I want to buy OP armor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learnt to ignore the hackers in the very fact and continue playing the game like any other online games.

Every online games has its fair share of hackers, some game are more heavily affected by them, some other not so. I am glad to say DD is required 70% skillful play (always amused by how Draemn abuses game mechanics), and 30% equipment.

The said 2 types of hackers out there
1) Hack auras dmg to a high damage, and then farm legit items?
2) Hack legit / possible items.
These 2 above does not affect us at all. For at the end of times, our skillful play determines who we are. Nobody knows you for having great item pieces, but if you can are able to come out strategies quicker than others or solve difficult maps like Sky-O-Love, yes very difficult I struggle to complete it, and still struggling, and I refuse to accept any help or your strategy. This map of love will remain a challenge for me and my GF.

Myself, and I hope everyone here, will reconcile with this fact of the existence of hackers. If due to the fact hackers exists and we do not trade items, then we let hackers not spoil the market, but destroy the trading community. And if you do not trade, don't think of getting the great pieces out there. I have farmed good ult pieces before, but I have yet to make a set from them. Effectively, if 1 out of 5 pieces ult drops are useful, you'd have to farm 5 x 5 type of sets x 4 parts that is 100 ult pieces before you can make 1 set, general calculation. That is why I decided to trade. I sell away lousier ulti parts, maybe 2 or 3 pieces together for a cube, get more cubes and use them to buy the pieces / sets. As long as the stats looks fine, who is to judge if it's hack or not. Nobody can even tell. I have played many online games and most of them are facing the same problem with hackers.

The truth is, the real hackers out there do not need trading with you. And the real hackers are too clever to expose themselves. The keep their hacking method 'private'. From experience, I am sure if you dwell deep and dark enough, it is possible to create cubes of out nothingness, maybe even fiddle with the databases. These expert hackers are sane not to spoil market or sorts as they generally want to participate in it as legit players.

The leeches who have no idea what hacking is all about (someone mentioned there are 1000 youtube videos teaching how to mod items in DD) are so stupid and knows so little they cannot harm the market. A simple look and you know they are hacked. These people being lazy by nature, are lousy players. I bet they cant build maps for nuts. And they can't play in public, for they will be exposed. Not so much harm done there.

Those who make sets and sell, who spoils the market, are in actual fact benefiting the hardcore players. Why? Because they bring in items which looks legit, passes item check, and you buy it for in fact, an amount lesser than it is really worth. You, who is a skillful player now gets enhanced by these equipment. It is not difficult to know who is skillful and not. Those who can't build many maps and have crazy items mostly are such people. Being 'carried' is a hoax, for at some point of time you'll have to walk by yourself. The hackers remain stupid and clumsy, unable to clear a map by themselves, while you get the items you always wanted to farm. In short, hackers remain stupid, and the real players gain wisdom and more wisdom and more wisdom.

If you think along this line, which I do, life will be so much better. That's what I meant by reconciling with yourself. I bet trendy knows who hacks and don't, they just do not care because it is simply not worth the time to. If the developers choose to ignore them and get a move on in life, come on guys lets give assume hackers don't exists. If we do, at the end of days, the hackers will get bored, because DD is a game where only by playing with the strategy comes satisfaction. A couple of hacked items or a giant sphere of apocalypse (auras) is boring. Those who play this game, who crack our brains thinking of strategies and how to lure monsters away from crystal or how to exploit the game mechanics further will know that true fun comes from these.

Of course, sometimes we reward ourselves, come to the forum, trade a little, get some upgrades, and go back to the game. At the end of day life goes on. Hackers? Never once existed, never once significant, never once mentioned, they are so not worth any of our time. hey but that being said, taking SS of hackers wearing hacked items and reporting them is a fun activity i always do. Open an AFk shop and half the time, 2 or 3 hackers will indefinitely pop by, I'll ninja a few SS and report them. Wow that feeling doesn't lose out to beating the moment 'finally only 1 last boss remains on WW'.

Hackers always exist. In any games. If we accept this fact and move on playing our game, forming real community, real guilds, real group and play together, the good players will unite leaving the hackers to themselves. Is a group of hacker playing together fun? I can't see where the fun comes from. Make a big aura and all AFK and talk about who managed to hack more items during survival waves and then say: hey actually 1 wave is enough to make 10sets of ult items.

