Sign in to follow this  
Strike.

Something about drop rate in survival games

Hi guys,

I realized something quite perculiar.

Maybe its just me but - whenever I do survival NMHCMM on any of the final maps, I'd realize something interesting.

The earlier I start the survival wave, the better drops I seem to get.

I am able to start at wave 18, or even 21 on some of the survival maps. But if I start on wave21, I usually get almost no loots throughout the game.

However, I tried starting on wave 14 or 15, and the results was totally different. I got 5 supremes and 1 ult in a single run. I tried another run starting on wave 14 on KG, and I got 3 sup and 1 ult.

So here's my conclusion: start on earlier wave to get better drop at the end of the game. Maybe it's just luck and I hit the right spot during this experiment.

Hmm, I may give this a shot tomorrow..
I doubt there's any correlation other than the fact that you have a longer exposure to trans+ but who knows.

I would love to hear what others say about this

its most likely due to the fact that the loot calculation has a specific trigger to make stats over 150 be multiplied by i think -0.35. since the shards and DLC maps have have higher loot multipliers, the stats roll higher, and thus have more chances to trigger the above.

Well, good luck if you guys are gonna try. No promises tough, I have no done enough experimenting on this to conclude my findings.

My question is why the @$#& I'm getting worse loot on MM then I was on non-MM on Aqua. Done 5 runs in MM so far and only 2 supremes.
However I did maybe 7-8 runs non-mm before that and had gotten 3 ults and like 7 supremes :/
What the heck RNG

Wait...... you were getting a supreme almost ever run? and three ults?!........are you talking about armour or weapons?

I play KG with 4 toons.

Yes armor.

No, not every run. I have had terrible runs. And good ones. I am just saying, whenever I start earlier in the waves, it seems I get more chances of getting sup/ult. For a few times I have started on wave 23 on aqua, thinking that is the wave where spawn limits reaches its max. But for at least 10 rounds with 4 summoner (of course high flash heal to make up for starting so late in the waves), I've got no concrete drops.

I said I got most of my sup and ult from runs where I started earlier such as wave 14 or 15. I did not mentioned they are great pieces. RNG can screw people, the moment u see ulti armor and then u see the stats and smash the table... zzZZZzz

You're 100% correct. There's absolutely a correlation to which wave you start on and the quality of the drops. The best way to tell when you're getting close to the top tier armor is by the accessory drops - they will start at cursed/amazing, peak at godly/mythic and then start to roll back again.

Kudos to you for noticing this, btw. I've never encountered anyone but myself who seemed to realize that little but of info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait...... you were getting a supreme almost ever run? and three ults?!........are you talking about armour or weapons?

It's almost a guarantee you will get 1-2 supremes per KG farm. That's not to say that they're an upgrade, though. :D

You're 100% correct. There's absolutely a correlation to which wave you start on and the quality of the drops. The best way to tell when you're getting close to the top tier armor is by the accessory drops - they will start at cursed/amazing, peak at godly/mythic and then start to roll back again.

Kudos to you for noticing this, btw. I've never encountered anyone but myself who seemed to realize that little but of info.

thanks! feels great someone else feel the same way as me. And as ppl ask how i farm my gears, i told them i start earlier in the waves and ppl start to flame me. Whew!

It's almost a guarantee you will get 1-2 supremes per KG farm. That's not to say that they're an upgrade, though. :D

I seem to get supremes as rare as ults, every 2-5 runs. Not necessarily good either.
Then again, I start at wave 18. I'll start something like wave 12 next time to see if it's true.

I seem to get supremes as rare as ults, every 2-5 runs. Not necessarily good either.
Then again, I start at wave 18. I'll start something like wave 12 next time to see if it's true.

On KG? That's pretty surprising.

I generally start earlier aswell and have had ults from as low as wave 14 (misty would you believe and that capped out at 714 tower attack withh ~250-300 other 3), so Im definatly an advocate of this.

That's pretty much exactly the rate I've been getting, but I usually start on wave 10.

lowest i ever started was 15

didnt get anything special or get amount of drops like everyone else says

i usually start around 19 to 21 sometimes 18

i will see what a wave 12 starts does if it does nothing not gonna waste time again

Ive only noticed that the (armor) drops on KG get significantly worse after wave 25/26 on mixed mode. Before that its anything from 3-8 trans per wave but after 25/26 you hardly get any trans at all. Regular HC doesnt seem to be affected as much by this but 29/30 is generaly pretty **** nonetheless. My best guess is that this map has severe rollover issues past these stages and MM only makes it worse by hitting the rollover threshold earlier than normal HC. Now that i think about it, i beleive +90% of my ultimate armors on KG are from waves 18-26 and im pretty sure i never got anything good from 29/30.

wave 29 and 30 for all maps seem to be bad especially wave 30

has anyone done alot testing with mix mode added vs hc for kings i only do mix mode so i wouldnt know the difference on armor drops for kings

I agree that wave 29/30 usually have troll drops. But dont be fooled, the myths drop from these waves are in my observation, of the highest quality. All my myths with above 1k total tower/hero stat are obtained from these waves. Just have to faithfully look through the items during wave time. For the good ones tend to disappear faster than usual, its mental / psychological but I have problem looking through the stats of the item and figured 'wow its good' and then it disappear because i was in OL mode.

This whole thread is just a observation on my part and I know it does not apply only to me. If it works for you then great! If it doesn't I would have to say the factor of luck is in play here. I am just luckier.