I want to buy OP armor

I mean an ultimate set! With capped damage and really good other important stats.

Well, let's stir up a heated discussion (but keep it civil) on your thoughts about ultimate sets, hacked "possible items," etc.

My belief, is that > 90% of ultimate sets that pass through item check are hacked, but just hacked well enough not to get caught. Are you fine with wearing hacked items as long as you won't get in trouble with trendy?

I've mostly given up on worrying about hacked mana, as it's just impossible to do otherwise (as my latest pool showcased that most people don't even think they can make 5b in an hour and the rest of people think they can make +30b in an hour by selling to people who can't seem to make enough mana to afford 1/2 the items they sell). Of course, if I know for certain the person is mana hacking, I'll run away.

I farm 95% of my own gear 1) because I'm proud to say my gear is all farmed by me 2) it's not hacked. I really dislike the idea of having anything hacked, even if it is "passable" in an item check thread. I completely disagree with the idea of buying hacked items (cough cough tower pets) that are just "accepted" because their widely hacked. I bought 2 pkobolds when I got back into DD (that look more real than 1/2 the tower pets I'm used to seeing) and stopped trading pkobolds after that to ensure I wasn't getting hacked items.

Show me a set of ultimates with all max cap on a single stat and I'll probably consider at least a couple of the items in there hacked, even if possible.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion is exact to yours. I even set a goal to myself, to get an ult set myself, through farming. Failing horribly so far.
I always though I'd never buy Ult sets because >95% are hacked in IMO, but because of the new event armguards, I sold mine. Now I can't imagine anything else to buy and I'm tempted to actually buy an ult set.

My sort of impossible and time consuming goal, would be to make an ult++ set. Never gonna happen, though.

I see the title.. and go ".___."
Then I see its draemn and wonder what he is up to...
then.. I stop reading and make this horrible comment :3

Yeah, the title is really misleading, even if meant as a joke or the fact that many ult armors are hacked.

I agree that the only way to make sure you don't have hacked gear is to farm everything yourself. Then there is never a doubt. Which probably means that I will never have a ult set but that's okay.

It's a joke about people posting to buy top end ultimate sets when a large group of us with extremely high hours of play time (including team 36 said a little bird) all consider most of the "item checked" ultimate sets to be hacked. It wouldn't be that hard for someone smart to hack items that can pass item check threads. Also, as another user pointed out about his bad luck farming kobolds, perfects should be much more rare than the # flooding the markets (and don't even start with how obvious hacked most procks were).

Even though ultimate sets are a tempting goal, they are totally unnecessary for beating any map. I think from now on I'll max level my gear so it's forged by me so I can trace some legit gear :P

I do believe that most Ult sets are hacked, but that the people selling (most) of them are not hackers. I have gotten a dmg capping Ult before, which makes me think that Ult pieces auctioned not as a set are less likely to be hacked.

Well, of course. 1 piece that caps is easier to find than an entire set, therefore chances of it being legit are higher.

Out of all of the ult that I've farmed, I got one that capped tower damage but had REALLY bad other tower stats and it was an Akatiti NMHC Campaign reward iirc (otherwise it was WW). I'm not saying it's not possible, just that most of the time it's not probable.

I don't have many ults. Maybe one caps damage, but I know three won't. And two are both mail shoes. Good thing two of my builders are in chain, but even so I feel trolled by rng. I do not have a single hero with more than one ult on them. In fact I only have one hero with two sups and that is my main dps set, and they aren't super.

Edit: and before I would ever have a set to sell... I would want all my builders in full sets... So won't be this decade.

