AFK shops - why do so many do this BS?

I join a tavern with some interesting name that tickles my fancy, like "SELL MK2s/CUBES ULT WAPA" just to see that the guy has a tavern floor full of such ult armors and items that I could be potentially looking to buy yet is completely afk. No, he's not checking in every 5-30min, he's just afk all day. He wants you to add him to steam, I add him to steam, 3 days no replies because he doesn't even accept the invite. This happens with 9/10 vendors. It's come to the point in which I don't even bother trying to buy high end items because the host is an afk idiot. I tried doing the same, most people just immediatly leave if they don't see the host move, or ask "host?" and after no reply in the next 2 seconds they proceed to leaving without even looking at the messages in the afk shop. Which would state that I check in every couple of minutes and that they should add me if they see something they like.

Honestly feels like 90% of the people I meet in shops are clueless ignorants with room temperature IQ, I only keep trying because once you DO get people to trade with they often have valuable items which you can resell on the forum for often up to three times the price you paid for.

What's the logic behind this? You have some nice items, a few cubes and mk2s you want to sell and put them on the floor for display and want others to offer on them - yet you're afk 24/7 and don't attempt to contact buyers. ???

Instead of just adding them, try leaving an actual offer in the chat or on Steam. People with actual good items on the floor usually wake up to loads of friend requests, it's up to you to make yourself look like a more promising potential buyer than others.

Why complain when u gain profit from finding a non-afk? Its like the lottery.

As for people with lots of ult armors on the floor, another reason they didn't get back to you could be because they were a hacker and got banned in the meanwhile.

yeah i hate those guys big waste of time honestly half of them dont even sell are bunch of show offs

and there some hacker ones to

I'd suggest trying to arrange this kind of thing on forums only. Back in the day I tried this same thing with the same exact results; they were either there in the shop and completely ignored people wanting to buy things (seriously, why, you're wasting both your own and everyone else's time...) or they did the same thing you're describing. Forum trades were the only way I could get anything done.

I really don't get DD's ingame community. You either bump into decent people, or complete "fish out of water" haphazard idiots. There's no in between.

How to spot a hacker:
Look for the chest (:

Some people use Alt accounts for more storage. If they only have like 2 trophies, but an Ult set, it's most likely an alt account

Some people use Alt accounts for more storage. If they only have like 2 trophies, but an Ult set, it's most likely an alt account

I'd say it's most likely a hacker.

more annoyingthen this, the ''donations'' folder haha

I like when they ask for donation drops but either have their floor drops locked or else the pickups unlocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk