Help how do I get started with nightmare survival?!

Can someone help me? I just started playing and i'm trying my best to do Nightmare survival but it's just too hard for me. I have Decent stats and full transcendent for my Squire, Aura monk, Summoner, Trap Huntress, DPS Ranger and my 2 Series but it seems that my builds all suck and any that i try to find are too outdated.
It seems like I have to have transcendent gear, to get more transcendent gear. It makes no sense. I'm trying Misty mire Forest with no luck and i'm failing after wave 10 or 11 of king's game on nightmare. I don't get it. Weird part is, I was able to complete all of the main campaign (Had help with Summit.) and all the challenges solo on Nightmare Hardcore.
***SKIP TO THE END OF THIS THREAD WORKING BUILDS LINKED!***

You next focus should try glitterhelm on NM survival. Keep finding ways to go further and further. The important thing is to keep trying to tweak your build so you can survive past 15. Also, if you can use only Summoner, all the drops will be armor and thus increases the chance of Trans item.

Personally, doing stuff solo is fine if all your friends are busy or offline. Having friends is more fun than splitscreen. Try that?

I really hope you succeed!

My stats are:
Squire, 2704 tower Damage, 1015 Range, 1954 Tower attack speed
Hero Ranger, 2.8mill DPS target dummy
Summoner, 1176 D Health, 2754 D Damage, 1k D Range, 1800 D Attack Speed
Buff Beam Series, 2229 D Damage
Wall Series, 1819 D Health
Aura Monk, 2181 D Damage, 1036 D Radius, 1670 D Effect speed
Trap Huntress, 1640 Trap Damage, 290 Radius, 631 Reset speed

Try doing some Throne Room, and with a good build, and your stats, should be able to make it to at least wave 20 aqua

Dont have survival nightmare for aquanos.

+1 for Throne Room, look in the Guides section if you need some help with builds.

Granted I do with only summoners, but I'd say I got at least 1 trans drop every other run.

Have you completed any survival to 25 or 30? My first "big" map I ran to 30 was Misty. I actually ran it to 30 on first try, which was kind of crazy lol. Your stats are definitely nice, but I found out that the build is more important than stats. Once I got a good build going on a given map, it went very easy. Also you said you "just started playing" and you are trying to run King's Game survival? You might be rushing a little imo. To each his own, but I've been playing since January and I am just starting to be able to run King's Game lol.

Have you completed any survival to 25 or 30? My first "big" map I ran to 30 was Misty. I actually ran it to 30 on first try, which was kind of crazy lol. Your stats are definitely nice, but I found out that the build is more important than stats. Once I got a good build going on a given map, it went very easy. Also you said you "just started playing" and you are trying to run King's Game survival? You might be rushing a little imo. To each his own, but I've been playing since January and I am just starting to be able to run King's Game lol.

This is the HUGE problem with dungeon defenders, from what i'm seeing people used to do it with 1600 stats back when they first came out, now it's a lot more demanding and people who arent geared already get ****ed if they even try to gear. That's the exact part that's pissing me off.

Does anyone have a build i can use?

http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?88944-Request-Throne-Room-NMHCMM

I'm partial to mine of course, but there are plenty of options there. I usually start on 13 & upgrade for 2 waves then switch to 4 summoners split screen for mana. Have a Djinnlet & imp on 1 summoner to keep auras healed so I can AFK without fear of losing an aura (only about 1700 HP).

I'd also highly recommend making a DPS monk, tower boost can be very helpful as well as the occasional hero boost to kill an ogre or 2.

Should i use a guardian pet instead while i'm still getting started? I dont know if it's better than my +400 to all tower stats with 120 levels to go kobold.

Throne room is for people below 1000, to be honest. It was possible for me to clean Ramparts, starting wit 800 stats (and eneding with 1000 :P).

With this kind of stats I'd hit Misty or Moraggo already, only there you may find better trans gear with your stats. Alternatively, hunt some Kobolds on TD insane.

Of course to do this, good build is essential. I started with kandars build long time ago and just adjusted it to handle Copter Ogres when they came out. But to do this, you must first understand and see how pro builds work, what is the purpose of all the auras and traps, what and where can fail under what condition.

I'm with Warmonger on this, your stats are higher than a friend's and he is farming misty / aquanos now. In fact he got his first sup armor last night.

I recommend reading http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?t=86246 if you have not already looked at it.

EDIT: sorry he got the sup armor from kings nmhc surv on one of the low twenties waves.

Dont have survival nightmare for aquanos.

I can't right now, but add me and I'll do Aquanos campaign for you so you can start progressing there. You have way better stats then I had when I first cleared to wave 21 in aquanos so you should be good there.

quick hijack - would it be possible to tag along that nmhc aquanos run? cant seem to get it done with my dps :) cheers!

quick hijack - would it be possible to tag along that nmhc aquanos run? cant seem to get it done with my dps :) cheers!
I don't see why not. I'm probably not going to be building and that means it's not my run in my book.

I actually found a build that works for me, Mistymire i can solo up to wave 25 on nightmare HC survival. A friend actually made it, i'll link it and all my character stats i'm trying to go for to get it on farm mode wave 30.

http://ddplanner.com/?l=14431,mistymire-nm-hc-survival-wave-30 - Mistymire
http://ddplanner.com/?l=11856,nm-hc-mm-survival-throne-room - Throne room (bonus)

Mistymire Stats:
These are not mine, but a goal for me, my friend uses these stats and gets to wave 30.

summoner - 2157/3787/2181/1763 Can Be done with 1.5k/2k/1k/1k

monk - 1179/2022/1861/633

Series - 2919/974/838/255

Squire 1224/2076/889/1369

huntress - 1401/1425/1460/1315

Mana Summoner - 1107/1334/968/974
- Hero Health 824/norm Resist 78%/fire resist 77% /lightning resist 76% /Poison resist 77%

Use the mana summoner during the combat phases, make sure to use a genie pet and another (i use a monkey)
Upgrade pink beams then auras.
Auras to 3 then everything else.
Upgrade all Buff Beams before end of first wave.
and the rest where ever.
Have all upgrades done by wave 20

See my friend what I did was. I did survival and built up enough money to buy better armor. I kept doing that than I was able to farm my own armor. It's very simple.

Sure thing, add me.

You could also do Kings Game NMHC survival with the stats you've listed. They are slightly better than mine and I have gotten to wave 28 twice with 2 players using this build (http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?87265-Guide-Kings-Game-NMHCMM-surival/page1).
It takes a little deciphering but it is quite effective and nets a lot of trans gear as well as some sup/ults plus about 80-100mil mana per wave. It;s also quite entertaining to hit the shiny tiles. :)

Fyi - you don't need to do aquanos on nmhc to unlock nm survival. Just run it on plain nm for the clear as it makes it easier in case you die (unless you want to farm the lemurian wep).