I agree its a game of cheats playing legit is just a personal goal that the majority of players don't really care about all they seem to care about is if the gear is passable no matter how obviously altered it is

I agree with you on all points draemn. This is also the primary reason why with over 1k hours in this game I am still in 70% transcentent gear. I am wearing a few supremes and 2 ultimates (one absolutely amazing plate piece from KG NMHCMM, first time I tried your build :D capping dmg + nice other stats) and only like 3 pieces of trans/sup that I traded for.
I also know for a fact, that you can beat pretty much anything in this game with a good trans set. Level up your chars, get good weapons and pets, and there you go. 4-5k is possible.
As for pKobolds.. I've never even considered trading for them since it's obvious they are pRock 2.0 (90% of them are just blatantly altered to 600/600/600/600...) I have farmed enough kobolds to realize that the sheer amount of pKobolds in circulation cannot be possible. I'm actually wondering why pSkellies are not yet flooding the market...

Because it takes a lot longer to farm skeletons? I really don't know... I've only put a couple 4 statted skeletons in my afk shop so far, so I'm not helping to contribute to the required initial item to hack (as most people only do lazy hacking where you just modify item values).

*NOOOOOOOOOOOO* I just farmed this skeleton: 600/589/600/600 *cries* so close to perfect but it isn't... should I count it as perfect or not for my signature?

*NOOOOOOOOOOOO* I just farmed this skeleton: 600/589/600/600 *cries* so close to perfect but it isn't... should I count it as perfect or not for my signature?

Count the nearly perfects like 1+1/28

And I can't add much to this post.. I agree on pretty much everything and everyone.

If it upgrades to all four 600s then I would count it.

Also MadeInLondon; I hear you - we are pretty much in the same place (I've got 1.3k hours in game) and my 4.6k twr dmg summoner still has a myth hat. Ok that myth hat is old and has twr hp, dmg, and rate at 468 (no range) and it predates even trans armor. I've yet to find a better hp plus dmg armor. Better dmg check. Better hp check. But not both at the same time for that piece and type.

Edit: idea = little 'p' for those within 50 pts of all 600s and big 'P' for those with all 600s???

If it upgrades to all four 600s then I would count it.

Also MadeInLondon; I hear you - we are pretty much in the same place (I've got 1.3k hours in game) and my 4.6k twr dmg summoner still has a myth hat. Ok that myth hat is old and has twr hp, dmg, and rate at 468 (no range) and it predates even trans armor. I've yet to find a better hp plus dmg armor. Better dmg check. Better hp check. But not both at the same time for that piece and type.

Edit: idea = little 'p' for those within 50 pts of all 600s and big 'P' for those with all 600s???

I only replaced the last myth piece on my tower monk about a month ago! :D this came with the cost of loosing some range, but hey, I dmg capped supreme with +3xx in HP+rate makes the loss a little more bearable :P sidenote: Sky City campaign CAN reward supreme armor.

Oh I've gotten about 2-3 of those "SO CLOSE!!!!!" skellies and 1 perf so far :P needa get back into farming after this exam is done :x

I agree, I farmed a lot of aquanos back in the day (before King's Game and other maps came), and I never got to see a good ultimate. I think it's a big improbability for a perfect dps or tower piece to get rolled without roll-overs and also get a high number of upgrade lvls (The few ults I found would always be lacking either on the stats department or on the up lvl department ._.)

Too bad Sitella didn't go on with his farming experiment, so we could have a better idea of what kind of ults actually happen to come into existance on this RNG.

Oh I was just looking through all of my armour sets that I've farmed myself (I have replaced all non farmed items, so all of my sets are now 100% farmed) and I have a lot of trans that doesn't even cap :) I also have like 4 myth pieces for my 9 main stets and only 1 of those sets is < 4k!

1300 hours and ive got an ult on 1 builder and I think im using 2 Sups? not counting weps ofc.

1 Pkob in about 24 chances or so, only 4/5 usable in total..

It seems the only way to really improve my gear now is to trade for Ults, id much rather be able to aquire these things myself like I have all up to this point.. but im sure a full ult set id be looking at maybe 5000 hours and id still feel lucky.

I think we've had this discussion many times before and some of us even got banned for it. But I guess I might as well throw in a few cents since I'm about done with this game and these forums either way. :P

I know RNG is RNG and some people do get awesome drops from time to time. That you've never won the lottery doesn't mean no one ever wins. But when some win the lottery every week while others win never, that's where I call bollocks.