Let's just stick to how it is now. Unite the builders AND those who discuss about map builds, these are the real players out there who enjoy playing this game, shun away from "DPS" or non-builder players.

My own verdict: those who build 99% legit players, 1% hackers who attempt hard enough to play legitly.
My own verdict: Can't build and DPS in public map? if good gears, 100% hackers. if decent gears, 99% hackers. If no gears, I'll personally talk them into discussing some map builds so they can stand on their own.

I just want to add: I used to play DD as WizzKidz, some very very old people might know. And then stopped. That steam account was used to represent Singapore in one of the international CS competition. Thus I created a new steam acc to play DD otherwise I'll have too many PMs and friends bothering me. I have since quitted CS under strong advocation by my GF, so well.. life goes on.

I have one screen with full set Ulti + pretty amazing. From one noob with less than 200h with and cappef 2 stats with 980. Pretty amazing.

Btw 800h 2 ulti drops 1 crap 2 up to 780 STR. Minus than 5 supreme crap armors and nice high end trans (all builders 4k most important stats and 2,5 3k+ minus important. Enough.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9103 usando Tapatalk

*Cliffs for you bro*
Hackers gonna hack.
I've learnt to ignore the hackers in the very fact and continue playing the game like any other online games.

Every online games has its fair share of hackers, some game are more heavily affected by them, some other not so. I am glad to say DD is required 70% skillful play (always amused by how Draemn abuses game mechanics), and 30% equipment.

The said 2 types of hackers out there
1) Hack auras dmg to a high damage, and then farm legit items?
2) Hack legit / possible items.
These 2 above does not affect us at all. For at the end of times, our skillful play determines who we are. Nobody knows you for having great item pieces, but if you can are able to come out strategies quicker than others or solve difficult maps like Sky-O-Love, yes very difficult I struggle to complete it, and still struggling, and I refuse to accept any help or your strategy. This map of love will remain a challenge for me and my GF.

Myself, and I hope everyone here, will reconcile with this fact of the existence of hackers. If due to the fact hackers exists and we do not trade items, then we let hackers not spoil the market, but destroy the trading community. And if you do not trade, don't think of getting the great pieces out there. I have farmed good ult pieces before, but I have yet to make a set from them. Effectively, if 1 out of 5 pieces ult drops are useful, you'd have to farm 5 x 5 type of sets x 4 parts that is 100 ult pieces before you can make 1 set, general calculation. That is why I decided to trade. I sell away lousier ulti parts, maybe 2 or 3 pieces together for a cube, get more cubes and use them to buy the pieces / sets. As long as the stats looks fine, who is to judge if it's hack or not. Nobody can even tell. I have played many online games and most of them are facing the same problem with hackers.

The truth is, the real hackers out there do not need trading with you. And the real hackers are too clever to expose themselves. The keep their hacking method 'private'. From experience, I am sure if you dwell deep and dark enough, it is possible to create cubes of out nothingness, maybe even fiddle with the databases. These expert hackers are sane not to spoil market or sorts as they generally want to participate in it as legit players.

The leeches who have no idea what hacking is all about (someone mentioned there are 1000 youtube videos teaching how to mod items in DD) are so stupid and knows so little they cannot harm the market. A simple look and you know they are hacked. These people being lazy by nature, are lousy players. I bet they cant build maps for nuts. And they can't play in public, for they will be exposed. Not so much harm done there.

Those who make sets and sell, who spoils the market, are in actual fact benefiting the hardcore players. Why? Because they bring in items which looks legit, passes item check, and you buy it for in fact, an amount lesser than it is really worth. You, who is a skillful player now gets enhanced by these equipment. It is not difficult to know who is skillful and not. Those who can't build many maps and have crazy items mostly are such people. Being 'carried' is a hoax, for at some point of time you'll have to walk by yourself. The hackers remain stupid and clumsy, unable to clear a map by themselves, while you get the items you always wanted to farm. In short, hackers remain stupid, and the real players gain wisdom and more wisdom and more wisdom.

