PLEASE properly explain EV stats to me

hi, please be patient with me i am terribly confused as many people told me different things

i use tower buff beams for summoner minions which are always inside stacks of monk auras, then a reflect beam infront of the minion wall and sometimes a physical beam aswell

for this, should i focus only on tower health stat? does that effect the potency of the tower buff beam and reflect/physical? what does the tower buff beam do exactly for the auras/beams/minions, boost resistances and damage aswell as attack speed?

so basically for series EV's physical/reflect + tower buff(i never use the two damage beams):--->

what does tower health stat do?
what does tower attack speed do?
what d oes tower damage do?

thank you!!

Health is the amount of "activity" any given Beam can endure, and it also increases the potency of the Tower Buff Beam. Damage is for the proton beam mostly, as is the attack speed. Proton beams are really strong but...extremely limited making them hard to justify most of the time.

Which is why most EVs just focus on Tower Health, because their principle use in the game is to provide reflection walls (tower health) and Buff Beams (Tower health).

I don't know why most EVs focus on just tower HP. Seriously. Buff beams depend on all stats, and their damage scales best.

I don't know why most EVs focus on just tower HP. Seriously. Buff beams depend on all stats, and their damage scales best.

Care to elaborate? Because shock beams and proton beams appear to be the only ones that scale with the other *three* stats.

Care to elaborate? Because shock beams and proton beams appear to be the only ones that scale with the other *three* stats.

*facepalm*

The buff beams boost the tower/minions stats according to your EV stats:

Higher Health will give higher damage resistance, so they take less damage.
Higher Damage gives higher damage boost on beams. best scaling for the buff beam
Higher Radius for more range boost. This stat has bad scaling though.
Higher Rate gives more rate boost.

TDamage also affects the amount of damage of reflected projectiles.

The real reason people dump into THealth is for prolonging the lifetime of a Physical Beam.

when you have 2000 points in every tower stat on ev, you dont need more, 2000 more points gives maybe a 2% increase in damage ...

tower health increases buff beams resistance boost
tower damage increase buff beams damage boost
tower range increases buff beams range boost
tower attack speed increases buff beams attack speed boost
though tower health and attack are only ones that are needed rather high. my ev has 3900 health 3900 attack 1700 range 1600 speed for stats. was at 1900 for range and it didnt change when dropped to 1700 speed was at 1750 and didnt change when dropped down to 1600.

at some point i might actually put some time into testing the exact stat needed for each .01 increase if no one has done this yet

hi, please be patient with me i am terribly confused as many people told me different things

i use tower buff beams for summoner minions which are always inside stacks of monk auras, then a reflect beam infront of the minion wall and sometimes a physical beam aswell

for this, should i focus only on tower health stat? does that effect the potency of the tower buff beam and reflect/physical? what does the tower buff beam do exactly for the auras/beams/minions, boost resistances and damage aswell as attack speed?

so basically for series EV's physical/reflect + tower buff(i never use the two damage beams):--->

thank you!!

tower health increases the health of proton beams, shock beams, physical walls, and reflective walls, and it also increases the damage resistance bonus granted to towers and minions from buff beams.

tower damage increases the damage of proton beams and shock beams, it increases the damage scaling for reflected projectiles for reflective walls, and increases the damage multiplier for towers, minions, traps, and auras from buff beams.

tower radius does nothing for EV towers, but it does increase the duration of the stun from shock beams. however, it increases the range multiplier for towers, traps, auras, and minions from buff beams.

tower rate increases the damage tick frequency for proton beams, it decreases the recharge time for shock beams, and it increases the attack speed multiplier for towers, traps (it affects their reset time), minions, and auras from buff beams.

a reflective wall buffed by a buff beam will receive a multiplier to its damage scaling for reflected projectiles, which can get really funny in late survival waves when ogre snot balls are reflected, and even more so with goblin copter rockets.

wow nice quick informative responses thanks all :) i'll focus on tower health & damage then and try to get them both as high up as possible

*facepalm*

The buff beams boost the tower/minions stats according to your EV stats:

Higher Health will give higher damage resistance, so they take less damage.
Higher Damage gives higher damage boost on beams. best scaling for the buff beam
Higher Radius for more range boost. This stat has bad scaling though.
Higher Rate gives more rate boost.

TDamage also affects the amount of damage of reflected projectiles.

The real reason people dump into THealth is for prolonging the lifetime of a Physical Beam.

That's why, for the best results, it's best to have separate Buffer and Waller EVs.

That's why, for the best results, it's best to have separate Buffer and Waller EVs.

Difference between 0 Tdmg and 3k Tdmg is really low, I ignore damage completely and focus only on tower health.

really? my wallers is my buffer almost 4k in both attack and health for towers and i see a lot of players have waller only ev with slightly higher health then me. i know a lot do have waller only ev i just don't see the point in making leveling and gearing another character just for walls when a buffer can be just as good as a waller.
my exact stats are
tower health 3917
tower attack 3973
shock beam stun time(range) 1715
beam reset time/beam attack speed 1636.

this is with trans armor one trans clava and one ult clava all farmed myself

Also keep in mind the EV wall health varies in their range , the bigger walls gives you more health , which make them useless in small area (like the TD inside) even if you go full tower HP.

phoenix, in your case it is probably because the delve info for buff beams is truncated to 2 decimals. it may read say, 2.12, but it could really be something like 2.127836. the buffed tower will get the benefit of the full value, so all those extra numbers can make a significant difference.

Tower Health is the biggest factor in what EV walls are used for though. Proton beams are rarely used, same with Shock Beams. Reflection Walls are to protect your defenses, and for them it's making sure they can soak up lots of damage (Tower Health), while buff beams are mostly to make your defenses more durable (Tower Health) but also more effective ... except that the scaling with 2 of the stats is absolutely terrible and you'll get 99% of its effective boost by default just by being EV and wearing tower gear, while the third (Tower Damage) is going to give you ~95% of its effective benefits the same way...soooo....yeah.

