NMHC Cat farm help ..... Few questions

So i easily have the stats to hold down one crystal without problem. However, the crystals that i build auras and traps at just die to random birds or genies sucking auras. Ihis my monk not having good enough stats? im like 2000/3300/2500/2500 tower stats... however it never works. is there a trick to placement? i placed my auras exactly where most guides stay to post it, and same with traps.

However those crystals just die randomly to birds.. I made it to wave 23 from i dont know how.. just luck.

But if any of you had this problem or have figured out why this happens lemme know on this thread, or add me on steam: sjsergenti

edit- just to clarify, this is nightmare hardcore Sky city: starting wave 23

Keyword being randomly, I'd also like to know how people build south crystal, because for me sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I put 1 strength drain at the crystal, electric and ensnare on the sides together with 1 gas, 1 proxy, 1 inferno.

Genies shouldn't suck auras if you don't upgrade them.

The key to single crystal builds is to only upgrade the towers at the "main" crystal and leave the other crystals completely unupgraded. That way, all the djinns will be drawn to your "main" crystal.

For cat farm, I build all the turrets and minions at the South core and leave the Mid and North cores with only unupgraded auras, gas traps and Inferno traps buffed by a single unupgraded Buff Beam.

Trying to leave South alone has resulted in Golden orcs getting through in the past, so I personally recommend defending South and leaving the other two cores alone.

Your stats sound about right, but if you have trouble with your auras dying down, use Jester as your active hero and use the "Heal All" combo (three red bottles).

Genies shouldn't suck auras if you don't upgrade them.

The key to single crystal builds is to only upgrade the towers at the "main" crystal and leave the other crystals completely unupgraded. That way, all the djinns will be drawn to your "main" crystal.

For cat farm, I build all the turrets and minions at the South core and leave the Mid and North cores with only unupgraded auras, gas traps and Inferno traps buffed by a single unupgraded Buff Beam.

Trying to leave South alone has resulted in Golden orcs getting through in the past, so I personally recommend defending South and leaving the other two cores alone.

Your stats sound about right, but if you have trouble with your auras dying down, use Jester as your active hero and use the "Heal All" combo (three red bottles).

i mostly die to birds getting to my crystal. I dont know why or how. but thats what the main culprit really

I use Commish's build for cat farm and so far it always works :P
http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?90282-GUIDE-4-Propeller-Cats-in-Under-15-Minutes-(Box-of-Devastation-Build-Sky-City)

My tower placements might be somewhat different, but as long as the auras cover the south crystal and the traps are around to protect it from stray golden monsters, the south crystal should be fine. I can show you in game how I place them if you want.

I just use tri-aura with 2 proxy on a beam at 2 crystals with everything else at S, never had a fail.. sounds like you are adding to many players and you aura stats dont quite make it ok.

One aura stack, 2 trap stacks and shock beams around the crystal in a triangle and another on the north side of the crystal to get a double shock. I ended up adding a etheral spike on the south side of the crystal by taking all my armor off and placing it real close (do this before placing your other traps so only one has to be healded/upgraded when you put the gear back on). This helps kill off those goldens easily with the shockbeams working together. You can upgrade everything once but leave the buff beam un-upgraded as that is what draws djinns when you have the east crystal all upgraded. I found using the darkness trap and no str drain works for me (no need to repair that aura mid round if I'm not on my summoner), but if they're getting through the str drain may be better for you so if they hit, it hurts less.