverns/fish wyverns.

crystals right in front of spawn points.

mix mode scorecards filling every viewable inch of the game screen.

wizard/skeleton orgies getting caught in infinite summon/heal/resurrect loops.

kobolds lighting up while still having immunity.

goblin copters being 10 miles away from you and crashing on your head smashing it out your ******* when they die.

intentional 1-shotting by bosses.

spiders.

invisible geometry/holes to get stuck on.