If you think along this line, which I do, life will be so much better. That's what I meant by reconciling with yourself. I bet trendy knows who hacks and don't, they just do not care because it is simply not worth the time to. If the developers choose to ignore them and get a move on in life, come on guys lets give assume hackers don't exists. If we do, at the end of days, the hackers will get bored, because DD is a game where only by playing with the strategy comes satisfaction. A couple of hacked items or a giant sphere of apocalypse (auras) is boring. Those who play this game, who crack our brains thinking of strategies and how to lure monsters away from crystal or how to exploit the game mechanics further will know that true fun comes from these.

Of course, sometimes we reward ourselves, come to the forum, trade a little, get some upgrades, and go back to the game. At the end of day life goes on. Hackers? Never once existed, never once significant, never once mentioned, they are so not worth any of our time. hey but that being said, taking SS of hackers wearing hacked items and reporting them is a fun activity i always do. Open an AFk shop and half the time, 2 or 3 hackers will indefinitely pop by, I'll ninja a few SS and report them. Wow that feeling doesn't lose out to beating the moment 'finally only 1 last boss remains on WW'.

Hackers always exist. In any games. If we accept this fact and move on playing our game, forming real community, real guilds, real group and play together, the good players will unite leaving the hackers to themselves. Is a group of hacker playing together fun? I can't see where the fun comes from. Make a big aura and all AFK and talk about who managed to hack more items during survival waves and then say: hey actually 1 wave is enough to make 10sets of ult items.

Let's just stick to how it is now. Unite the builders AND those who discuss about map builds, these are the real players out there who enjoy playing this game, shun away from "DPS" or non-builder players.

My own verdict: those who build 99% legit players, 1% hackers who attempt hard enough to play legitly.
My own verdict: Can't build and DPS in public map? if good gears, 100% hackers. if decent gears, 99% hackers. If no gears, I'll personally talk them into discussing some map builds so they can stand on their own.

I just want to add: I used to play DD as WizzKidz, some very very old people might know. And then stopped. That steam account was used to represent Singapore in one of the international CS competition. Thus I created a new steam acc to play DD otherwise I'll have too many PMs and friends bothering me. I have since quitted CS under strong advocation by my GF, so well.. life goes on.

I have one screen with full set Ulti + pretty amazing. From one noob with less than 200h with and cappef 2 stats with 980. Pretty amazing.

Btw 800h 2 ulti drops 1 crap 2 up to 780 STR. Minus than 5 supreme crap armors and nice high end trans (all builders 4k most important stats and 2,5 3k+ minus important. Enough.

No idea. I'd say you are the 800hr guy, complaining about some 200hr noobs. I will be very honest with you, I have farmed survivals on aquanos (best cause I only need to flash heal during build phase and open chests), I am pretty hardcore when it comes to grinding survival maps. Over 400hrs of my playtime (all used on farming survivals), total I think maybe 600hrs online time? I have farmed about 20+ Ult armors. To be fair, compare his 200hrs online time versus the not your 800hrs online time, but amount of time spend on grinding armors. Of course, those who figure out the strategies will lose out in this grinding competition as they spend more time thinking and analyzing maps.

*Cliffs for you bro*
Hackers gonna hack.

What does 'cliffs for you' mean? Please enlighten me.

No idea. I'd say you are the 800hr guy, complaining about some 200hr noobs. I will be very honest with you, I have farmed survivals on aquanos (best cause I only need to flash heal during build phase and open chests), I am pretty hardcore when it comes to grinding survival maps. Over 400hrs of my playtime (all used on farming survivals), total I think maybe 600hrs online time? I have farmed about 20+ Ult armors. To be fair, compare his 200hrs online time versus the not your 800hrs online time, but amount of time spend on grinding armors. Of course, those who figure out the strategies will lose out in this grinding competition as they spend more time thinking and analyzing maps.

What does 'cliffs for you' mean? Please enlighten me.

Oh rly you are the only onr farming with summ afk controllers. Welcome.

cliffs.. cliffnotes.. TL: DR

Although I did read it and kinda agree in a way, but I gain much more satisfaction from gaining an item myself since all gear does now is make things easier there really isnt a need for super high end gear.

Its all about bragging rights in my eyes and who can have any bragging rights when 95% of the stuff is hacked?

