Common Knowledge

Message added by Escev

Enigma 1
UKW B

Here's a little thing I stumbled on that after a year of playing I've never seen mentioned, and I'd like to share. When you're mid game and need to repair/sell/upgrade a trap, but can't seem to select it under cursor, mouse over the spot it should be (with repair/sell/upgrade activated) and press E. This will cycle through the traps in that spot.
Another good one, though most eventually figure it out, is the apprentice auto-fire. Click and hold left mouse then click and hold right mouse also. This is a finger saver when mob clearing, though it deals the staff's minimum damage.
I hope this helps at least one person. :) Add to it if you like.

There is tons of little conveniences like that which many people don't know about because they are NEVER mentioned in the game.

For example, it took me over 2000 hours to realize I can distribute my hero points in chunks using the Ctrl and Shift keys, and over 2500 to find out heroes can be sorted in the hero select screen using the Alt key.

I think it is really time for the loading screen messages to be updated or something. :D

Here's a little thing I stumbled on that after a year of playing I've never seen mentioned, and I'd like to share. When you're mid game and need to repair/sell/upgrade a trap, but can't seem to select it under cursor, mouse over the spot it should be (with repair/sell/upgrade activated) and press E. This will cycle through the traps in that spot.

I use the +/- keys. After the first time, I use whichever ones gets me to the desired defense faster.

Another good one, though most eventually figure it out, is the apprentice auto-fire. Click and hold left mouse then click and hold right mouse also. This is a finger saver when mob clearing, though it deals the staff's minimum damage.
I hope this helps at least one person. :) Add to it if you like.

For a staff with decent charge, this drops the dps output horribly, unfortunately.

I actually wish the tooltips would tell people the basics, like upgrading resists (incl. 10th level overcaps), armor set bonuses, and mana generation with a genie/djinnlet. Maybe it's in there, but I always see useless tips, like upgrade don't repair and repair don't upgrade.

I actually wish the tooltips would tell people the basics, like upgrading resists (incl. 10th level overcaps), armor set bonuses, and mana generation with a genie/djinnlet. Maybe it's in there, but I always see useless tips, like upgrade don't repair and repair don't upgrade.

That's actually something Trendy could do with few developer resources and help a lot of people.

Trendy, you listening? :)

Here's another thing I found out recently I commonly use this on assault, if you hit te button in the top of the mouse go to hero there's an option which says detonate trap which basically does what it's called. Found this out when checking out my jester.

question: does the "score" equal how much exp you've earned? or is that unrelated to experience gains?