My logic says there should be more odd single Ult pieces floating around than full sets. Moreover, my logic says there should be more Supreme sets than Ultimate sets. However, in reality neither is the case; the majority of people seem to either have full Ult sets or nothing.

Combine the fact that hacking is so easy even a trained monkey could do it. Sure, hackers do get banned eventually, and sure, 95% of the pieces they create will be obvious even to an untrained eye. But considering a hacker can generate a nigh-infinite quantity of items out of thin air, and how some have made an art of evading bans and using alt accounts, that 5% would be more than enough to account for every Ult piece in existence and more.

I have 2.9k hours in DD and counting, at least half of it after Supreme was introduced. In that time I got all my characters decked out in 90% self-farmed high-end Trans with a couple Supreme pieces thrown in and that's about it. That is pretty much where the game stopped rewarding me in terms of armor because none of the Ultimate pieces I looted were even remotely worth my time.

So I really found myself at a standstill there. I can solo Crystalline Dimension NMHC and pretty much every map and challenge in the game. I got every DPS and builder to level 100. I got Ultimate Defender. The only thing left to do for me is improve my stats. Call me childish, but it personally ruins my enjoyment of the game when I see people who have clearly invested much less time and effort, with stats that I have never even come close to.

However, the game just refuses to cooperate with me in that regard. It really doesn't seem possible in my eyes to gather an Ult set, or even a decent collection of single high-end pieces like the ones seen as parts of sets, without referring to forums and/or afkshops.

In the end, there is not really much to discuss here.

Does the fact your Ult set passes Item Check with flying colors make it better than a random pubbie's Ult set that is off just by a couple points? According to the Rules it does.

Should being a regular forum poster with many in-game hours make you immune to questioning? Perhaps it shouldn't, but what other option have we got?

No matter how much we debate it, beyond a certain point it's a simple choice. Embrace the status quo and buy your way into Ultimate, accepting all the implications - or stop progressing.

I have about 520 hours in the game and have acquired one pice of ult armor. That been said it is great piece with 400 damgae, rate and 300 health with about 380 ups. But i see people with full ult sets on ever single one of their characters. The sets aren't outrageous, but they are questionable. Some how not a single stat is negative or how they got all those ults for 9 characters in the first place.

I think many sets are hacked well enough to not be over-done and have believeable stats/ ups. You don't need 5k stats to finish any lvl. so many shoot for a 3-4k believable set.

There's a secondary aspect of this is that once you've "got" the hacked gear to work with, getting "legit" gear becomes all the easier. Since insanely obvious hacked gear can takes months to finally pin you up, you've got plenty of time to use all that stuff to breeze through the hardest challenges and maps without breaking a sweat (things like 5m dps auras for example? Who needs anything else?) collect up "legit" looking gear at an alarmingly massive rate and then who's to say what's legit and what isn't anymore.

Hell, who's to say that they're even playing with the same "loot rules" that we are. Maybe in THEIR game, the whole rollover crap *doesn't* happen. Or maybe the drop rates are 10x, 50x, or 1000x of normal, making it orders of magnitudes more common *and* more likely to be good gear?

The fact is, I don't play with anyone I don't already know for part of these reasons. That being said, I'm not letting these fools ruin my game experience either. Let them hack, I don't give a damn. The only reason I play ranked isn't because open is full of cheats and hacks, it's because all the achievements and their associated unlockables can only be attained on Ranked. Since I don't have them all yet, Ranked is my place of choice. Oh well?

Once you start to max out your trans armour, rng is a troll and having hacked gear will not help you get beter drops :P

yep i believe over 90 percent of ulti sets going are around a hacked

just hacked in a way that it passes the check like you said. that why i have no trust in them
out of my 1700 hour DD i have had similar experiences in the armor i seen drop

and yep funny things going on with perfect kobolds being hacked to. there a chance the skellies will soon rise in numbers i havnt bothered selling my decent ones if did maybe some hacker will get there hands on it and modify to legit values

you dont even need ulti armor to reach 5k damage