Just make it farmable in a reasonable time or add a Tavern Keep option to 1 time change armour type.

I will admit, even though I complain about people farming so much ult and higher armour, I don't spend a ton of time specifically farming ultimate armours. I really enjoy building and making my builds better or trying new builds. I do some ult armour farming, but probably have only run ~20 survival maps for armour in the last 6 weeks. I like to play stuff that keeps me interesting in the game, not just farm a ton of the same survival hoping for ults.

Very nice post Strike. I totally agree that hackers really aren't a big deal for me. If I join a game (which I don't do often) with a hacker, I just screenshot and quit... it's no fun for me to play in a game with hacked towers. If hackers join my game, I raze them a bit and then kick them if they haven't quit already. Hackers can't come in and "do bad" things like most games (read aimbots, wall hacks, etc), due to the coop nature of the game. I don't bother too much with high end trading, because I take pride in farming my own items, so hacked stuff almost never bothers me (other than being outbid because inflation due to hacking or having to take the time to check items for legitimacy).

Still, I don't agree with the idea of wearing probably hacked "possible" items just to have top end stats or something to brag about.

ythere a chance the skellies will soon rise in numbers i havnt bothered selling my decent ones if did maybe some hacker will get there hands on it and modify to legit values

I used to sell regular kobolds (no where near perfect) in my AFK shop for 600mil, just to clear inventory. Sometimes I wonder who is buying and why...

Since then, I figured out a decent build to farm skeletons. And, now I have like 30 skeletons (non are perfect). I am sitting on the fence on selling them through the afk shop or not. I mean, I can put them in for 600mil each in the AFK shop, and I will get 18bil overnight (and I am getting low on mana...), but then I feel like I will be contributing to a situation where there is now 30 perfect skeletons running around all of the sudden.

I used to sell regular kobolds (no where near perfect) in my AFK shop for 600mil, just to clear inventory. Sometimes I wonder who is buying and why...

Since then, I figured out a decent build to farm skeletons. And, now I have like 30 skeletons (non are perfect). I am sitting on the fence on selling them through the afk shop or not. I mean, I can put them in for 600mil each in the AFK shop, and I will get 18bil overnight (and I am getting low on mana...), but then I feel like I will be contributing to a situation where there is now 30 perfect skeletons running around all of the sudden.

While I have no evidence one way or the other... I have a hard time imagining that most hackers play the game for any real length of time even ignoring the real possibility of getting banned. If you have all max cap ult sets there really isn't anything left to farm for and with that mind set I am guessing once they beat a map they don't really have any reason to keep playing it. So they play for a relatively short while (100 or even 300 hours in this game is still relatively short), and therefore those hacked skellies are most likely also short lived. Just a thought.

I don't sell any skeletons with 4 tower stats in my afk shop. If someone has the talent to hack extra stats into a skeleton (not just change existing values), then my not selling skeletons in my afk shop probably won't slow them down.

While I have no evidence one way or the other... I have a hard time imagining that most hackers play the game for any real length of time even ignoring the real possibility of getting banned. If you have all max cap ult sets there really isn't anything left to farm for and with that mind set I am guessing once they beat a map they don't really have any reason to keep playing it. So they play for a relatively short while (100 or even 300 hours in this game is still relatively short), and therefore those hacked skellies are most likely also short lived. Just a thought.
I am really curious why we didn't see a flood of perfect skeletons though... kobolds took no time at all to flood the market (< 1 week)... but then again, pet rocks had a HUGE negative with the 0 run speed.

Yes grey-1. I get exactly what you mean and I agree with you fully. Hackers usually stay for a short lived period of time in this game. Usually before they understand the mechanics behind items spawn value (which till now myself dont really understand either). Thus most* hackers are not able or capable of harming the market too much.

I understand your point, but I don't see it that way myself. I play DD primarily as a role-playing game, and the goal of any RPG is the improvement of your virtual avatar. The only way in which your characters improve in DD is through better stats, and gear is the most prominent indicator of your status as a player. When someone joins your game, the first thing you see isn't their skill or knowledge, it's their gear.

