Farming Kings Game: Splittscreen or Solo?

Theorycrafting incoming...

It's generaly assumed that splittscreen = more loot = better.

But this works under the assumption that more mobs = more chances of good loot. More players dont increase the quality of droped loot, more players just increase the item counter (how many items there can be on the map at the same time) and the mob counter.

Kings Game however has about zero mob count scaling with more players. The diffrence between 1 player or 4 players is about ~100 mobs and this got me thinking: wouldnt it be much faster to solo farm Kings instead of splittscreening? Ive never seen a trans item or above despawn and the number of mobs (= possible drops) stays almost the same anyways but it would be much faster due to not having the mobs scale in HP.

So what do you think? Spot on or am I missing something?

I've done at least 2 runs solo and the rest had 2-4 players depending on if I hosted a pub game. I find some nice stuff on solo runs, but it's not as good as having 2 or 3 toons in game. I always end up with more trans on the ground with a 2nd person in game than just solo runs.

Less mobs will take less time, but unless you have really weak towers that struggle to kill mobs and require heavy use of gas traps, adding the 2nd player will be such a minor increase in wave time.

Like dreamn said. Splitscreen gives better loots. If your build is able to hold out, I'd advise as many splits as possible. I farm with 1 main and 2 afk. A forth afk will spawn too many ogres and the map is too big to run that distance for the repairing.

The difference in loots (solo vs 3players is very obvious)

Stop saying that. Splitscreen does not increase loot quality, only loot quantity. And splitscreen is no different from playing with other players, either, whom if your friends, will make things a lot easier instead of harder.

Yes, you get more loot rolls because of more enemies- but those loot rolls still use the same numbers to generate drops. The maximum potential quality does not increase. Crappier drops being sold first simply creates the illusion that the overall quality is increasing, when in fact it is not.

Well i've tested it on 2 runs now, once solo and once with 3 chars. Ammount of trans is about the same, 35 solo to 38 with 3 chars. The solo run also gave me a supreme piece so the number of usable armor is 36 vs 38 but the solo doesnt take nearly as long to do waves 20 to 30. Plus if i run it solo i can start on wave 19 vs wave 14 for the 3 man run because i need much less upgrades (my auras have terrible health atm, even when they are 3 stared they run out during the waves so i need to max them to get anything done without having to repair all the time)

And Strike, your completely missing the point I made, I'm talking about loot quality not quantity. I know that 3 man drops more stuff but it doesnt increase the quality of the loot (maybe to the extent of what Waltrill said, but that only is relevant for mythicals and I'm not looking for mythicals anyways)

So i'd say that at least on Kings Game you are better of doing solo runs if you look for ultimate armors than doing 3 man runs. 3 (or 4) man gives you ****loads of mana to upgrade those supreme accs however and i guess that counts for something...

I've almost exclusively done solo KG farms. I tried it with AFKs a half dozen times and noticed no marked difference in quality. The only time I plug in the controllers these days is for farming pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've almost exclusively done solo KG farms. I tried it with AFKs a half dozen times and noticed no marked difference in quality. The only time I plug in the controllers these days is for farming pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pets and reward weapons, but otherwise the same notion. It works quite well as a multiplier for final rewards as far as quantity goes. Quality is still quite random.