Not that you aren't correct, mind you, but the difference is so minuscule that it's hardly worth investing the billions of mana (and countless hours into leveling and extra gearing) into just for a 2%, maybe as high as 3% increase in your Buff Beams? Then again, this is coming from someone that once had an App dedicated just to building magic walls...so maybe I should shut up? :P

Tower Health is the biggest factor in what EV walls are used for though. Proton beams are rarely used, same with Shock Beams. Reflection Walls are to protect your defenses, and for them it's making sure they can soak up lots of damage (Tower Health), while buff beams are mostly to make your defenses more durable (Tower Health) but also more effective ... except that the scaling with 2 of the stats is absolutely terrible and you'll get 99% of its effective boost by default just by being EV and wearing tower gear, while the third (Tower Damage) is going to give you ~95% of its effective benefits the same way...soooo....yeah.

Not that you aren't correct, mind you, but the difference is so minuscule that it's hardly worth investing the billions of mana (and countless hours into leveling and extra gearing) into just for a 2%, maybe as high as 3% increase in your Buff Beams? Then again, this is coming from someone that once had an App dedicated just to building magic walls...so maybe I should shut up? :P

AH the good old days, ps3 for the win. ") I had a complete set of tower health armor and a weapon that I would equip.

if you actually use physical walls, i GUESS it could be logical to have an EV with retarded high tower health. getting health/damage as high as possible and range/rate to 1600ish yields the best overall results though. actually, with the scaling, if you dont plan to use proton beams, like, 2100 damage is really all you need. but, proton beams are amazingly effective for ogres when placed in front of minion walls, so, pick your poison.

[c3;754070']if you actually use physical walls, i GUESS it could be logical to have an EV with retarded high tower health. getting health/damage as high as possible and range/rate to 1600ish yields the best overall results though. actually, with the scaling, if you dont plan to use proton beams, like, 2100 damage is really all you need. but, proton beams are amazingly effective for ogres when placed in front of minion walls, so, pick your poison.

Except that in order to get the most out of them, you'd want them connected to the minion wall buff beam, and to do that you're going to need a 3du chain to reliably hit ogres from their max swing length (which can always be a problem with their AI). However, once you step up to a 3du chain it's in direct competition with a proxy trap mostly (which both serve pretty much the same functionality with largely the same overall wave-endurance) that does decent amounts of damage *and* does a very good job of exploding anything else that comes anywhere near that part of the wall, and from far greater distances than the proton beam is ever going to be effective at. Not to mention that applying a proxy trap at a given lane involves far less guess work or cooperative enemy AI. At least that's my logic. I mean, you're right about the absurd amount of damage protons can pump out for as cheap as they are, but "where" they can be appropriately applied is quite a bit more limited.

I mean, if we're comparing the damage output of a 2du proton beam on its own vs a 3du proxy seated on a buff beam, there's no comparison to be made. Granted, I'm not a proton beam expert by any stretch of the imagination, so feel free to disagree with my blessing. :P

youre not wrong, at all. but if you want to nitpick it like that, it gets into a much greater debate about how you build and what use in your builds and a whole lot of other things.

keep in mind im not going to log into the game right now and check this, so, take it for what its worth, but, if were talking about just ogres standing on the proton beam, 3, maybe 4 ticks from a well stat'd beam will be able to do as much damage as a well stat'd charge from a proximity mine. and unless you are standing there with a huntress guardian, its hard to get the reset on a proximity to less than half a second (meaning it is actually firing twice every second). so, the proton beam will almost always tick more frequently, which means in a given interval, it will do more damage (they have a frequency of about .10 at relatively low tower rate. 1400 or so i think).

when i use them, i almost always place them in an X pattern in front of my minion walls so that they have a larger coverage, so yes, this is 6 DU used on them. but it is also, currently for me, 30000 damage per tick. which is 300000 a second. and after a spider gets a hold of the ogre, its 600000 per beam per second, per ogre that is standing on top of it. and if my monk is near it, its like, 1.3 million per beam, per ogre, per second. its justified to me.

but thats also how i choose to build. i trust that my auras will take care of 95% of enemies, and my minions and proton beams will take care of ogres. it hasnt failed me yet. as a result, i have a ton of leftover DU in most maps, so i fill up with proton beams. its important to note i generally only do this for survivals, however. it does take time, and with limited build time, its not really wise.

thank you!!

I'm not sure what's unintuitive about these stats, but here we go.

Tower health increases the health of EV defenses. (should be obvious). Much like auras and traps, it determines how long Shock beams and Proton beams can last, and how much damage reflect and physical beams can take.
Tower damage increases the damage of EV defenses (again, should be obvious). It also increases the multiplier applied to Reflect Beams for when the reflected projectiles hit an enemy.
EV doesn't have a tower attack speed stat. It becomes Shock Beam Reset Time on EV, and that's pretty self explanatory.
All four tower stats increase the effect of Tower Buff Beams on the defenses the buff beams are effecting.

I'm not sure what's unintuitive about these stats, but here we go.

Tower health increases the health of EV defenses. (should be obvious). Much like auras and traps, it determines how long Shock beams and Proton beams can last, and how much damage reflect and physical beams can take.
Tower damage increases the damage of EV defenses (again, should be obvious). It also increases the multiplier applied to Reflect Beams for when the reflected projectiles hit an enemy.
EV doesn't have a tower range stat. It becomes Shock Beam Reset Time on EV, and that's pretty self explanatory.
All four tower stats increase the effect of Tower Buff Beams on the defenses the buff beams are effecting.

Fixed it for you.