Humble Bundle version outdated - 7.46?

I recently got introduced to Dungeon Defenders through the Humble Indie Bundle. It caught my eye, since the games in the Bundle are DRM-free. However, I was wondering about something: The Steam version of this game is version 7.47c, while the Humble Bundle version is 7.46c, which makes the save data from the (newer) Steam version incompatible with the Bundle version. Is there a manual 7.47 update file anywhere, or will I just have to hope the Bundle version gets updated? Thanks in advance.

I think you should reconsider "DRM-free" and "manual update", as DD gets patched every week at least. Sometimes 3 times in one day.

I think you should reconsider "DRM-free" and "manual update", as DD gets patched every week at least. Sometimes 3 times in one day.

This is why the DRM version is not upto date with the Steam version. Jer posted somewhere that once the Christmas DLC was released and the associated hot patches were released they would look into releasing a patch to bring the DRM free versions upto date.

Is it worth using gamespy for DD multiplayer? I've been using Steam since 2003 and imo they do a good job and I take full advantage of the 75% off offers :)

Holy crap, seriously? Well, huh. I'm a proponent of DRM-free games, but I guess I'll have to deal with stuff for now. I just want to make sure I'll be able to play everything in the future.

Holy crap, seriously? Well, huh. I'm a proponent of DRM-free games, but I guess I'll have to deal with stuff for now. I just want to make sure I'll be able to play everything in the future.

Steam version is updated as soon as they finish working on the patch. 7.47->7.47c (hotfix) took all of 48 hours b/c of this. The constant updates really only applies to bug fixing though. 2-4 weeks for major content patches still seems to be the norm

However, as stated above Trendy has stated repeatedly that the non-steam versions (humble bundle among them) will recieve all the content that the steam version has at some point early 2013.

If you cant wait, I believe you can request a steam key for games bought through the bundle which not only gives you access to the updates, but a much larger community also (peaks of 8000 players at some points in the previous week).

Yeah, I have the Steam key from the Bundle, and I've been playing that. I'm glad there's going to be an update for the DRM-free versions, I'll just wait for that.

I don't mind using Steam now, but I'm enjoying Dungeon Defenders so much, that I know I'll be coming back to it for years to come. So I just want to make sure I'll be able to play it, that's all. But thanks for the info!

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious, but did I miss an update for the Humble Bundle version? (Still have 7.46c) As a Linux user I can't use the steam version so I'd love to get some updates. If I haven't, is there a time table for it, and where should I be checking to see if it's out yet?

Also, not that anyone here knows, but will the fixes for the Linux version be released through trendy, or will they come directly from icculus?

• 1 month later...
Just curious, but did I miss an update for the Humble Bundle version? (Still have 7.46c) As a Linux user I can't use the steam version so I'd love to get some updates.

I just bought Humble Bundle 5, for just ONE thing: A new Linux version of DD.

I now have v7.48, but unfortinately this version still have the LAN/Multiplayer issue mentioned in http://forums.trendyent.com/showthread.php?88133-Linux-Online-and-Lan-not-working.-Unknown-Error

Also, not that anyone here knows, but will the fixes for the Linux version be released through trendy, or will they come directly from icculus?

I'd like to know that as well.... and I'd like to get notifed when there are new Linux versions, and especially in what ways they are improved.

The Linux version may be coming to Steam at some point. There seems to be a beta, but I don't know the details. I do know that if you'd like to help and you already own the game on Windows/mac on Steam, you should inquire about it in a PM to Hitmonchan.

as this thread is a 2-month necrobump, I'll be closing the thread. However, please continue to discuss the network problems in the thread you linked.