How come no one plays huntress anymore?

I haven't played in a while, but back when I did play, everyone had a DPS huntress + builders. Why has that changed? I keep seeing DPS jester and range monk more often than others.

Why is this? Am I missing something? Only thing i've come across is that projectile speed blows on huntress in nm

thanks!

The short answer is; even with end-game weapon and other gear, Huntress simply lacks the damage-dealing ability of Monk, Barbarian, and Jester. Huntress recently received a straight-up damage buff, but a combination of nerfed attack speed on guns (original Nightmare), Invisibility not working on bosses, subpar damage scaling (amount increased per stat point), and Piercing Shot being a mere fraction of the aforementioned Hero's abilities, she simply isn't viable compared to the hitpoints and abilities of others.

I am rather proud to have the most exotic Huntress in the game, and a rather powerful one at that. But when I started running the likes of Tavern Defense, Sky City, & Akatiti, I realized that I'd need to roll a new Hero for dps. Unfortunately, it's just the nature of the beast. Old stuff will never be rebalanced in line with the new content; be it the weapons and pets of the first Shards maps, or the original Heroes for dps.

With the whole of Trendy having moved on to their next project, any gameplay issues are here to stay. So I recommend you just enjoy the ride while you can.

actually hunter or huntress is more then fine to kill sky city boss i solo sky city boss with hunter 4 player ingame and do maximum damage every single time before it time to board off ship

for other maps like tav defense and akakiti which immortal mentioned sure other heroes will be a better option including winter wonderland and boss rush

but still useable same as old one just takes longer

but for sky city there no difference of what hero you use

also if your in game where there already a barb and a monk it wont hurt to go hunter or huntress as your pet will do most of the dps assuming your using a seahorse or a monkey for a example . pierce shot doesnt do crazy dps like ev or barb abilities

and i doubt trendy will make a change to pierce shot damage if they did they would probably have to increase cooldown time if it was increased alot

and at the same time just have fun with the game if you feel like using hunter/huntress go ahead :D

i get bored using my op EV or barb for craziest dps

The Jester just does many things the Huntress can do, but better.

The key advantages are very, very high hp pool (very similar scaling to squire hp),
Fastest casting speed in the game (Jester upgrades just as fast as an apprentice in overcharge!),
Fastest base move speed in the entire game,
Ability to move towers,
Ability to wield every weapon.
Unfortunately, both huntress and the apprentice are outclassed in these aspects.

As for the monk, they have the best pet attack scaling in nightmare, so a dps monk+seahorse+hero boost are able to dish out a great amount of dps. With tower boost in their arsenal, monks are a great overall choice for both offence and defence.

As for the points stated by the guys above me, I completely agree 100%.

Unfortunately, both huntress and the apprentice are outclassed in these aspects.

Its even worse for EV...

On topic, I would rate huntress on par with a equally stat'd squire. Contrary to popular belief, she can deal extremely significant damage at any range. Her biggest failing is the difficulty in acquiring a good version of either of the top DPS weapons (eternian cannon or Krytykal strike). My own one suffers heavily for having a massive negative in reload due to the stupid rollovers, and ultimate drops of them seem extremely rare.

Her second major failing (this is where ranger shoots himself square in the arse) is skills. Huntress's invisibility perfectly suits her needs, can be used for so long with next to nil cooldown period it might as well be continuous, and makes her low HP much less of an issue. Piercing shot on the other hand almost feels like a waste of time. My auto-attack does just over 30M on the tavern dummy, but PS only hits for ~15M. Sure it hits numerous enemies, but so does a barbarians hawk with its AoE, a squires Circ slice, or the EV beam attack. Additionally, comparatively it has the same or longer cooldown as circ/hawk.

Ranger's skills are in a far worse position. AoE invisibility is infuriating for the player next to you trying to block an ogre, has a high mana drain, and a significantly longer cooldown period. Piercing spreadshot I feel is even worse. It might do more damage at point blank (especially considering the rangers higher damage scaling), but that defeats the purpose of the class which is to deal damage from a decent distance. Therefore only the centre bird is of any real use and that cant even match the low damage of PS...

I still play a dps hunt... But it was pretty much down hill after the series of ret nerfs. That said, just need to overpower the stats to get the damage up to par.

Also I thought that invisibility worked against the kraken. Am I mistaken? I've not tried it recently.

Also I thought that invisibility worked against the kraken. Am I mistaken? I've not tried it recently.

Spider, Kracken, and the cruisers rockets (and ogres). I think the genie sees right through it though