As such, I personally think I deserve to have the guarantee that someone with better stats than me is also the better player. I deserve to have the guarantee that my characters and gear won't be looked down upon by someone who hasn't invested even a fraction of the time and effort I have.

However, DD gives me no such guarantees, and as the hard caps keep getting pushed yet nothing is done to promote legitimate gameplay, that fact looms over my enjoyment of the game more and more.

My own satisfaction of knowing I'm a good player and farmed all my own gear promotes legitimate gameplay for me :) OH, what really does it for me is when I ask someone with 4k stats to build and they go all "I don't know how to build... I haven't built before... I don't know what to do... etc"

My own satisfaction of knowing I'm a good player and farmed all my own gear promotes legitimate gameplay for me :) OH, what really does it for me is when I ask someone with 4k stats to build and they go all "I don't know how to build... I haven't built before... I don't know what to do... etc"

Then I might as well go play some single player oriented game which will likely have more content and better class balance. What's the point of having 1) loot-based gameplay and 2) multiplayer if you can't show off your gear? Whenever I get some really nice item in that single lucky run out of 10, it kills my enjoyment to realize that someone else has an infinitely better item with none of my time investment or effort.

I still show off my gear. I just think differently. I only get like 5% bothered seeing people with hacked gear having higher stats, but then I'm like "psh, it's hacked or they bought cubes to buy their armour, I'm still 10x better than them." But to each his own... I will say that I doubt I'll see the point of the loot system in this game (or playing) the day that trendy stops dealing with hackers and hacked items (not that they do a great job as it is right now).

@ Winterbraid.

I totally understand how you feel. But trust me no matter which game you play, as long as its MMO, you cant run away from hackers. The consolation is that like draemn, you're a fellow 'builder' which makes you a high-value player. I hope that encouraged you a little but somehow I think it isn't working....

Try to reconcile with yourself and life will be better hah...

Winterbraid has contributed so many great things to DD. He is loved and revered probably more than I am (well, maybe not quite that much). I highly respect you no matter what your stats are man. You could have 2k stats and I'd still consider you a boss compared to almost anyone.

I edited the topic title just so people don't click on it thinking it means exactly what it says :)

Then I might as well go play some single player oriented game which will likely have more content and better class balance. What's the point of having 1) loot-based gameplay and 2) multiplayer if you can't show off your gear? Whenever I get some really nice item in that single lucky run out of 10, it kills my enjoyment to realize that someone else has an infinitely better item with none of my time investment or effort.

Personally, my enjoyment comes from working out how to do things and helping others. Farming for the sake of a few numbers is boring and tedious, and nearly had me quit about 3 months ago (I got into the bad habit of following someone else's build for a while).

I couldn't care less about what people think of my characters
I edited the topic title just so people don't click on it thinking it means exactly what it says :)

:(

I got many a good laugh out of the original...

yep honestly not a single *** given to players who boast about there ulti sets

im happy with what i got cause i can already do whatever game throws at me

It may take Ults to get **** done as a hacking noob, but any pro can get it done with myths/trans.

As a side note, I usually see ult sets on those lvl 100 barbs that NEVER switch to another character. You ask if they can build, they say "BUILDERS? I'M NOT BOB"

Winterbraid has contributed so many great things to DD. He is loved and revered probably more than I am (well, maybe not quite that much). I highly respect you no matter what your stats are man. You could have 2k stats and I'd still consider you a boss compared to almost anyone.

I'd just like to second this opinion. Winter is a true Dungeon Defender. :D

It's funny to me how many of the legitimately awesome players are pushed out of the limelight by the ones with flashy stats who couldn't farm a survival if their lives depended on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awww, but now it's not a funny satirical joke anymore. :P
Personally, my enjoyment comes from working out how to do things and helping others. Farming for the sake of a few numbers is boring and tedious, and nearly had me quit about 3 months ago (I got into the bad habit of following someone else's build for a while).

:(

I got many a good laugh out of the original...

I stopped trying to farm better gear almost 2 months ago (I do the odd farming run just to see if an ultimate drops and I'm not against getting good items on akatiti) and I've been having a lot of fun in the game still. I do have the advantage of the new Christmas map to help, but you can still get a lot of play-time out of the game without farming being the driving factor :)